ImageImage

ATL: Trade deadline eve....

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve.... 

Post#41 » by AussieBuck » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:05 pm

gbmb34 wrote:Barnes will never be a top 20 guy. No defense.

His D looks fundamentally good to me, particularly for a rookie wing.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#42 » by blazza18 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:57 pm

AussieBuck wrote:

Yea I must be watching something completely different. He handles it fine for a rookie and will only improve. Its not like he's Tobias out there.

On the LRMAM/Henson for Landry/Barnes swap. Its interesting. But no way GSW do it. Even if Landry is getting less minutes atm.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#43 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Next year's draft is going to have two "once in a generation" talents including Wiggins who is starting to get LBJ type hype (Jabari Parker being the other). I fully expect several teams to REALLY tank next year. I mean its going to get ugly. A big part of me wants Milw to be one of those teams. And all that could start this week as teams shed talent for picks, etc. I mean if Milw lets everyone but Sanders, Henson, etc go they could get to really bad pretty easily.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#44 » by paul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:07 pm

AussieBuck wrote:

As Bobbo would say, fasho.
Godgers
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#45 » by Godgers » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Bucks have alot of Assets. Im reading trade chat on espn and 2/3rds of th eplayers mentioned are all Bucks.

Jennings
Dal
Ilyasova
Ellis

Nows the best time in along time to blow this whole roster up. Either collect as many draft picks as possable or get a core player like Bledsoe or Gordon to go with Sanders and build around.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,750

Post#46 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Nothing of note in Woj's update, at least regarding the Bucks.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#47 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:14 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:Landry >>>>>>>>>> Mbah
Barnes >>> Henson

Furthermore, Landry makes less than Mbah.

This is completely a non-starter as GSW are VERY high on Barnes.

Barnes>>>>>Henson?? Like how? How good a player he is right now? How good each projects to be? Because I take Henson over Barnes as far as who I think has a higher ceiling. Skilled long athletic shotblocking PF >>>> Skilled? long athletic SG 7 times out of 10...
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#48 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:49 pm

Apparently Poppovich cursed Howard out at the AS game for mingling with celebrities during a time-out when Pop was calling a play for him. My man-crush on Pop is reaching epic proportions.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
paul
RealGM

Post#49 » by paul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:52 pm

whatthe_buck!? wrote:
Barnes >>> Henson

Barnes>>>>>Henson?? Like how? How good a player he is right now? How good each projects to be? Because I take Henson over Barnes as far as who I think has a higher ceiling. Skilled long athletic shotblocking PF >>>> Skilled? long athletic SG 7 times out of 10...

Like Henson as much as you want, Barnes has without any shadow of a doubt had a more impressive rookie season thus far.

Guy has played a major starting role on a good team all season long and has shown a ton.
paul
RealGM

Post#50 » by paul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:53 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:Apparently Poppovich cursed Howard out at the AS game for mingling with celebrities during a time-out when Pop was calling a play for him. My man-crush on Pop is reaching epic proportions.

Yeah, Pop's the best.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#51 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:55 pm

paul wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:
Barnes >>> Henson

Like Henson as much as you want, Barnes has without any shadow of a doubt had a more impressive rookie season thus far.

Guy has played a major starting role on a good team all season long and has shown a ton.

So u agree with hurricanekid that Barnes>>>>Henson then?
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#52 » by stellation » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:57 pm

You know, someone actually doing a frigging trade wouldn't hurt.
#FreeChuckDiesel
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#53 » by step3profit » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:58 pm

Guys, this is just dramatic timing. Tomorrow there will be a flurry of activity. Imagine the glory when the 4th team acquires Feb Melo at 4:59pm ET.
paul
RealGM

Post#54 » by paul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:59 pm

whatthe_buck!? wrote:
paul wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:Barnes>>>>>Henson?? Like how? How good a player he is right now? How good each projects to be? Because I take Henson over Barnes as far as who I think has a higher ceiling. Skilled long athletic shotblocking PF >>>> Skilled? long athletic SG 7 times out of 10...

As of today? No question.

Into the future? Henson is starting behind but has further room for progression so has every chance to end up being the better player. I'm not as high on Henson as many are though, mainly because his defense has been utterly disgusting lol. Hopefully it comes around. His offense consists entirely of touch ball-shoot ball so we'll see how that turns out.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#55 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:04 pm

stellation wrote:You know, someone actually doing a frigging trade wouldn't hurt.

I know!
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#56 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:06 pm

paul wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:
paul wrote:Like Henson as much as you want, Barnes has without any shadow of a doubt had a more impressive rookie season thus far.

As of today? No question.

Into the future? Henson is starting behind but has further room for progression so has every chance to end up being the better player. I'm not as high on Henson as many are though, mainly because his defense has been utterly disgusting lol. Hopefully it comes around. His offense consists entirely of touch ball-shoot ball so we'll see how that turns out.

Good. Ur answer pretty much matches mine exactly. And that's also exactly why I asked Hurricane Kid for the clarification. Barnes has been very good this year in what he's been asked to do. But if you think that the defense of a much too skinny PF who was VERY good on that half of the court in college isn't likely to come around when he inevitably gets up to NBA-range playing weight then u are kidding yourself...
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#57 » by Nebula1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:10 pm

N8Frog wrote:
stellation wrote:You know, someone actually doing a frigging trade wouldn't hurt.

I know!

I think this is the way the NBA is evolving and will continue to be the trend. Teams make their moves in the offseason now or trade earlier (Gay) and the deadline continues to produce less. Not that there won't be deals done, I just think the hype vastly outweighs the results.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#58 » by mcfromage » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Chris Vivlamore ‏@ajchawks
Haven't seen him yet but I'm told Josh Smith is in the building. #ATLHawks

Looks like Smith is set to start tonight...
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#59 » by stellation » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:16 pm

Sony announcing PS4 > NBA not making trades.
#FreeChuckDiesel
paul
RealGM

Post#60 » by paul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Yeah no kidding. The problem for us Southern Hemisphere'rs is we're going to wake up tomorrow morning and 8 trades will have been made all while we were asleep so the first ones will already be old news lol.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks