ImageImage

ATL: Trade deadline eve....

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

ATL: Trade deadline eve.... 

Post#1 » by Max Green » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:29 am

Something is up with the Warriors, just loss their 6 straight, and 5 of those losses came by double-digits. I'm sure that goose egg Andrew put up tonight didn't help, maybe there is something to him messing up their chemistry.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve.... 

Post#2 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:31 am

Those Golden State guys assumed they would just plug him in and it wouldn't impact their chemistry from the first half of the season.

The box score would appear to be a classic pube game.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Cold Crush 24
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#3 » by Cold Crush 24 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:32 am

Can we get some damn trades already?! And can we get more StatAintLie posts already? WTF?!
Finals in 2017
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,430

Post#4 » by blazza18 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:34 am

Only saw bits and pieces of it but it sure did look like a pube game.

Their perimeter D has been god awful and they've been relying on Bogut to much to clean their mess up. And I've yet to see him try are right handed hook shot.

Panic mode ?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
CJTURT
Veteran
And1: 928

Post#5 » by CJTURT » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:35 am

Jordan Crawford tossed his jeresey into the stands tonight after the loss. Hes as good as traded.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#6 » by Max Green » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:36 am

Woj reports: Bledsoe & Jordan to the Celtics for KG is dead. I don't think the Clippers will trade Bledsoe.

Also the Bobcats are asking for a 1st round pick for Henderson.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
CJTURT
Veteran

Post#7 » by CJTURT » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:38 am

Max Green wrote:Woj reports: Bledsoe & Jordan to the Celtics for KG is dead. I don't think the Clippers will trade Bledsoe.

I think hes worth a 1st before Redick would be. And would sign for a lot cheaper.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#8 » by ampd » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:40 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Those Golden State guys assumed they would just plug him in and it wouldn't impact their chemistry from the first half of the season.

The box score would appear to be a classic pube game.

You know how some guys around here like Luke, etc have made a lot of our negative scoring differential and the difference between our wins and our pythagorean expectation? The same has been true of the warriors all season also. The same projection says you would expect them to be 26-27 not 30-23.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,430

Post#9 » by blazza18 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:42 am

Max Green wrote:Woj reports: Bledsoe & Jordan to the Celtics for KG is dead. I don't think the Clippers will trade Bledsoe.

Of course it is. And its probably more KG not waiving is clause and Boston not making any moves.

And is everybody asking for 1st this year ? I thought this draft was average.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#10 » by paul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:43 am

Yeah crap night for Bogut that's for sure, got scored on I think 4 times by Big Al, really only touched the ball on about 3 possessions, missed two shots and two tips, got yanked and didn't get back in. Wasn't icing or anything on the bench, don't know if he was unwell but Biedrins and Ezeli certainly weren't giving them anything more. Bogut looks rusty for sure, but he's just not touching the ball, like at all. The only times he is touching it is in stop ball post ups which really isn't his game at all.

The Warriors problem is their perimeter D has completely broken down and they quite simply don't know how to fix it. I'd love to see the percentages teams have shot from the perimeter against them the last 6 games, they'd have to be legit all-world numbers.

Add to that neither Curry or Thompson have any idea how to play with a decent big on either end and they're a bit of a mess. Seems like they're panicking a bit and Jackson really isn't doing any coaching, it's almost like they just expected it to right itself and it hasn't. HUGE couple of weeks coming up for them.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#11 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:46 am

Max Green wrote:Something is up with the Warriors, just loss their 6 straight, and 5 of those losses came by double-digits. I'm sure that goose egg Andrew put up tonight didn't help, maybe there is something to him messing up their chemistry.

Or it could be they're playing good teams, Bogut's still sitting out games and he's coming off a serious injury.

His play has been better than anyone could expect. He'll be fine.
DWagner85
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#12 » by DWagner85 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:47 am

CJTURT wrote:

I think hes worth a 1st before Redick would be. And would sign for a lot cheaper.

I agree with this 100%, I would happily trade say, Epke Udoh and our first for Henderson. He actually has something other then a jump shot.
CJTURT
Veteran

Post#13 » by CJTURT » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:49 am

DWagner85 wrote:
CJTURT wrote:

I agree with this 100%, I would happily trade say, Epke Udoh and our first for Henderson. He actually has something other then a jump shot.

I f I were Hammond Id be looking into this before JJ. We might even back their early 2nd rounder.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#14 » by eagle13 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 am

DWagner85 wrote:
CJTURT wrote:

I like Henderson but NO way our 1st goes OR Udoh. Moute straight up OR Dunleavy & 2nd.
paul
RealGM

Post#15 » by paul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:09 am

Pretty good night for Anthony Davis. Interested to get people's take on his rookie year. 12/7 on OK shooting with almost 2 blocks in 28 minutes a game on a bad team. Has had a few injury issues and a few playing issues but not a terrible rookie performance by any stretch.

How are people feeling about him? Better or worse than they were this time last year?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#16 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:16 am

paul wrote:Pretty good night for Anthony Davis. Interested to get people's take on his rookie year. 12/7 on OK shooting with almost 2 blocks in 28 minutes a game on a bad team. Has had a few injury issues and a few playing issues but not a terrible rookie performance by any stretch.

How are people feeling about him? Better or worse than they were this time last year?

If I were starting a franchise he'd be in the top ten.
Turd Ferguson
Rookie
And1: 160

Post#17 » by Turd Ferguson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:19 am

Gotta wonder what Minnesota is looking to get in return for their first, which they're apparently actively shopping. The wiretap report said they're looking for an established player...would some combo or Moute or Dunleavy and maybe our 2nd for their first+Roy work out? Do they look to take Monta in some deal where we receive their first? IT seems like the two of us and some third party would be real logical trade partners. Williams Roy and their first all seem like they can be had for the right price..I'd do everything we can to see what they'd want from us for their first.
trwi7 wrote:Monta's career has done a complete 360 since he was traded here.
Turd Ferguson
Rookie
And1: 160

Post#18 » by Turd Ferguson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:21 am

Since they went after Mozgov, can we entice them with Dally? Just checking the box score for this game and it didn't seem like he really did anything significant to up his value with Larry back in the rotation. Just can't catch a break.
trwi7 wrote:Monta's career has done a complete 360 since he was traded here.
paul
RealGM

Post#19 » by paul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:23 am

DrugBust wrote:
paul wrote:Pretty good night for Anthony Davis. Interested to get people's take on his rookie year. 12/7 on OK shooting with almost 2 blocks in 28 minutes a game on a bad team. Has had a few injury issues and a few playing issues but not a terrible rookie performance by any stretch.

If I were starting a franchise he'd be in the top ten.

Yeah solid call, based more on his college production than this season though?

I'll be honest, I thought he had some holes in his game that would get exposed a little in the pros and I think that's been the case somewhat, so I'm not really disappointed in his rookie season. There were some folks who were mega high on him and going with the 'bona fide instant superstar' kind of talk though, I'd be really interested on whether they feel the same two thirds of the way through his rookie season.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#20 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:26 am

I was / am a huge AD fan. This is about what I expected of him as a rookie, in general.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks