ImageImageImageImageImage

Dwight alluding to staying with the Lakers?

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

KevinUrb
Sophomore
And1: 3

Re: Dwight alluding to leaving the Lakers? 

Post#121 » by KevinUrb » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:00 am

I wonder how legitimite this story is...
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/lakers_still_in_deep_freeze_NdeeieATpo9PUCtdPsNdEO
If so, Dwight really needs to go by the deadline, this dude has carried over the Dwightmare to LA and is a total team cancer.
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#122 » by Jetset » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:07 am

dockingsched wrote:where did he say he doesn't want to be traded? i missed it. if he did say it before, not sure why he couldn't answer the question today.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... -Be-Traded
Dwight Howard has been privately told on repeated occasions by Mitch Kupchak that the Los Angeles Lakers will not trade him, according to sources.

The Lakers have not directly asked Howard if he plans to re-sign with the Lakers, but sources the Lakers are "very confident" that he will remain with the franchise on a new contract.

Sources say Howard truly does not know what he will decide in the summer, but that he will definitely not ask to be traded.

Howard can become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

It's by Broussard but it's all I can get right now.

edit: I believe there was also one by Woj that goes along the same tune of him not asking for a trade. I'll see if I can find it later. That's all I got right now.
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#123 » by GAME TIME » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:10 am

destro wrote:
dockingsched wrote:where did he say he doesn't want to be traded? i missed it. if he did say it before, not sure why he couldn't answer the question today.

Dwight Howard has been privately told on repeated occasions by Mitch Kupchak that the Los Angeles Lakers will not trade him, according to sources.

The Lakers have not directly asked Howard if he plans to re-sign with the Lakers, but sources the Lakers are "very confident" that he will remain with the franchise on a new contract.

Sources say Howard truly does not know what he will decide in the summer, but that he will definitely not ask to be traded.

It's by Broussard but it's all I can get at this current time right now.

Broustard the same cat that was pimping Howard to the nets and having him a lock to be a Net..

I don't trust anything that he says or thinks.
Jetset
RealGM

Post#124 » by Jetset » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:11 am

Oh and that HotRocks guy on the GB is having a little too much fun reading the blogs.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Post#125 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:13 am

of course he's not going to demand to be traded, he's trying to avoid last year's scenario.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#126 » by myersia » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:13 am

It has become obvious that Dwight does not want to be here. Maybe he doesn't want to be traded because he knows LA won't be as nice as Orlando. Nonetheless, Dwight doesn't want to be here. Whether that means he wants to be traded or not doesn't matter. It is clear he does not want to be here. what is the point on signing a guy to a max contract if he doesn't want to be here. even if dwight is healthy next year he will be a headcase if something doesn't go his way and we will be dealing with the same ish.

I bet that NY post article has some credibility. Kobe is about two seconds from snapping on this clown and he is not alone. All season long you can tell that no one likes him on this team. When Dwight sits none of his teammates outside of Ebanks, Duhon, or Clark look interested in talking to him. The dude has rubbed so many people the wrong way its not even funny. If you watched the all star game, none of the players really interacted with Dwight. I think Dwight is not liked by many NBA stars including LeBron and Dwade. I remember the ending of the heat-lakers game LeBron and Wade approached Kobe and Dwight was standing right behind Kobe and both players didn't act like Dwight even existed.

This is getting real old real fast. All of the supporters of "the keep dwight club" need to realize that dwight does not want to be here. Thus, in my opinion why sign a guy who does not want to be here and deal with his ass any longer. He's the future? Really ask Orlando how he was the future. How many NBA finals were they in? How many championships did they win? What exactly did Dwight do that made him a player "that wins championships". Isn't that what we are about? Pretty sure Pau has won some championships. In 09 he destroyed Dwight. Obviously Kobe was a HUGE part in our championships but Dwight has not proven anything yet to show that he is a winner. He was a stat stuffer and great defender on a team that was built around him. But let's make it clear, Hedo and R. Lewis were just as important at the time.
myersia
Analyst

Post#127 » by myersia » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:16 am

destro wrote:

It's by Broussard but it's all I can get right now.

edit: I believe there was also one by Woj that goes along the same tune of him not asking for a trade. I'll see if I can find it later. That's all I got right now.

Not asking for a trade doesn't mean you don't want to be traded. Dwight won't ask for a trade because he knows it will kill his image. That doesn't mean he doesn't want to be hear or that he doesn't want to be traded.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

Post#128 » by dockingsched » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:23 am

yeah, not asking for a trade isn't the same as not wanting to be traded.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Jetset
RealGM

Post#129 » by Jetset » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:24 am

destro wrote:He's already said he doesn't want to be traded. Whether that's for his image or he truly wants to be here is a different story, but he's said he doesn't want to get traded and Mitch has told him as much.
Jetset
RealGM

Post#130 » by Jetset » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:26 am

GAME TIME wrote:Broustard the same cat that was pimping Howard to the nets and having him a lock to be a Net..

I don't trust anything that he says or thinks.

destro wrote:It's by Broussard but it's all I can get right now.

myersia
Analyst

Post#131 » by myersia » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:29 am

doesn't matter what we think at this point. Dwight WILL NOT be traded.

Mitch Kupchak reiterated the Lakers won't trade Dwight Howard

https://twitter.com/MedinaLakersNBA

Mitch Kupchak reiterated that he will not trade Dwight Howard and said the Lakers aren't planning major moves before Thursday's deadline

https://twitter.com/mcten

Kupchak said he is not trading Dwight Howard.

https://twitter.com/KevinDing

I really hope the lakers know what the hell they are doing!
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#132 » by dockingsched » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:29 am

destro, there's def. a big difference in what u asserted

"He's already said he doesn't want to be traded"

and what the article says

"sources say he won't ask to be traded".
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
myersia
Analyst

Post#133 » by myersia » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:31 am

dockingsched wrote:destro, there's def. a big difference in what u asserted

He won't change his mind. Trust me :lol:
Jetset
RealGM

Post#134 » by Jetset » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:32 am

myersia wrote:doesn't matter what we think at this point. Dwight WILL NOT be traded.

Mitch Kupchak reiterated that he will not trade Dwight Howard and said the Lakers aren't planning major moves before Thursday's deadline

Lol, you're pointing to that to make you feel better? How is that any different than what Mitch said 13 days ago? You guys are emotional wrecks, it'll get better though.
Jetset
RealGM

Post#135 » by Jetset » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:34 am

He doesn't want to be traded because he doesn't want what happened in Orlando to happen again, he also doesn't want to be traded because he wants to make his own decision at the end of the season. That's what I read a while back. Like I said before, I'll see if I can find better when I have time later. If later is too long of a wait then oh well.
myersia
Analyst

Post#136 » by myersia » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:38 am

destro wrote:
myersia wrote:doesn't matter what we think at this point. Dwight WILL NOT be traded.

Lol, you're pointing to that to make you feel better? How is that any different than what Mitch said 13 days ago? You guys are emotional wrecks, it'll get better though.

Also let me add this. We all will be emotional wrecks when the lakers are mediocre for the next five or so years.

Kupchak: "There’s not a way to upgrade the talent on this team. I don’t anticipate anything dramatic talking place in the next 2 days."

https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#137 » by GAME TIME » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:39 am

Lakers have bird rights, other teams don't, reason why Lakers won't trade him.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#138 » by dockingsched » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:40 am

destro wrote:

He doesn't want to be traded because he doesn't want what happened in Orlando to happen again, he also doesn't want to be traded because he wants to make his own decision at the end of the season. That's what I read a while back. Like I said before, I'll see if I can find better when I have time later. If later is too long of a wait then oh well.

y u always seemingly so defensive? be coo destro!
Jetset
RealGM

Post#139 » by Jetset » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:43 am

myersia wrote:Also let me add this. We all will be emotional wrecks when the lakers are mediocre for the next five or so years.

I won't be. I understand no team can stay at the top throughout the whole league's existence, there's down periods for each franchise. Seemingly only the bandwagon fans refuse to comprehend this.

The only thing that could make me an emotional wreck is if we trade Howard for anything that's been proposed on this website. Brook Lopez would be enough of an emotional wreck to cause me to stop rooting for the Lakers.
myersia
Analyst

Post#140 » by myersia » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:45 am

GAME TIME wrote:Lakers have bird rights, other teams don't, reason why Lakers won't trade him.

True. However, given his history you don't think this helps Dwight gain more leverage? In the summer he is going to demand a trade so his bird rights are traded to the Nets. Now other teams will not trade with us and know that we are desperate because Dwight can just leave us if he wants to join the Mavs or Rox. Yes that means he walks away from 30 million, but in the end we are screwed. If he walks then what do we do? Trade Pau? Trade Nash? Trade MWP? Earl will probably be gone as well.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers