ImageImage

CBS: Deal on the table: LRMAM, 1st for Redick.

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Re: CBS: Deal on the table: LRMAM, 1st for Redick. 

Post#441 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:18 pm

Orlando fans are probably just as delusional JJ Redick btw, reading their trade speculation thread. They seriously think they get 1sts and young players for 3 months of Redick. I think I saw Evan Turner + a 1st. Most aren't even happy with Moute + a 1st. They are even worse than the Monta GSW fans.
FREE GIANNIS
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#442 » by emunney » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:21 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:This is why "expirings" are so overrated. You aren't JUST paying for a rental (with a solid draft pick), you are essentially committing to paying free agency money in the future. I would love to have Redick shooting corner 3s for the Bucks but not for 10 damn million dollars a year. ON TOP OF OUR FIRST.

Huh? Expiring contracts have value to teams who want to shed salary in the following year -- they have value expressly because the team that wants them will not be committed to paying them beyond that year. Since that's not why we'd be getting Redick, nobody is trumpeting his expiring contract as added value.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#443 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:53 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nb ... e/1932729/

The Bucks are active. General manager John Hammond plays the laid-back, gee-shucks Midwesterner. But he likes the trade game. He has shown an interest in Orlando Magic shooting guard J.J. Redick, but the Magic are not enamored yet with anything the Bucks have offered.

Bucks forward Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is one option, but Orlando does not like his contract.
But the Magic aren't interested in the remainder of Mbah a Moute's contract – two years, $8.97 million. There is also interest around the league in Bucks center Ekpe Udoh, who is still on his rookie deal.

The Magic have wanted to know Redick's future price. Hoping for a hometown discount, Orlando is not willing to pay much above what he makes now ($6.19 million this season), and Redick wants a significant raise – close to $10 million a season. Orlando continues to take calls on Redick's availability, and the Magic are looking for at least a first-round pick.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#444 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:54 pm

They seriously want more than Moute and a 1st. Is there another player more overrated than JJ Redick? It's like he's at Duke all over again. I honestly cannot believe this is even being discussed, the guy is not a starter in this league and he's nearing 30 AND he's an UFA.
FREE GIANNIS
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,579

Post#445 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:05 pm

I read that as they want a first round pick - not a player AND a first round pick.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#446 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:17 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:I read that as they want a first round pick - not a player AND a first round pick.

Redick makes 6+mil they have to take a player back, what they want is a pick and an expiring contract
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,142

Post#447 » by JEIS » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:24 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:I read that as they want a first round pick - not a player AND a first round pick.

Redick makes 6+mil they have to take a player back, what they want is a pick and an expiring contract

Fat Sam and a pick?
Beno and a Pick?
MJD and Przy and a pick?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#448 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:25 pm

I don't understand why Afflalo's name doesn't come up unless the Magic consider it a non starter.

Would much rather overpay for him. Bigger, more athletic, under contract.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#449 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:28 pm

JayMKE wrote:They seriously want more than Moute and a 1st. Is there another player more overrated than JJ Redick? It's like he's at Duke all over again. I honestly cannot believe this is even being discussed, the guy is not a starter in this league and he's nearing 30 AND he's an UFA.

I feel like you're underrating Redick a lot more than people are overrating him.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#450 » by RandyBreuer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:34 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I don't understand why Afflalo's name doesn't come up unless the Magic consider it a non starter.

Agreed, I think the Magic should trade both as well as Nelson. Get the most ping pong balls and have the most cap room. Orlando can win in free agency where as we can't. Fresh from the Magic board...

VGOSWAMI wrote:
OT but cool. One of the very few times Afflalo tweets something that makes sense.
@arronafflalo
i have the best teammates ..... all 14 of em

I hope it was them all wishing him a farewell
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#451 » by mcfromage » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Where is this Klay Thompson stuff coming from? Seems foolish of GSW to dangle him.
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#452 » by step3profit » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:43 pm

mcfromage wrote:Where is this Klay Thompson stuff coming from? Seems foolish of GSW to dangle him.

I'm not sure about Klay any more. I have watched him several times this season and he's not been impressing me. I don't like his D, he doesn't really seem to anticipate plays very well on offense or defense.. he does, of course, shoot the hell out of the ball, but it seems that is all he does, and even then, his percentage isn't great. I really get the 'sitting around waiting for my turn to shoot and be a star' vibe from him over the 10ish games I've watched.

I wouldn't give a ton for him.. a mid first, sure, or a guy like LRMAM.. but not both.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,354

Post#453 » by M-C-G » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:45 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I don't understand why Afflalo's name doesn't come up unless the Magic consider it a non starter.

This is what I don't get. You have the Bucks looking at Reddick, and the fans want Affalo, or you can basically just get a slightly less equivalent for much cheaper, and younger in the offseason. Anthony Morrow is the guy we should be targeting. Him and Dunleavy give us a nice combo next year, and my guess is that both will outperform their contracts assuming Dun signs something similar to two years ago.

<EDIT> I give up trying to paste the tables in. Check this link http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... 01&y3=2013

Affalo and Reddick are better playmakers, but I don't think we need Morrow to do that for us. And I can only assume Morrow is the least capable defensively of the group, but I think he would be a team upgrade over Ellis D.
JHSFIVE
Starter
And1: 214

Post#454 » by JHSFIVE » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:47 pm

yeah i dont get that either
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#455 » by step3profit » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:49 pm

Also not sure about the Morrow love we are seeing around here. He's never been more than a part time starter on a bad team, and even that role, he would lose out to other players who eventually start in front of him.

The grass is always greener, especially when your starting 2 shoots under 30% from 3, but let's not get too wacky here.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,354

Post#456 » by M-C-G » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:01 pm

The point with Morrow is he won't cost you a first round pick, he won't even cost you Moute and he has shown that he can be an efficient scorer when starting. You would be banking on his drop off coming from the system in NJ when they drafted Brooks and gave him 29 minutes a game. And then you have to bank on the drop off in Atlanta was being hurt.

If he returns to form, you have a Dunleavy esque shooter, that won't cost that much. I mean his TS% his first three years; 59%, 60% 57%....since 53%, 53% and his 3PT%, 47%, 46%, 42%, 37%, 40%

I'm just saying it is worth the risk over paying for Reddick at 10M or Ellis at 11M.

The real guy I want is Danny Green, if we are looking for a young SG that is efficient and could break out with a bigger role.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#457 » by ampd » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:15 pm

step3profit wrote:Also not sure about the Morrow love we are seeing around here. He's never been more than a part time starter on a bad team, and even that role, he would lose out to other players who eventually start in front of him.

The grass is always greener, especially when your starting 2 shoots under 30% from 3, but let's not get too wacky here.

I don't want Morrow in order to start him. We lack guys than can shoot the 3 and he is a .425 career 3 point shooter. He is also decent off screens. We have exactly 1 guy who is any good at those things. Having 2 would allow us to play some more versatile lineups, and also provide a little insurance against injury/ineffectiveness.
NerfBaller
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#458 » by NerfBaller » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:27 pm

I just posted this in the Smith thread:

Lance Allan ‏@lanceallan

On @Bucks trade rumors front, hearing Josh Smith is long shot & J.J. Redick talks are over. #Bucks reluctant to trade 1st round pick #Bucks
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#459 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:31 pm

How exactly is Redick SO much better than Morrow? Morrow isn't play much this year but he's every bit the spot up shooter Redick is and at the fraction of the price.
FREE GIANNIS
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,722

Post#460 » by Ayt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:41 pm

JayMKE wrote:How exactly is Redick SO much better than Morrow? Morrow isn't play much this year but he's every bit the spot up shooter Redick is and at the fraction of the price.

Redick is more than just a spot up shooter. It is like you've never seen him play.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks