Lebron James
22%

Total votes: 69

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,659

Re: OT | Lebron vs Jordan (poll) 

Post#81 » by AussieBuck » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:32 pm

emunney wrote:I don't want to put down Durant, he's great without question, but is he even the 2nd best player in the league right now? Paul's got a pretty strong argument too.

I think Paul's in the same tier as they say on the general board. But yeah Lebron's on his own. Durant was catching up when it 65TS% to 60 but Lebron looks like he's making a point of catching up now. How cool is an efficiency scoring race? :D
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,712

Post#82 » by Ayt » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:35 am

It is no knock on Durant that LeBron is better. That is just the way it is.

LeBron is a machine.
Sherman Douglas
Veteran
And1: 1,467

Post#83 » by Sherman Douglas » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:36 am

The "6 rings" argument is beyond stupid. It's a team sport. Jordan never won a championship by himself and no, he sure as hell would not have won 6 without Scottie Pippen (the guy who led that team to 55 wins when Jordan decided to go on hiatus).
Sherman Douglas
Veteran
And1: 1,467

Post#84 » by Sherman Douglas » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:41 am

And yes, 1-on-1 LeBron would **** on Jordan. I don't think that should determine the argument since you should judge guys by the era they played in, but LeBron is a kind of athlete that Michael Jordan never would have faced in his day.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,712

Post#85 » by Ayt » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 am

How many players in the history of the league have been asked to do as much as LeBron is asked to do on both ends of the court for Miami? The offense runs through him. He is the Miami offense. Even with Wade and Bosh on the team, LeBron is the playmaker. Wade and Bosh are both excellent offensive players, but it would be moronic to not run the offense through LeBron because he's an historically great player as an offensive playmaker. How many PGs in the history of the sport would you rather have running your offense than LeBron when you factor in how well LeBron can score for himself? Anyone? Magic and MJ are the only two that have an argument.

Defensively, he's asked to both lock down elite offensive players one on one while also playing elite team defense off the ball. I think LeBron deserves the DPOY this year. The entire Miami defensive system is built around what LeBron can do defensively.

As great as Wade and Bosh may be, the entire concept of the Heat would fall apart without LeBron. Their entire team is built around his abilities. I think that is the main testament to how great LeBron is as a player. Wade is a phenomenal player. Bosh is a stud player. Still, the entire team revolves around LeBron because he is clearly better than even HOF level players like Wade.
branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 28

Post#86 » by branny » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:24 am

AussieBuck wrote:Lebron is much better, Jordan is old as ****. Can we at least have some context here? What are you asking nebs?

:lol: :lol:
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#87 » by jerrod » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:27 pm

Wooderson wrote:
If you have to compare them now, you really should only consider Jordan's career up to age 28 - in which case I think they're pretty neck and neck. Jordan's next 5 seasons were unbelievable though, so LeBron would have to play as well as he has this year for at least that long, especially in the playoffs, to keep up with MJ.

this is exactly how i see it
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#88 » by Wise1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:38 pm

But when you compare the players and the league that Jordan played against/in up to age 28 versus the players and league Lebron has played against/in...that point is moot.

I think we are seeing Lebron at his physical best right now. He's a man finally and letting everyone know it. He easily muscles past guys like Ron World Peace now. He'll keep Durant at a distant second until KD hits his "man" prime. There's no question that Lebron is now the best player on the planet. He has everything working for him. He's prime Lebron. We'll see how long it lasts.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#89 » by jeremyd236 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:36 pm

Sherman Douglas wrote:And yes, 1-on-1 LeBron would **** on Jordan.

Umm....what? Do you mean 50-year old Jordan? Because I could see that.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 942

Post#90 » by Lippo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:56 pm

LBJ has more talent, but MJ's willingness to slit his grandmothers throat for a win puts him over the top.

And Yes LBJ would destroy MJ in 1 on 1 in their primes .. hes just too big. He would just back him down under the hoop over and over. LBJ is Karl Malone with Magic's handle and Jordan Athletism.

Dominique Wilkins for top 50 Club .....
over Pippen/Worthy/Bing/Arizin/Cowens/DeBusschere/Gervin/Jones/Lucus/Shayes
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#91 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Anybody catch Flip Saunders's MJ story on Mike and Mike this morning? I thought it was hilarious.

So when the Timberwolves beat the Bulls in Chicago for the first time since MJ was there, they had just called up Darrick Martin from the CBA to play PG in the game. After the they beat the Bulls, Darrick Martin was doing a lot of trash talking to MJ and the rest of the Bulls. The following week Chicago traveled to Minnesota to play the Timberwolves again. From the very start MJ picked up Darrick Martin and relentlessly defended him all 94 ft up the court. After the first 5 minutes of the game Flip had to pull Martin because he wasn't able to get the ball up the court with MJ defending him. After Flip pulled Martin, MJ walked over to the Timberwolves' bench and said "I knew I could send him back to the CBA, I just didn't know I could do it in the first half." :lol: :lol: :lol:
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Post#92 » by emunney » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:13 pm

I don't know if a worse player than Darrick Martin has ever had a career as long as his was. That guy just skated from the end of one terrible team's bench to the next.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 74

Post#93 » by gbmb34 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:29 pm

DocHoliday wrote:Image

Marques Johnson poster on the wall in MJ's dorm room

I actually lived in the same suite as Jordan when I was at UNC. #humblebrag
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com

Return to Milwaukee Bucks