PG Ben Brust takes over Joe Johnson's body

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Re: PG Ben Brust takes over Joe Johnson's body 

Post#121 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:19 am

ampd wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote: I think that u ridiculing me for believing certain proven sources of good bucks info are reliable is just as stupid.

Don't think anyone was questioning buckpack's credibility.

I don't even really care that you wanted us to lose, I just can't manage to hope for my team to lose the game unless they are tanking or there is something tangible to hope for. I find it dubious that whether we make a move was predicated on beating BKN, and I find it very hard to believe that a literally buzzer beating loss after a good game from BJ is going to be the catalyst for a franchise changing trade.

Honestly if we are basing our long term strategy on the results of the 2 games before the deadline, we are doomed anyway.

Maybe so. But I justify rooting for what I want to happen by simply trying to play the percentages. I'm choosing the info I feel is most likely to be most credible and rooting for losses based on my -possibly erroneous- interpretation that losses make what I think is best more likely to take place, even if that only very slightly changes the percentages of what I want to have happen in favor of it happening. Even if a couple losses before the deadline only changes a Monta trade from happening from 1% to 2%, it's still worth hoping for IMO...
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#122 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:22 am

emunney wrote:Per John Schuhmann on twitter, Joe Johnson is 9-10 this season with under a minute to go in the 4th or OT with the score differential 3 pts or less.

Holy ****. Seriously.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#123 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:23 am

jr lucosa wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:Read into what was said however u like. What was said tho was that a minor deal (for someone like Redick) is more likely if we go into the deadline with wins. A bigger trade (like breaking up the swag twins) is more likely if we string losses together before the deadline. Yes some of that is me reading into what was said, but if I'm correct in my interpretAtion then u guys rooting for wins may actually be making that Redick trade u guys all hate relatively MORE likely to happen. Good luck with that.

That's funny because sir BuckPack also said that Redick would be a target IF one of the starting guards are moved, which would make your statement above a contradiction.

Yeah but if we just make a smaller win now trade, that would make the likelihood that we trade for Redick ON HIS OWN without also moving one of the swag twins more likely, which it seems u agree would be a disaster. So no, it's really not a contradiction. Nice attempt though...
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,159

Post#124 » by raysbookclub » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:24 am

emunney wrote:Per John Schuhmann on twitter, Joe Johnson is 9-10 this season with under a minute to go in the 4th or OT with the score differential 3 pts or less.

Joe Johnson is no-can-defend when he wants to score, and he's been that way for at least a few years. That's why he's a max player.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 943

Post#125 » by Lippo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:27 am

why not just foul him before he catches it and give them 2 throws.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#126 » by humanrefutation » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:27 am

I thought Ted Davis was going to jump on the court and smack the **** out of Monta Ellis after he took that 3 in OT. He was apoplectic.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#127 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:31 am

Garbs_7 wrote:In my opinion, that is the longest bow in the history of bows to draw to get that conclusion. I would be willing to bet my life savings that a few losses to the Nets does not magically make Hammond and Kohl see the light and trade Jennings / Ellis, especially towards a blow up / rebuild.

Besides according to that article about Redick - Moute 1st, we are interested in him AFTER we have dealt Ellis reportedly for Smith. A loss or win to the Nets doesn't affect Reddick coming here to join Ellis and Jennings. Our deals are out there and some apprently already waiting for us to accept, these games don't change the FO's mindset and make them see the light that this backcourt doesn't work.

Quite the bold statement considering that even if we lose both games and Ellis gets traded there is no way to know if the losses factored in even a little and your life savings will be perfectly safe lol...

But seriously, is it safe to say that you're not completely horrified by the thought of us keeping both BJ and Monta past the deadline? Because it seems to me that you're implying that even if u were to concede that losses improve the chances of a Monta trade, u still wouldn't want it to happen because of the possibility that it could lead to that terrible Redick trade. Do u dispute that interpretation of what you're implying?
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#128 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:32 am

humanrefutation wrote:I thought Ted Davis was going to jump on the court and smack the **** out of Monta Ellis after he took that 3 in OT. He was apoplectic.

I wish I didn't live out of state and could've heard that lol...
JBucks
Analyst
And1: 393

Post#129 » by JBucks » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:36 am

Ted Davis: where thinking the division's within reach happens.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#130 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:38 am

whatthe_buck!? wrote:
Garbs_7 wrote:In my opinion, that is the longest bow in the history of bows to draw to get that conclusion. I would be willing to bet my life savings that a few losses to the Nets does not magically make Hammond and Kohl see the light and trade Jennings / Ellis, especially towards a blow up / rebuild.

Besides according to that article about Redick - Moute 1st, we are interested in him AFTER we have dealt Ellis reportedly for Smith. A loss or win to the Nets doesn't affect Reddick coming here to join Ellis and Jennings. Our deals are out there and some apprently already waiting for us to accept, these games don't change the FO's mindset and make them see the light that this backcourt doesn't work.

