Predict what the Bucks ACTUALLY do at the trade deadline

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Re: Predict what the Bucks ACTUALLY do at the trade deadline 

Post#181 » by jr lucosa » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm

I have a feeling we see a string of trades, maybe 2 or 3, or nothing gets done. With the way this is shaping up It feels like every possible move is dependent on something else.
DWagner85
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#182 » by DWagner85 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm

If the Bucks were to add Josh Smith without having to deal Jennings, they will rise as high as 4th in the East. I am not scared of anything I see in Boston, Atlanta, or Brooklyn, and word is spreading faster and faster that the Bulls are going to make big changes by dealing Boozer and Hamilton. If Rose does not come back, we should pass the Bulls as well leaving only the Heat, Knicks, and Pacers ahead of us. No chance we catch the Heat or Knicks, but I think we can give the Pacers a run for their money, we play them again, and are only 5 games back.

So lets all please stop acting like this year is the same as others, when we are 9 games under .500 and are trying to live a pipe dream and get the 8th seed. A win now move does way more then the 8th seed for this Bucks team.
DWagner85
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#183 » by DWagner85 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:34 pm

jeremyd236 wrote:Hammond is not dumb enough to have Jennings, Ellis, and Smith on the same team. I don't get why you guys continue to involve scenarios in which Jennings stays and is resigned for $10m/year, etc. He has to go, and I think it's Hammond's main priority.

The question is, if not Jennings, who, sure his efficiency is bad, but he is still only .15 points per shot behind guys like Jrue Holiday, so as inefficient as Jennings is, he is much closer to other players then everyone here gives him credit for.

Is Jennings a star, HELL NO, but he is a proven 18 ppg .515 TS% , 6 apg player (apg are low this year sharing PG duties while on the court with Ellis, he realistically can get to around 7.5apg) and 2.0 spg player, which is far above the average PG in the league, and those PG's, such as Calderon are going to require near 10m themselves anyways.

Bottom line, if shooting is a players only major weakness, you hang on to that player, because shooting is one thing that you can improve year to year. Now, some of you are going to say his shot selection sucks, and up to this year, I would agree 100%, but this year, the only time I have seen him take bad shots is when he is really feeling it, and pulls a heat check 25 ft 3, making half of em, but the thing is, every other player in the league does this as well. And lets be real, if not Jennings or Ellis, then who, we have no true go to shooter, so say they chuck all you want, but I would much rather Jennings or Ellis, then Moute or any other player besides Mike D.

He is improving his shot selection, handling, and defense (guy is like an annoying nat) with his only other weakness being his lack of a big body so it is hard for him to fight through screens. Sanders helps mask that quite well, and if you had Josh Smith to pair with him, you would not even notice its an issue. At 10m per, that is a very good bargain price for a borderline All-Star PG.

Now Monta Ellis, I cannot defend him at all, bad shooters chucking up shots with 18 secs left on the clock are just bad IQ players.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,889

Post#184 » by BUCKnation » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:52 pm

jr lucosa wrote:I have a feeling we see a string of trades, maybe 2 or 3, or nothing gets done. With the way this is shaping up It feels like every possible move is dependent on something else.

Yeah, with a lot of these potential deals, especially the Smith one it would take another 2 to get the roster square.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Post#185 » by Frank Nova » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:43 am

After waiting to make my prediction until closer to the deadline, this is what I personally believe ACTUALLY goes down as the thread title suggested...

Trade 1 - Monta and Dalembert to Atlanta, Josh Smith and Anthony Morrow or Deshawn Stevenson to Milwaukee

Trade 2 - Mbah A Moute and 2013 1st round pick to Orlando, JJ Redick to Milwaukee

I believe the rumors are more concrete at this point and less conflicting than most say and all teams involved are just waiting until closer to 3pm Thursday to make them official.

This gives every team involved enough time to go through every option on the table before they realize they won't get better offers for what they want to get rid of and the fireworks start.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
pilprin
Pro Prospect
And1: 87

Post#186 » by pilprin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:49 pm

I predict we will be really close to making a trade, but nothing will get done.

Just a gut feeling that nothing is going to happen.
pilprin
Pro Prospect
And1: 87

Post#187 » by pilprin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:50 pm

jr lucosa wrote:I have a feeling we see a string of trades, maybe 2 or 3, or nothing gets done. With the way this is shaping up It feels like every possible move is dependent on something else.

This is why I think nothing will happen....however if one does....2 or 3 likely. I just fear the first one doesn't go down.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#188 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:58 pm

EDIT - Revoking my previous idea. New predictions.

Brandon will NOT be traded.

Trade #1:
Milwaukee Gets: Redick, Smith
Orlando Gets: Moute, Atlanta 2013 1st Rd Pick
Atlanta Gets: Ellis, Milwaukee 2013 2nd Rd Pick

Trade #2:
Dalembert is dealt for the best available pick.

Jennings/Udrih
Redick/Dunleavy
Smith/Dunleavy
Ersan/Udoh/Henson
Sanders/Smith/Henson
sneakerdust
Banned User
And1: 101

Post#189 » by sneakerdust » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:32 pm

Reading the tea leaves at this point I think this may happen in some form:

Out:
LRMAM
Ersan
2013 1st round

In: Josh Smith

Works straight up but not sure its that simple.

Edit w/ Stein info:

Ersan/Harris/Udrich/ 13 1st

Smith/Williams/Stevenson ?
bucknz
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#190 » by bucknz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:08 pm

Saw this in the trades & transactions thread... moute >>>mills, bonner, blair...from SAS
Nycballa2k
Bench Warmer
And1: 356

Post#191 » by Nycballa2k » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 pm

I really think the Bucks are in the best position we've been in years as far as having assets to make things happen. Here are some move I would look into because I think the other side would put serious consideration into it.

This is what I would do for my Bucks
Monta Ellis for Dudley, Brown and Markief Morris

Ilyasova and Dalembert to ATL for Josh Smith

Mbah a Moute to Denver for Wilson Chandler (with Doron Lamb as a potential sweetener if they don't bite.)

Final Bucks roster

Brandon Jennings/Beno Udrih
Jared Dudley/Dunleavy/Shannon Brown
Wilson Chandler/Dunleavy/Morris/Harris
Josh Smith/Henson/Morris
Larry Sanders/Ekpe Udoh

I think those trades get rid of our glaring hole, spreads our offense, strengthens our defense and gives Milwaukee the most exciting team they've had for a long while. Also I think most of the trades are doable.
Nycballa2k
Bench Warmer
And1: 356

Post#192 » by Nycballa2k » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 pm

I really think the Bucks are in the best position we've been in years as far as having assets to make things happen. Here are some move I would look into because I think the other side would put serious consideration into it.

This is what I would do for my Bucks
Monta Ellis for Dudley, Brown and Markief Morris

Ilyasova and Dalembert to ATL for Josh Smith

Mbah a Moute to Denver for Wilson Chandler (with Doron Lamb as a potential sweetener if they don't bite.)

Final Bucks roster

Brandon Jennings/Beno Udrih
Jared Dudley/Dunleavy/Shannon Brown
Wilson Chandler/Dunleavy/Morris/Harris
Josh Smith/Henson/Morris
Larry Sanders/Ekpe Udoh

I think those trades get rid of our glaring hole, spreads our offense, strengthens our defense and gives Milwaukee the most exciting team they've had for a long while. Also I think most of the trades are doable.
Godgers
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#193 » by Godgers » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Bucks should be trying to trade for Eric Bledsoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nexy123X3MA
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#194 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:38 pm

Godgers wrote:Bucks should be trying to trade for Eric Bledsoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nexy123X3MA

Bucks should be trying to do a lot of stuff they're not doing right now...
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#195 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:27 am

Stein said Bucks rejected Brooks/Hump for Ilyasova was rejected by MIlwaukee.

Brooklyn is pathetic.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#196 » by whatthe_buck!? » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:33 am

whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#197 » by whatthe_buck!? » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:33 am

I hope you're just pulling this right out of ur @ss and not basing it on those dubious and most likely completely bogus 'forum sources'. Doing the latter would definitely end up making u look incredibly naive and foolish...
sneakerdust
Banned User
And1: 101

Post#198 » by sneakerdust » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:48 am

whatthe_buck!? wrote:making u look incredibly naive and foolish...

Isnt that what this is all about? :falloff:
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#199 » by jtrinaldi » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:51 am

DrugBust wrote:Stein said Bucks rejected Brooks/Hump for Ilyasova was rejected by MIlwaukee.

Brooklyn is pathetic.

Yup, they gave lopez a 4/48 deal, only to look like fools trying to trade him for a real player worth that contract :lol:
not to mention Hump has a hefty player option for next year.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,431

Post#200 » by blazza18 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:15 am

Confirming my prediction that I believe nothing will happen. We wont make a move.

I just don't have that feeling. And if all we're chasing is Smith and Redick then I think I'll be right.

**** sucks.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks