ImageImageImageImage

Dwightmare lives on in LA!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Chris1
Senior
And1: 41

Re: Dwightmare lives on in LA! 

Post#481 » by Chris1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:49 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Chris1 wrote:
I have a hard time believing Dwight could get back to the Finals again, I feel he was a product of the SVG system where he needed spot up shooters to be effective. When the Pistons, Lakers, Celtics, and Hawks all played him 1 on 1, he lost. If you noticed in most of the games he's p,layed this season so far with the Lakers he has been played 1 on 1, which is why he's more inconsistent than ever now.

The difference between Shaq and Dwight is that Shaq could have less than 10 points in the 1st half and still end up with 30 at the end of the game. With Dwight if he's ineffective in the 1st half, he's usually ineffective in the 2nd half as well, he can't take a game over on his own.

But, Dwight, like Ben Wallace, can effect the game with their defense. Once committed and healthy, Dwight can be the best defensive Center in the league.

Ben Wallace wasn't a whiner.

And I think when Dwight goes up against a team that can guard him well his defense ends up not mattering down the stretch. For example teams like the Lakers, Pistons, and Celtics clearly were unfazed by his defense because they were great defensively themselves and were able to get in Dwight's head, which obviously is very easy to do. The Hawks didn't have anyone to guard him in the 2011 playoffs but it ended up not mattering because they stayed on the outside shooters.

It's one thing for Dwight to show up defensively when the rest of the team is playing well, but what about when the team isn't playing well? From what I'm seen from Dwight both this season and when he was in Orlando is that he usually vanishes even on defense when the team trails by a wide margin.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#482 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:42 pm

They were able to stay on our shooters because Dwight allowed Jason Freaking Collins and Zaza to punk him. When you get punked by Jason Collins you got some issues.....
aka: prorl
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#483 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:58 pm

Think about it. Once D'Antoni is fired at the end of the season, Dwight will have gotten (3) Coaches fired, killed one historic owner and almost killed Devos! (Devos had a heart attack within week of trade due to broken heart)

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#484 » by Versubio » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:34 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Think about it. Once D'Antoni is fired at the end of the season, Dwight will have gotten (3) Coaches fired, killed one historic owner and almost killed Devos! (Devos had a heart attack within week of trade due to broken heart)

4 coaches, don't forget Brian Hill.
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#485 » by BaunceyChillups » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:They were able to stay on our shooters because Dwight allowed Jason Freaking Collins and Zaza to punk him. When you get punked by Jason Collins you got some issues.....

Dwight averaged like 27 PPG that series. It was the rest of the team that was garbage, Kirk Hinrich completely locked up Jameer and Hedo and J-Rich couldn't make wide open jumpers.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#486 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Versubio wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Think about it. Once D'Antoni is fired at the end of the season, Dwight will have gotten (3) Coaches fired, killed one historic owner and almost killed Devos! (Devos had a heart attack within week of trade due to broken heart)

You are Correct.

What I meant to say is that Dwight would have accomplish what I posted with ONE YEARS TIME!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#487 » by Versubio » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:30 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Versubio wrote:

You are Correct.

What I meant to say is that Dwight would have accomplish what I posted with ONE YEARS TIME!!!

Amazing stuff indeed. Dude is a team cancer.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,113

Post#488 » by Def Swami » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:22 pm

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
Despite an assurance otherwise, league sources still believe the L.A. Lakers will consider trading Dwight Howard: http://tinyurl.com/ajdzaqr
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#489 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:26 pm

Oh snap! Anyone watching Mike n Mike right now. SAS just said that Poppovich went off on Dwight at the All-Star game and was yelling expletives at him during the game!!!!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,528

Post#490 » by Furinkazan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:31 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:Every game that goes by, I feel more and more like Dwight is going to bounce in the offseason. I think it's noticeable now how much Kobe and Dwight dislike each other.

well the question is
is he ready for 2 more seasons with kobe as his boss ?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#491 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:11 pm

SAS says there is a 25% chance Dwight is traded.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#492 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:17 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Oh snap! Anyone watching Mike n Mike right now. SAS just said that Poppovich went off on Dwight at the All-Star game and was yelling expletives at him during the game!!!!!!

I am not surprised. Dwight has the mental capacity of a 12 year old.

mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#493 » by mhectorgato » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:31 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Oh snap! Anyone watching Mike n Mike right now. SAS just said that Poppovich went off on Dwight at the All-Star game and was yelling expletives at him during the game!!!!!!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... During-ASG

Gregg Popovich reportedly yelled several curse words at Dwight Howard during Sunday's All-Star Game, according to sources.

Popovich drew up a play for Howard during a timeout, but he was in his warmups not paying attention and socializing.

Howard's lack of focus has been alluded to by Kobe Bryant and others during his tenure with the Los Angeles Lakers.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#494 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:44 pm

mhectorgato wrote:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226232/Popovich-Cursed-Out-Howard-During-ASG

Yep, I inspired RealGM to put that up there. 8-)

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#495 » by OrlandO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:01 pm

mhectorgato wrote:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... During-ASG

Gregg Popovich reportedly yelled several curse words at Dwight Howard during Sunday's All-Star Game, according to sources.

Popovich drew up a play for Howard during a timeout, but he was in his warmups not paying attention and socializing.

Howard's lack of focus has been alluded to by Kobe Bryant and others during his tenure with the Los Angeles Lakers.

:lol: I think the coaches were mic'd for the whole game, so I bet there's audio of it somewhere... hope someone leaks it.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#496 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:18 pm

Finding a way for a HOF coach to yell at you and bench you during the meaningless all star game is pretty damm impressive. Dwight keeps reaching milestones. He just finds new ways to top himself when it looks like its impossible. :lol:
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#497 » by rcklsscognition » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:01 pm

Man, that is too funny. Why the heck would the lakers even want that guy? He is a loser.
JT3000
Bench Warmer
And1: 191

Post#498 » by JT3000 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:16 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:SAS says there is a 25% chance Dwight is traded.

He also has a .25% chance of being accurate (as always.)
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#499 » by Hilltop » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Unbelievable. Dwight just keeps making it easier and easier to be a scorned Magic fan.

My worst nightmare was that Dwight would have a career year, destroy the Magic the way LeBron did the Cavaliers in their reunion, and cruise to the Playoffs (and eventually, an NBA championship). So far, none of that has happened. He is nowhere close to turning those fears into a reality.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#500 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:23 pm

Hilltop wrote:Unbelievable. Dwight just keeps making it easier and easier to be a scorned Magic fan.

My worst nightmare was that Dwight would have a career year, destroy the Magic the way LeBron did the Cavaliers in their reunion, and cruise to the Playoffs (and eventually, an NBA championship). So far, none of that has happened. He is nowhere close to turning those fears into a reality.

The best part of this experience for Dwight in trying to force success is that it didn't happen. Because, if it did like in Miami, then players like Durant would probably would be more inclined to move also.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic