PG Ben Brust takes over Joe Johnson's body

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

stevescheffler06
Analyst
And1: 223

Re: PG Ben Brust takes over Joe Johnson's body 

Post#141 » by stevescheffler06 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:01 am

ampd wrote:
Fed wrote:In all honesty, how come Milwaukee has the worst luck.

Self inflicted. Had the #1 pick twice in the last 20 years. We took Glenn Robinson over Jason Kidd. Bogut over Chris Paul.

In addition to inept ownership enabling awful GMs and condoning mediocrity for 25 years.
Sneaky Pete wrote:In Disgiuse.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Post#142 » by Frank Nova » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:06 am

Bfinkish wrote:sources now say suns are out of the running now.

Where in the world did u see that??
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#143 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:08 am

Anyone have a link for the Postgame show podcast or that WSSP radio show that someone shared the other day?
Fed
Junior
And1: 424

Post#144 » by Fed » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:17 am

ampd wrote:

Self inflicted. Had the #1 pick twice in the last 20 years. We took Glenn Robinson over Jason Kidd. Bogut over Chris Paul.

Yeah, that's true...man. It just- agh. I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, brb.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#145 » by humanrefutation » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:25 am

ampd wrote:

There are a lot of things you can blame the Bucks for, but I wouldn't blame them for those two picks. Robinson, IIRC, was the consensus #1 in 1994. Bogut and Marvin Williams were the two consensus choices for #1 in 2005 (though I was pining for Paul). Hindsight is 20/20.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#146 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:36 am

humanrefutation wrote:
ampd wrote:

There are a lot of things you can blame the Bucks for, but I wouldn't blame them for those two picks. Robinson, IIRC, was the consensus #1 in 1994. Bogut and Marvin Williams were the two consensus choices for #1 in 2005 (though I was pining for Paul). Hindsight is 20/20.

Bingo. CP3 simply wasn't a good enough prospect at the time to choose instead of Bogut and to a lesser extent Marvin Williams however I would have gone Bogut / Paul / Deron / Marvin.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#147 » by Max Green » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:38 am

Garbs_7 wrote:Anyone have a link for the Postgame show podcast or that WSSP radio show that someone shared the other day?

It seems the site is down right now.

http://www.sportsradio1250.com/
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#148 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:51 am

thanks i'll keep checking it.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#149 » by ampd » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:01 am

Bogut was the consensus #1 because Chris Paul punched a dude in the balls on the court and therefore had "character issues".

Hindsight is indeed 20/20, and Big Dog and Bogut were both good players, but the fact is we whiffed on franchise changing hall of famers in both drafts. Not to mention the numerous other horrendous moves we have made in the draft over the years that weren't even at the #1 pick.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,729

Post#150 » by DanoMac » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:04 am

Garbs_7 wrote:thanks i'll keep checking it.

Sites up now, but the podcast for the post game show isn't, or it'd be under the audio on the main page. If you have twitter, you can tweet them @1250WSSP and request the show and it should be on there shortly after. I've done that a few times for Brewer postgame shows and they've put them on shortly after my requests.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#151 » by Max Green » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:06 am

Garbs_7 wrote:thanks i'll keep checking it.

Site is up now, but they haven't uploaded the podcast yet, it will be posted on this page when it's up.

http://www.sportsradio1250.com/pages/10686787.php?

Edit: Danomac beat me to it.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#152 » by Wilford Brimley » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:08 am

I'm going to bed. Hopefully there will be a trade to discuss come morning. Hopefully that trade is positive.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Post#153 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:45 am

ampd wrote:Bogut was the consensus #1 because Chris Paul punched a dude in the balls on the court and therefore had "character issues".

Hindsight is indeed 20/20, and Big Dog and Bogut were both good players, but the fact is we whiffed on franchise changing hall of famers in both drafts. Not to mention the numerous other horrendous moves we have made in the draft over the years that weren't even at the #1 pick.

I dunno about that, Bogut was a great college prospect and I think we all expected more out of his career. The issue with Paul was more that he was undersized IIRC. I don't think anybody would of picked Paul over Bogut at the time. Lets be glad we didn't take Marvin Williams like Terry Porter wanted to.
FREE GIANNIS
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#154 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:16 pm

ampd wrote:

There are a lot of things you can blame the Bucks for, but I wouldn't blame them for those two picks. Robinson, IIRC, was the consensus #1 in 1994. Bogut and Marvin Williams were the two consensus choices for #1 in 2005 (though I was pining for Paul). Hindsight is 20/20.[/quote]

Yeah exactly. Big Dog was a consensus #1. And in 2005 it was Bogut vs. Marvin Williams. Obviously the general rule of thumb is take a big man, which Milwaukee hadn't had a real good one in ages and also had high hopes yet for TJ Ford the previous year's #1 pick even with the injury.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#155 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:17 pm

paul wrote:
JBucks wrote:Refs were fine tonight. If anything I thought the reffing dispelled the notion that the Nets get all the calls. That offensive foul call on Williams at the end was a no-call waiting to happen and they saw threw Deron's phantom acting on defense.

We got two calls on that one play that should have won us the game, Ersan kicked the inbounds and they didn't call that and then called Monta's dive.

We got the refs tonight.

I completely disagree. And I never complain about the refs. For most of the game, I felt they were atrocious. One-sided against the Bucks. Larry got into foul trouble because of touch fouls. Dalembert, Ellis, and Mbah a Moute were called for multiple phantoms. Jennings was hit multiple times with no whistle. (that supposed NON-shooting foul was hilariously bad). Yes, Monta sold the shoulder from Deron Williams, and I agree you don't make the call at that juncture of the game, but the Bucks had been whistled for much less contact all game. I don't blame the refs for the loss. I blame the Bucks pathetic defense at the end of regulation (give up the two, protect the three!!!) Fun game. Disappointing outcome. Bad refs for one night.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#156 » by trwi7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:24 pm

Usually when people say I never complain about the refs they're always the first to complain about the refs.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
KeyRabbit
Rookie
And1: 38

Post#157 » by KeyRabbit » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Tony Smith is terrible, by the way. Or at least he and Paschke together are.

Bring back Chones.
And1: 2,604

Post#158 » by aboveAverage » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:19 pm

As good as Larry was, Baddy and Monta were just as bad in the fourth. Please ship them the hell out of here. Did anyone see Monta yelling at Boylan after that awful three pointer in overtime?
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,888

Post#159 » by BUCKnation » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:34 pm

aboveAverage wrote:As good as Larry was, Baddy and Monta were just as bad in the fourth. Please ship them the hell out of here. Did anyone see Monta yelling at Boylan after that awful three pointer in overtime?

Yeah, mentioned it earlier in the thread. Has me hopeful.
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach
And1: 53

Post#160 » by cellomac1212 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:38 pm

Yall had that game won. All you had to do was foul Deron when there was like 3 seconds left on the clock and he wasn't looking to shoot. I'm screaming "foul him, foul him!!!" as soon as he made the pass I Knew that game was going to OT... You can blame the players or refs, but smart coaching would of got yall a win (if you hit the free throws)...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks