ImageImage

CBS: Deal on the table: LRMAM, 1st for Redick.

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Re: CBS: Deal on the table: LRMAM, 1st for Redick. 

Post#461 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:46 pm

a spot up shooter than can pass okay

Morrow is much bigger and longer tho, I'd much rather have him on the cheap than Redick at $10 mil
FREE GIANNIS
Wiscfan92
Starter
And1: 206

Post#462 » by Wiscfan92 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Redick is high as hell if he thinks he deserves $10m a year. That report made me laugh
Play your role till your role change. Pay your dues till your dues paid.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#463 » by James1980 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:49 pm

I agree with PP, I'd trade Moute and a first for Afflalo, but not Redick.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
Godgers
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#464 » by Godgers » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:51 pm

I dont want to give up a 1st for Redick because its pointless since we have such a **** team and will get swept in the 1st round of the playoffs if we even make it as a 8th seed.

That being said its amazing how little some people know yet they post away crap on the forums. Why dont you take the time of 5 minutes and go watch some youtube video of Redick this season. Get a sense of his game. Than come back and post.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,726

Post#465 » by Ayt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:55 pm

People. Redick isn't going to get paid 10M. He'll likely get around 7M. 3 years, 21M would be my guess.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#466 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Ayt wrote:People. Redick isn't going to get paid 10M. He'll likely get around 7M. 3 years, 21M would be my guess.

At worst I'd bet he gets the full MLE, but I'd bet he gets more from some team.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Post#467 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Ayt wrote:People. Redick isn't going to get paid 10M. He'll likely get around 7M. 3 years, 21M would be my guess.

He's getting paid 6 mil right now, I can see how he thinks he'll get 10. 7 is on the low end and who does Milwaukee sign on the low end?
FREE GIANNIS
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#468 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:05 pm

Ersan Ilyasova, Mike Dunleavy, LRMAM.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#469 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:14 pm

You would think Moute & 1st would be interesting to the Clippers for Bledsoe.

That's a deal I'd have no problem giving up a 1st.

Moute would be a great asset for that team.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#470 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:30 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:You would think Moute & 1st would be interesting to the Clippers for Bledsoe.

Moute, Dunleavy, Dalembert, Udrih, Udoh, 1st, they can have their pick of any of those player(s)+pick combo if we get Bledsoe+ back.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Post#471 » by Frank Nova » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:51 pm

My question for Moute is why would u go under a double screen and leave the 3pt line deserted for Joe Johnson to catch the ball and get a wide open look to tie the game?

All he had to do was beat Joe Johnson to the top of the key and play the passing lane and not chase him around a double screen like a lost puppy. For an "elite" defender, he sure made a high school mistake that essentially cost us the game.

I seriously can't stomach Moute on this team at all. It's funny how he gets praised on this board so much but teams won't trade for him because he's owed a lousy 8mil over the next 2 seasons and it seems that the consensus around the league is that he's not even worth that.

He got praised 1 time over 2 years ago by Kevin Durant and it's like no one can except the fact he's horribly overrated as a defender and has less offensive skill than most bench warmers in the league.

Now don't get me wrong, he is a tenacious defender because he's strong and plays physical and makes people work for their offense but he still can't stop any elite offensive players from out scoring him by 20+ points and that's a huge net negative asset to any team.

How could he help the Clippers at all besides as a towel waiver on the bench? They already have someone twice as talented and just as good as a defender in Matt Barnes to play that role and the aging Caron Butler is still more of an asset to a winning team then Moute could ever be.

Moute is stuck here because we didn't let him walk like we should've and he, like Jennings, has made little to no progress throughout their careers since their rookie seasons. They are both just as good now as they were then.

The love for Moute seriously needs to be muffled something serious because its no coincedence that few ppl on this board are the ONLY ppl that see him as anything valuable.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#472 » by emunney » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:04 pm

weezybaby856 wrote:Now don't get me wrong, he is a tenacious defender because he's strong and plays physical and makes people work for their offense but he still can't stop any elite offensive players from out scoring him by 20+ points and that's a huge net negative asset to any team.

You're thinking about this as if basketball is just 5 games of one on one added together. It's not.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#473 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:23 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:You would think Moute & 1st would be interesting to the Clippers for Bledsoe.

I truly don't think you could get Bledsoe's shoes for that package.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#474 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:00 am

Grantland makes a case for Dudley and Redick, with Milwaukee in mind:

J.J. Redick

Contract status after 2013: free agent
Possible landing spots: Denver, Utah, Indiana, Chicago, Milwaukee

Describing Redick as “just” a shooter overlooks the fact that his game has expanded by leaps and bounds since entering the league in 2006. For a destitute Orlando team lacking much in the way of playmakers this year, the former Duke guard has averaged a career-high 4.4 assists.

His ability to hit the pocket pass curling off screens or find his teammates out of pick-and-rolls is just the newest evolution to Redick’s game. Already much improved as a defender, Redick can now shoot off screens or after spotting up, run pick-and-rolls, and even handle the point guard spot in a pinch. Redick has raised his game to a point where he could be a full-time starter for a contending team if he’s paired with a bigger point guard (like Chicago’s Derrick Rose) with whom he can cross-match defensively.

His skill set and production make him a natural fit for quite a few teams, the most interesting being Denver. The Nuggets could sorely use his outside shooting, and his acquisition would lock the team into a deep and versatile nine-man rotation. One sticking point is that Redick lacks the handle to thrive in the Nuggets' dribble-drive system, but George Karl could tweak his offense a bit (or even just include a new set play or two) to accommodate a player who would make his Denver team far more dangerous.

Jared Dudley

Contract status: three years, $16.75 million
Possible landing spots: San Antonio, Atlanta, Milwaukee

When it comes to the ratio of dollars to production, Dudley might be the best bargain in the league. The Phoenix wing has a career shooting percentage of 40.4 and is in the midst of a third straight campaign with a PER above league average (15.11). His greatest skill, however, might be in the shots Dudley doesn’t take. The versatile forward never plays outside his strengths, which is the primary reason he’s been incredibly efficient despite limited athleticism. Add in his energy and solid defensive chops, and Dudley could be a major acquisition for one of the league’s contenders.

Because he’s locked into such a great deal, Dudley might not come cheap for teams looking to bring him in before Thursday’s deadline. But for a team like Milwaukee, which has struggled all season to find a reliable combination of shooting and defense, Dudley would be a godsend. He could step into the starting lineup right away at the 3 and help unlock the floor for the Bucks' shot-happy backcourt of Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis. Dudley doesn’t exactly make the Bucks a title contender, but he’s an upgrade they could certainly use.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#475 » by paul » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:08 am

HurricaneKid wrote:

I think Bledsoe has gone from off the radar underrated to heavily overrated in the space of 6 months.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#476 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:11 am

paul wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:

I think Bledsoe has gone from off the radar underrated to heavily overrated in the space of 6 months.

:nod:
Do it for Chuck
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Post#477 » by Frank Nova » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:13 am

emunney wrote:
weezybaby856 wrote:Now don't get me wrong, he is a tenacious defender because he's strong and plays physical and makes people work for their offense but he still can't stop any elite offensive players from out scoring him by 20+ points and that's a huge net negative asset to any team.

You're thinking about this as if basketball is just 5 games of one on one added together. It's not.

No I'm not at all. Can u make a case that Moute is helpful in any 5 on 5 situation? Because I sure cant. Moutes only real value is his man to man defensive ability because he has the willingness to defend. That's it. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that consist as a 1 on 1 attribute?

And let's not get started on the offensive end because in terms of "team" 5 on 5 basketball we basically have to play every possession 4 on 5 because Moutes disgusting offensive game doesn't even need to be accounted for as his man leaves him open so they are able to stop penetration and clog the paint.

It's no wonder why Monta and Brandon are forced to settle for so many jumpshots because Ersan is the only 1 that spreads the floor to open up any space and that becomes null in void because Moutes man can just sag 5 feet off him and help guard the paint. Even Larry is smart enough to drift away from the hoop from time to time just to create space in the middle.

Moute is a negative asset while he's on the floor because his defense doesn't come close to making up for his offense or lack there of I should say. So if we can't talk about Moutes 1 on 1 skill then there really isn't anything to talk about with him.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#478 » by CanadaBucks » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:20 am

paul wrote:

Agreed.....One of those "So underrated he's overrated' guys
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#479 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:49 am

CanadaBucks wrote:
paul wrote:

Yeah, that happens to underrated guys all the time. The only truly underrated player in my lifetime who stayed underrated basically his whole career is probably Andre Miller. For some reason that guy never gets the credit he deserves.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#480 » by step3profit » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:03 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:
paul wrote:

Yeah, that happens to underrated guys all the time. The only truly underrated player in my lifetime who stayed underrated basically his whole career is probably Andre Miller. For some reason that guy never gets the credit he deserves.

He is New Derek Harper.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks