ImageImage

ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade for Eric Gordon

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,430

Re: ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade for Eric Gordon 

Post#81 » by blazza18 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:08 am

EzeDoesIt wrote:Why do sports writers think anyone wants to sign Ellis, much less for $11 mil?

Something about having it all or something.

He does have some value I guess. If your main goal isn't winning.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Post#82 » by Frank Nova » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:16 am

RickInCali wrote:This idea is grotesque. If you could get Gordon to say "I did it for Jesus", you'd have Mike Redd's ghost, and I cannot stomach that whatsoever. I'd rather call OKC and get Lamb and Perkins bad contract. You save a lot of cash, a lot of entitled attitude and a lot of heartbreak when the guy is in pout-mode or injury mode. Gordon as face of the franchise? I'm done with this team if they do this.

Gordon has all star potential and it's pretty well known that a ton of people around the league believe that. Mike Redd was an all star as well but we just did a terrible job building around him before injuries ruined his career. No way is Gordon that high injury risk yet so comparing him to Redd is unfair.

And if u took away Monta Ellis from this team and added Prime all star 22ppg Michael Redd, this team is top 4 team in a weak Eastern conference. If Gordon can enjoy his stay in Milwaukee and be an efficient 20ppg scorer like most think he's capable of, we have a competent, well balanced top 4 eastern conference caliber team all because of 1 players potential. Id say ur remarks about disgust and being done with the team is total overkill.

Btw, Larry Sanders is the face of the franchise by beginning of next season. This is his team now. Gordon is a pure scorer u build ur back court around. Larry is a defensive machine u build ur team around. Big difference.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Post#83 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:22 am

LUKE23 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:do we still have the option to just give josh smith all that money and keep our young guys too? seems funny giving up better assets for the max guy with the lesser impact..... whose basically been out of play the last couple years with injury issues. whats the upside? let me guess.... is it ts%? do i win a prize?

Youth, talent, efficiency, and the fact he's not a rental. It's hilarious that you'd rather go after Josh Smith on a 30 game rental than a player like Gordon.

I remember when people were saying we shouldn't go after Stephen Curry for the exact same reasons we shouldn't now go after Gordon. That worked out well. Oh wait.... :lol:

stop saying im advocating a josh smith rental. . ive never suggested that idiocy. i am all for locking him up if he were to agree to our 5 year max offer before a deal is made.

is gordons knee checked out id at least consider him... id probably offer less money to kevin martin and see if he were willing to take it first. neither guy has the impact or gives us the safety net smith would give us tho.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#84 » by LUKE23 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 am

Kevin Martin? LOL.

And Smith can't extend until the summer. No chance I'm giving up any type of legitimate assets to take a slim chance that Smith wants to play in Milwaukee.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#85 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:25 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:stop saying im advocating a josh smith rental. . ive never suggested that idiocy. i am all for locking him up if he were to agree to our 5 year max offer before a deal is made.

You want to give Josh **** Smith 5 years, 90 million? Holy ****. That max is way more cap killing then Gordon's 4/60.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
RickInCali
Junior
And1: 1

Post#86 » by RickInCali » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:29 am

Weezy.....Mike Redd was a colossal waste of money, not to mention the unspeakable moves they made to clear the decks for him when it was decided he was going to be our centerpiece. Gordon will not be happy in Milwaukee, and the fans will not be happy with him because it would be almost impossible for him to play up to that contract. He is also an injury risk. I agree that we need a 2 of the future. I just prefer someone like Lamb from OKC as he's cheaper with a high ceiling - even figuring that you'd have to take back Perkins' bad contract. I continue to think that PHX is a great trade partner for an Ellis deal in combination to end up with Dragic and Gortat.
We all need hope, but hope is not a plan.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,430

Post#87 » by blazza18 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:32 am

I think we're a more realistic chance in getting Gordon than Lamb. And Lamb hasn't proven anything yet. Kohl would have no idea who he is.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Post#88 » by Frank Nova » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:36 am

LUKE23 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:do we still have the option to just give josh smith all that money and keep our young guys too? seems funny giving up better assets for the max guy with the lesser impact..... whose basically been out of play the last couple years with injury issues. whats the upside? let me guess.... is it ts%? do i win a prize?

Youth, talent, efficiency, and the fact he's not a rental. It's hilarious that you'd rather go after Josh Smith on a 30 game rental than a player like Gordon.

I remember when people were saying we shouldn't go after Stephen Curry for the exact same reasons we shouldn't now go after Gordon. That worked out well. Oh wait.... :lol:

Very good call Luke on the Steph Curry reference. This is easily an almost identical situation. Eric Gordon hasn't even came close to peaking yet and he's easily considered a potential all star talent wise. Sure there are injury concerns but u can't be rewarded without taking risk and that's just a fact of life.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#89 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:39 am

blazza18 wrote:I think we're a more realistic chance in getting Gordon than Lamb. And Lamb hasn't proven anything yet. Kohl would have no idea who he is.

I know you're being cheeky but he did come here for a workout didn't he? Or de he miss because he hurt himself in TO?
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#90 » by Max Green » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:52 am

Gordon not being able to play a full season since his rookie year is definitely cause for concern. There's a big risk involved in trading for him since he's making big money and misses a lot of games, but he's a young talented player that I wouldn't pass up on.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#91 » by emunney » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:55 am

CanadaBucks wrote:
blazza18 wrote:I think we're a more realistic chance in getting Gordon than Lamb. And Lamb hasn't proven anything yet. Kohl would have no idea who he is.

I know you're being cheeky but he did come here for a workout didn't he? Or de he miss because he hurt himself in TO?

I think he's just saying NO seems more motivated to trade Gordon. Can't get someone in a trade if his team doesn't care to trade him. Nothing to do with Lamb's desires. He's a kid. He'd probably be thrilled to go anywhere he could get on the court.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
DWagner85
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#92 » by DWagner85 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:39 am

LUKE23 wrote:Kevin Martin? LOL.

And Smith can't extend until the summer. No chance I'm giving up any type of legitimate assets to take a slim chance that Smith wants to play in Milwaukee.

Players that go from one team to another via trade are allowed a one week window to strike a deal with the team. Yes the 100% conformation cannot be signed until summer, but the team and player are allowed to sign the dotted line and send it to the league confirming the agreement.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#93 » by whatthe_buck!? » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:56 am

emunney wrote:George Romney painted that, and yes, he is related.

Somehow I missed this post earlier. That is crazy. However, George W Bush is clearly a much more talented painter than any of Romneys ancestors IMO...
kanyon
Junior
And1: 197

Post#94 » by kanyon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:30 am

why trade for Gordon when Redd is a FA.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#95 » by Badgerlander » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Gordon is one of the few players who can control their future this season as he has the ability to veto all trades until July 14. The collective bargaining agreement gives Gordon this power since the New Orleans Hornets matched the $58.36 million offer sheet he signed with the Phoenix Suns.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Post#96 » by midranger » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:21 pm

Baddy
Tobias
Udoh
Gooden
Highly Protected Atlanta 1st
for
Gordon

and

Monta
for
Devin Harris
Highly Protected Atlanta 1st

Devin Harris / Udrih
Eric Gordon / Lamb
LRMAM / Dunleavy
Ersan / Henson
Sanders / Dalembert

This stuff isn't too hard. That team is definitely better than what we trot out now. It's is also much more flexible salary-wise.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#97 » by drew881 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:34 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
Gordon is one of the few players who can control their future this season as he has the ability to veto all trades until July 14. The collective bargaining agreement gives Gordon this power since the New Orleans Hornets matched the $58.36 million offer sheet he signed with the Phoenix Suns.

Basically comes down to whether or not he wants to play in the playoffs (any play with whoever we have left) if we were to strike a deal.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,356

Post#98 » by M-C-G » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:46 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1234359

Maybe it was mentioned in this thread, but someone from the trade board started a rumor thread. In it, they said espn tweeted

WizardsWorld wrote:ESPN had two interesting rumors today...

First being Eric Gordon to the Bucks for Ellis and Tobias Harris

And second Josh Smith to the Suns for Dudley, Morris, Brown and Suns 1st

I could see both of those happening. Although I could see the Hawks trying to get Gortat in the deal first.

I would actually prefer Ellis plus 1st for Gordon, but definitely a deal worth doing.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#99 » by jeremyd236 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:52 pm

If we landed Gordon and the Hawks shipped Smith somewhere else, it'd be interesting to see what happens with Jennings. I just cannot see us keeping him (I'd be pissed if he wasn't traded and we let him walk as a RFA).
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#100 » by whatthe_buck!? » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Ellis and Tobes for Eric Gordon is close to a best-case scenario trade as far as I'm concerned. I'd be ecstatic, not just because I'm behind rolling the dice on Gordon, but moreso because that would eliminate all the potential disaster Monta Eliis trade scenarios. And yes, I'm including trading him and a few assets for a couple month rental of Josh Smith as a 'disaster' scenario...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks