ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Most Disturbing & Mind Opening Short Video

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

OT - Most Disturbing & Mind Opening Short Video 

Post#1 » by earthmansurfer » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:25 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_OawJA68jI[/youtube]

Wow - :o This is my first OT video post but this video just simply blew me away. It is difficult to describe and it is unnerving. The film is full of symbolism and vivid imagery.

You have to watch it in HD - incredible 3D animation. Guy worked on it for 4 years FULL TIME and 3 years PT as well as bringing in outside consultants. Just a huge project for a short 7 min film but seeing the results makes you understand why. He has also worked on some big films like Final Fantasy and Lord of the Rings.

Commentary from creator:
http://www.heliofant.com/commentary.html

EMS
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Re: OT - Most Disturbing & Mind Opening Short Video 

Post#2 » by makeitstop » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Wow, that was really well done. Politics aside, that is some downright brilliant animation.
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
xsaberx
Bench Warmer
And1: 413

Post#3 » by xsaberx » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:35 pm

thank you for posting this!
QueenzAllDay
Sixth Man
And1: 425

Post#4 » by QueenzAllDay » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:18 pm

Visually looks cool. You can tell that the person definitely put in a lot of work.

Me personally, I have no idea what I just watched. I guess I understood some of the symbolism but I just don't come away with anything from it.
TANK LIFE
Starks
Veteran
And1: 408

Post#5 » by Starks » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Wow, visually amazing. But honestly, this video is so random that it can only have the meaning you want it to have. Seriously, I don't think anybody can pretend to know what the combination of all this stuff means. It's well done though.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by earthmansurfer » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:36 pm

The video is not random. Rather it is a story. Remember, the guy had spent 7 years plus on it.

The creator did say the symbology is open, at least in some areas, but again it is a story. And one with a good ending for a change.
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Post#7 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:41 pm

If I were a graphic designer/visual artist, I could've done better.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 23,585

Post#8 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:08 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMO6vjmkyI[/youtube]

This is cooler.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by earthmansurfer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Here is a decent explanation of the Symbology that I found (http://vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/ ... t-goat-ii/).

Their conclusion (though they give an exhaustive review):

I, Pet Goat II has received widespread acclaim for its technical prowess and its original storytelling. Although there is no narration or dialogue, an elaborate story is delivered using the most ancient and universal language in History: Symbolism. Through symbols, the movie manages to deliver an acerbic critique of today’s Western Civilization, to describe its numerous evils and even to predict its inevitable downfall. More importantly, a thorough decoding of the movie’s symbolism reveals a powerful message of spiritual enlightenment based on ancient Mysteries. While this esoteric aspect of the movie might not be understood by many, it is at the core of the movie and is presented as the ultimate solution to the evils and corruption of today’s world. The movie’s conclusion is therefore a very personal one: Either YOU become a pet goat with a 666 bar-code on your forehead or YOU become a Christ figure with a third eye on your forehead. This notion of personal enlightenment is definitively a Gnostic one and is common to most esoteric schools of thoughts in all civilizations.

Agreeing or disagreeing with the movie’s spiritual conclusion is a question of personal beliefs, but it is nevertheless obvious that those behind I, Pet Goat II are “in the know” about all things occult, esoteric and even conspiratorial. Each scene has a profound underlying story behind it – whether it be historical, political or spiritual – that would take pages and pages of words to thoroughly explain. Therein lie the power of symbols: They can simply be admired for their aesthetic beauty or they can, when fully understood, reveal a profound story about humanity, God and everything in between.
Sasaki
Veteran
And1: 781

Post#10 » by Sasaki » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:57 pm

I'm going to be perfectly blunt.

Pretentious, ridiculous garbage. From a pure "effort" perspective, it's not terrible, but if any video embodies the postmodernist, pretentious conspiratorial junk which embodies "art" today, it's this.
But do you know what they call a fool, who's full of himself and jumps into the path of death because it's cool?
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by earthmansurfer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:56 pm

Sasaki wrote:....

Pretentious, ridiculous garbage. From a pure "effort" perspective, it's not terrible, but if any video embodies the postmodernist, pretentious conspiratorial junk which embodies "art" today, it's this.

Taking something so immense, symbolic & complicated and boiling it down so narrowly, misses so much.
JoseChinga
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#12 » by JoseChinga » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:06 pm

Could you really do better, numbnuts?
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#13 » by ITGM » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:57 am

These guys are ingeniously double-mind-fking you guys. :lol: Anyone who is privy and illuminated to this hermetic ideology knows that the commentary is ostensibly elucidating the animation. Either this diabolical contrivance has been done intentionally or the creator is working with a limited understanding of this esoteric knowledge; albeit, I immensely enjoyed the satirical opening on Bush, Obama, and the establishment.
ITGM
RealGM

Post#14 » by ITGM » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:03 am

I just noticed the creator semiotically tells you you're being mind-fked in the opening scene on the chalkboard.

Buhahahahahaha these dudes are hilarious! :falloff:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,375

Post#15 » by j4remi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:39 am

The animation was excellent...the illuminati conspiracy stuff was indeed a bit obnoxious though imo...Still an amazing effort from those who made the video, but any deep message is kinda hurt when they go for the blatant occult symbolism that irks me to no end. I also didn't like the abuse of the images of Jesus and the Hindu God tbh.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by earthmansurfer » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:54 am

ITGM - Na, I don't they are mind F'ing us. I think they are genuinely trying to communicate something (If I understood you correctly). You mention the chalkboard. Notice the evolution word via hangman and then above the board is the evolutionary cycle, but with a new figure at the end - an enlightened man apparently. To the left of the board is a map, with some interesting placed pins. An owl is above that, more clear symbolism. Sort of a mental investigation with so much. Have to say, first time I saw it (thus far I've only watched it 3 or 4 times) it created an uncomfortable feeling, especially the opening. The way Bush turns into Obama but wearing the graduation cap (from Bush's dunca cap) along with the charm and smiles was a nice alert. eheheh

j4remi - I liked Bin Laden with the CIA uniform on. Come on, that isn't a conspiracy, wasn't he a known CIA asset for years! :lol: I see your point but know that the author meant the Jesus figure to be a Christ, not Jesus the Christ. His meaning was that it is in each of us potentially, which gets back to the very opening scene on the blackboard.

Watched it with my girlfriend last night and it sort of shocked her as well. She was trying to pick out the meanings as well. Funny how different parts his each of us quite differently, but no shock there.
Sasaki
Veteran
And1: 781

Post#17 » by Sasaki » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:05 pm

JoseChinga wrote:

Could you really do better, numbnuts?

I can watch Meet the Spartans and call it crap, I can play Civilization V and call it the most disappointing game ever, why can't I do it with this?. Like I said, it's not bad from a pure "Effort" perspective by any stretch of the imagination, but the video just reeks of some hipster trying to pull off a "Oh, look at how cool and edgy I am by using all this symbolism which shows just how INCOMPREHENSIBLE this is! This is art, man!"
But do you know what they call a fool, who's full of himself and jumps into the path of death because it's cool?
ITGM
RealGM

Post#18 » by ITGM » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:27 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:ITGM - Na, I don't they are mind F'ing us. I think they are genuinely trying to communicate something (If I understood you correctly). You mention the chalkboard. Notice the evolution word via hangman and then above the board is the evolutionary cycle, but with a new figure at the end - an enlightened man apparently. To the left of the board is a map, with some interesting placed pins. An owl is above that, more clear symbolism. Sort of a mental investigation with so much. Have to say, first time I saw it (thus far I've only watched it 3 or 4 times) it created an uncomfortable feeling, especially the opening. The way Bush turns into Obama but wearing the graduation cap (from Bush's dunca cap) along with the charm and smiles was a nice alert. eheheh

I'm well aware of the meanings of the aforementioned symbols that are depicted on the chalkboard; however, I was referring to the phallus image that seems to be secreting a fluid on the heads of Bush and Obama. 8-)
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,375

Post#19 » by j4remi » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:39 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:j4remi - I liked Bin Laden with the CIA uniform on. Come on, that isn't a conspiracy, wasn't he a known CIA asset for years! :lol: I see your point but know that the author meant the Jesus figure to be a Christ, not Jesus the Christ. His meaning was that it is in each of us potentially, which gets back to the very opening scene on the blackboard.

It started off with a lot of realism...Puppet Bush and Obama being the same guy with a new face...those are both very realistic to me. Bin Laden as CIA sure. Then they bring in religious apocalyptic imagery mixed with technological apocalyptic imagery and juxtapose illuminati symbolism on top...which makes it convoluted to me. They forced in multiple different theories for a mash up that would draw in fans of every angle for how the world is ending (imho). The Jesus as what we can become symbol, I get it. I still don't like it. That's not a traditional Christian style of thinking and it doesn't do anything to add Hindu deity dancing amid the chaos (that's the one major image I really struggled to understand).

Granted, he paints a picture where we can become a Christ-like figure and do good...That's nice and all, but in his imagery, we're either Christ-Like or we're sheep...no in between. I hate that black and white crap. Does a Buddhist become Siddhartha in this reality? Or does he become Jesus since he's fighting the good fight despite not believing in Jesus? ...or is the Buddhist a sheep by virtue of not believing? For those who believe in the blue deity (I think it's Krishna or something like that), it seems like a provocation. Muslims aren't involved in the video either outside of the extremists...so they've been painted into a corner too. Idk...I just don't like it. It seems like an overly extreme video that abuses some of the symbols within it to me.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Extortion1
Junior
And1: 1

Post#20 » by Extortion1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:46 pm