Quite the bold statement considering that even if we lose both games and Ellis gets traded there is no way to know if the losses factored in even a little and your life savings will be perfectly safe lol...

But seriously, is it safe to say that you're not completely horrified by the thought of us keeping both BJ and Monta past the deadline? Because it seems to me that you're implying that even if u were to concede that losses improve the chances of a Monta trade, u still wouldn't want it to happen because of the possibility that it could lead to that terrible Redick trade. Do u dispute that interpretation of what you're implying?

I just finished a 7 week trip of America, I have nothing left so it was a hollow bet :lol:

Of course I'm completely horrified at the thought of keeping both Monta and BJ past the deadline. I would love nothing more than a full rebuil with both gone and I will be furious if we hang onto to Ellis and don't utilise his value as an assett. I want the backcourt broken up as much as the next guy and definitely want Monta off this team but I just refuse to believe these games will affect the front office's mind in regards to keeping both or either. We have been active for weeks, deals are reportedly on the table and something will surely happen, a win or loss to the Nets wont change that.

I'm happy to agree to disagree if you feel otherwise.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,729

Post#131 » by DanoMac » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 am

FYI...from the Josh Smith trade thread. Woelful was on and said it's between us and the Suns for J Smoove.

kid idioteque wrote:Says Suns are offering Gortat, Dudley, and a 1st.

Holy hell. Please don't let Hammond touch the phone in the next 2 days.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#132 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:42 am

humanrefutation wrote:I thought Ted Davis was going to jump on the court and smack the **** out of Monta Ellis after he took that 3 in OT. He was apoplectic.

Davis is my second favorite broadcaster in this state behind Uecker. He's always been way more honest than Paschke. What did he say after the Monta three?
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#133 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:44 am

Garbs_7 wrote:I just finished a 7 week trip of America, I have nothing left so it was a hollow bet :lol:

Of course I'm completely horrified at the thought of keeping both Monta and BJ past the deadline. I would love nothing more than a full rebuil with both gone and I will be furious if we hang onto to Ellis and don't utilise his value as an assett. I want the backcourt broken up as much as the next guy and definitely want Monta off this team but I just refuse to believe these games will affect the front office's mind in regards to keeping both or either. We have been active for weeks, deals are reportedly on the table and something will surely happen, a win or loss to the Nets wont change that.

I'm happy to agree to disagree if you feel otherwise.

Well, based on the bolded statement yes, we will have to agree to disagree, but no hard feelings mate! I actually hope that you're the one who in reality is correct in ur assessment because that means that even if we win tomorrow (i think we will) we still have the same likelihood of trading Monta. How's that for a good note to end on? :-)
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,889

Post#134 » by BUCKnation » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:01 am

Ill-yasova wrote:

Davis is my second favorite broadcaster in this state behind Uecker. He's always been way more honest than Paschke. What did he say after the Monta three?

I havent always been a huge fan of Davis but he has been very good lately, especially with his guest appearances on WSSP.
Turd Ferguson
Rookie
And1: 160

Post#135 » by Turd Ferguson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:08 am

BUCKnation wrote:Im hoping the friction between Monta and Boylan leads to something.

Boylan+Tobes+2013 Top 15 protected for Reddick+Magic 2013 2nd rounder + Stuff The Magic Dragon

Need to throw in filler on our side to make it work in the trade checker
trwi7 wrote:Monta's career has done a complete 360 since he was traded here.
Turd Ferguson
Rookie
And1: 160

Post#136 » by Turd Ferguson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:09 am

Turd Ferguson wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:Im hoping the friction between Monta and Boylan leads to something.

Boylan+Tobes+2013 Top 15 protected for Reddick+Magic 2013 2nd rounder + Stuff The Magic Dragon

Needs filler on our side to make it work in the trade checker
trwi7 wrote:Monta's career has done a complete 360 since he was traded here.
Bfinkish
Sixth Man
And1: 126

Post#137 » by Bfinkish » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:09 am

DanoMac wrote:FYI...from the Josh Smith trade thread. Woelful was on and said it's between us and the Suns for J Smoove.

kid idioteque wrote:Says Suns are offering Gortat, Dudley, and a 1st.

Holy hell. Please don't let Hammond touch the phone in the next 2 days.

sources now say suns are out of the running now.
God is good.
Fed
Junior
And1: 424

Post#138 » by Fed » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:50 am

In all honesty, how come Milwaukee has the worst luck.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#139 » by humanrefutation » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:57 am

Ill-yasova wrote:

Agree on Ted. As for what he said - the moment Monta took the shot, Ted was like "WHAT?! You're a 23% Three Point Shooter! HOW CAN YOU TAKE A 3 THERE?!" He kept referring back to it during the rest of OT.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#140 » by ampd » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:58 am

Fed wrote:In all honesty, how come Milwaukee has the worst luck.

Self inflicted. Had the #1 pick twice in the last 20 years. We took Glenn Robinson over Jason Kidd. Bogut over Chris Paul.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks