ImageImageImageImageImage

when pau gets back....

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

therobg125
Banned User
And1: 1

when pau gets back.... 

Post#1 » by therobg125 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:37 pm

does he play better or worse than pre injury? does he play with some passion finally? this hopefully being his wake up call and all.....how do you think pau does after recovering?
BlackBerry
Banned User
And1: 3

Re: when pau gets back.... 

Post#2 » by BlackBerry » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:00 pm

As long he is coming off the bench expect the same old pau. I do hope this injury brings up his spirits and that he plays how he did in 09/2010 season. So this way the NBA fans can get what they want Kobe vs LeBron in the finals. (Spo vs D'Antoni: ROFL)
Kobean
Senior
And1: 27

Post#3 » by Kobean » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:11 pm

If Dwight is traded then Pau will start at center and I think he will play great but if we keep Howard till the end of the season then he will keep his bench role and be miserable.
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#4 » by Jetset » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:27 pm

We have to win roughly around 20 of the next 28 games in order to secure a playoff spot. Pau will come back the first or second week in April, at that point there would only be about 5 games left of the regular season. You do the math, does it make sense for Pau to come back at all?
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#5 » by AcecardZ » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Pau will be better when he returns if the reason for his poor play in the first place was related to his bad feet. If it was related to him being upset with MDA or anything else then he may continue to struggle. Prior to the tear it appears Pau had been playing with pain most of the season. If the foot heals completely he should return as good as new in which case we could be very dangerous come playoff time.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
therobg125
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#6 » by therobg125 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:41 pm

hmm...soo if we are in position towards seaon's end to make the playoffs, and pau recovers from the tear...then it could possibly be a blessing in disguise....never thought of it that way ace...
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#7 » by AcecardZ » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:03 pm

therobg125 wrote:hmm...soo if we are in position towards seaon's end to make the playoffs, and pau recovers from the tear...then it could possibly be a blessing in disguise....never thought of it that way ace...

I know it's a bit of a stretch but with Buss shining down on this team from above I'm going to look for reasons to believe! :)
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
BlackBerry
Banned User

Post#8 » by BlackBerry » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:14 pm

Damn your saying Lakers need to win 20 of the next 25 games? I am a heat fan and I can't expect to win that ratio. I mean its doable if the tried but every now and then they'll lose games. I mean common Washington beat Heat and OKC. That just show you losses can happen to any major team. Now if 5 of those happen, it's over for LALakers
Jetset
RealGM

Post#9 » by Jetset » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:01 pm

BlackBerry wrote:Damn your saying Lakers need to win 20 of the next 25 games? I am a heat fan and I can't expect to win that ratio. I mean its doable if the tried but every now and then they'll lose games. I mean common Washington beat Heat and OKC. That just show you losses can happen to any major team. Now if 5 of those happen, it's over for LALakers

There's 28 games left. As it's projected right now we need to win 20+ games and have losses in the single digits the rest of the way. Gasol is out until the first week of April at the least, if he even comes back at all. Hill is done for the season, Howard isn't healthy, there is no bench, there is no chemistry.

And I still see people talking about the playoffs. People had better start preparing for a short season now, that's all I got to say.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#10 » by Slava » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:07 pm

This bro-science needs to stop, we have like the 3rd easiest SOS for the remainder of the season and the 2 teams with the top 2 worst are Blazers & Jazz.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nba/westernsosrg.html

In all likelihood if we keep playing decently well, we will get the 8th seed behind Houston.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Post#11 » by ctorres » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:12 pm

When is Pau supposed to get back?

Knicks fan here, I come in peace!
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Post#12 » by ctorres » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:12 pm

When is Pau supposed to get back?

Jetset
RealGM

Post#13 » by Jetset » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:21 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:This bro-science needs to stop, we have like the 3rd easiest SOS for the remainder of the season and the 2 teams with the top 2 worst are Blazers & Jazz.

In all likelihood if we keep playing decently well, we will get the 8th seed behind Houston.

If you've got a problem with the bro-science then log into your native email client and take it up with espn because they're ones who've figured it up to be that much. But what I will say is that if it's anything this team has shown, it's that you can't calculate this team with percentages and averages because if you could then we obviously wouldn't be in position to miss the playoffs now would we? That doesn't bode well, and a massive winning streak is needed to safely secure a playoff spot regardless.

And just how many games have we played "decently well" since Pau went out anyway? We lost by 19 points to Boston, trailed much of the game against Charlotte until they choked it away, lost to Miami, beat Phoenix by 6 points; another game we for all purposes should've lost yet won, and lost by 24 points to the Clippers. That aint getting it done and Pau's going to miss our next 20 odd games at least. God have mercy on your soul if you believe we can make a comeback.

ctorres wrote:When is Pau supposed to get back?

Some time in April.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Slava » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 pm

destro wrote:
SlavaMedvedenko wrote:This bro-science needs to stop, we have like the 3rd easiest SOS for the remainder of the season and the 2 teams with the top 2 worst are Blazers & Jazz.

If you've got a problem with the bro-science then log into your native email client and take it up with espn because they're ones who've figured it up to be that much. But what I will say is that if it's anything this team has shown, it's that you can't calculate this team with percentages and averages because if you could then we obviously wouldn't be in position to miss the playoffs now would we? That doesn't bode well, and a massive winning streak is needed to safely secure a playoff spot regardless.

And just how many games have we played "decently well" since Pau went out anyway? We lost by 19 points to Boston, trailed much of the game against Charlotte until they choked it away, lost to Miami, beat Phoenix by 6 points; another game we for all purposes should've lost yet won, and lost by 24 points to the Clippers. That aint getting it done and Pau's going to miss our next 20 odd games at least. God have mercy on your soul if you believe we can make a comeback.

The best prediction I can make is with relative SOS of all 4 teams that can make the playoffs and if anything its going to come to a point of whichever team sucks the least will likely get in and if it comes to that I think we have a relatively easier time to keep floating than Jazz or Blazers.

This is while not taking into account any key injuries that can happen to the other teams, like a single bad injury stretch for Harden or Curry can pretty much mean one of those teams will come crashing down.
rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Post#15 » by rand0m » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:06 am

Slava, do you know if playoffstatus.com playoff probabilities take SOS into account? Our odds are horrible:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nba/westernstandings.html

Even though Utah has a harder schedule, they have a considerably lead on us. To hit 45 wins they only need to go 14-13 the rest of the way vs our 21-7 to get to 46 (they own the tiebreaker?).
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,466

Post#16 » by dockingsched » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:28 am

i think this would be a good potential pick up while pau is out

Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN

Suns have to make roster move to make room for Morris deal. Teams have been expecting a Jermaine O'Neal buyout/release if not traded.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Slava » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:18 am

rand0m wrote:Slava, do you know if playoffstatus.com playoff probabilities take SOS into account? Our odds are horrible:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nba/westernstandings.html

Even though Utah has a harder schedule, they have a considerably lead on us. To hit 45 wins they only need to go 14-13 the rest of the way vs our 21-7 to get to 46 (they own the tiebreaker?).

I'd think so. Otherwise the probability would not make much sense but I don;t think it accounts for injuries and stuff, which is what we are banking on.
BlackBerry
Banned User

Post#18 » by BlackBerry » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:21 am

To sum it up. We need teams like Portland and Huston to start losing. Even Golden State, but i think they pretty much will be in the playoffs.
KevinUrb
Sophomore

Post#19 » by KevinUrb » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:57 pm

dockingsched wrote:i think this would be a good potential pick up while pau is out

Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN

Suns have to make roster move to make room for Morris deal. Teams have been expecting a Jermaine O'Neal buyout/release if not traded.

That will give us an old 3 of the 96' draft class in Kobe/Nash/Oneil to battle the big 3 of he 03' draft class of the Heat Lebron/Dwade/Bosh :lol:
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Slava » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:01 pm

BlackBerry wrote:To sum it up. We need teams like Portland and Huston to start losing. Even Golden State, but i think they pretty much will be in the playoffs.

Barring an injury, I can see Golden State & Utah losing more than Houston do. Portland should be firmly in the rear view mirror.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers