ImageImage

2017-18 Bucks Ticket Thread - Single Game Tix Now On Sale - Page 36

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

2017-18 Bucks Ticket Thread - Single Game Tix Now On Sale - Page 36 

Post#1 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:26 pm

For starters, Monta has the biggest picture on the header of the email promoting next year. Kind of interesting if they are planning to trade him.

Anyway, I don't know how many season ticket holders are here, but just got the email and viewed the website for next year's benefits. I'm actually stunned by how much they cut, especially to the half season season holder. They had a very good loyalty program and took that totally away from the half season holder. And for the full season the entire Ticket Bank option has been cut altogether, the upgrade vouchers are gone, Concession Card used to be a minimum $100 and now is like $20-$50 pending your year, and the only other thing is a merchandise discount and a few additional tickets. There is no ticket exchange for half season holders. With how cheap tickets are on the secondary market there is really no reason to renew with these benefits being cut. Wow.

Oh but renew now you get an exclusive Bucks scarf which they really promote. Really?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:27 pm

They are looking to become the first professional sports franchise to have zero fans in attendance for a game.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#3 » by paul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:28 pm

Gotta get the scarf bro, it's cold out.
Bad Midget
Junior
And1: 12

Post#4 » by Bad Midget » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:29 pm

trwi7 wrote:They are looking to become the first professional sports franchise to have zero fans in attendance for a game.

Hilarious
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#5 » by stellation » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:30 pm

N8Frog wrote:For starters, Monta has the biggest picture on the header of the email promoting next year. Kind of interesting if they are planning to trade him.

This will only mean something to my Antipodean brothers, but apparently Kurt Tippet is the picture for July in the 2013 Crows calendar. :lol:

#FreeChuckDiesel
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#6 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:31 pm

trwi7 wrote:They are looking to become the first professional sports franchise to have zero fans in attendance for a game.

Lol I know! I don't think I'm reading any of this wrong and maybe I'm reacting more than others will, but I can't imagine this is going to entice many people to renew. All of the reasons that I renewed are gone. Crazy, lol.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#7 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:33 pm

I made the change a long time ago. You take such a beating if you can't make a game it just doesn't make sense any more. Buyers have so much power its amazing. Why give that up to get a scarf?
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#8 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:34 pm

paul wrote:Gotta get the scarf bro, it's cold out.

Clearly I'm underrating that benefit. :)
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,430

Post#9 » by blazza18 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:37 pm

stellation wrote:
N8Frog wrote:For starters, Monta has the biggest picture on the header of the email promoting next year. Kind of interesting if they are planning to trade him.

This will only mean something to my Antipodean brothers, but apparently Kurt Tippet is the picture for July in the 2013 Crows calendar. :lol:

I read about that. Also Goddard is still on the Saints calender too. :lol:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#10 » by humanrefutation » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:40 pm

With how easy it is to find tickets to games (and how hard it is to sell them) it just seems imprudent to buy season tix, tbh.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#11 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:40 pm

I guess maybe the timing is right to stop anyway as just got Packers season tickets so probably shouldn't splurge all of my extra cash on tickets. As said above, its such a buyers market right now for Bucks games. Its just a little disappointing as next year would've been 5 years with the Bucks and with the old program would've really started reaping more benefits. I had a pretty good system going with using some, selling others, etc.

Oh well I'll quit whining. I just am really surprised at this for a team that is struggling for fans and I would have to think at all time lows for season ticket levels. We'll see if there is any backlash and they bring back the old program.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#12 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:46 pm

humanrefutation wrote:With how easy it is to find tickets to games (and how hard it is to sell them) it just seems imprudent to buy season tix, tbh.

I agree, but what I did was whatever revenue made I put in savings and used towards next season. So this season I ended up making about $650 worth all together with ticket sales, interest earned (another thing they aren't doing), etc. So for next year it would be like $150 out of pocket. And with the ticket bank, upgrade vouchers, etc I was sitting in Courtside Club and Club level seats for multiple games. They allowed exchanges, banking, etc. It really was a good thing, especially for me being in the GB area.

But yeah now there is no reason to if majority of the above is gone. I'll just go to StubHub or buy cheap elsewhere. If the team is ever good, you'll still be able to get tickets reasonable probably. And we aren't going to the Finals anytime soon.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#13 » by paul » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:03 am

N8Frog wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:With how easy it is to find tickets to games (and how hard it is to sell them) it just seems imprudent to buy season tix, tbh.

I agree, but what I did was whatever revenue made I put in savings and used towards next season. So this season I ended up making about $650 worth all together with ticket sales, interest earned (another thing they aren't doing), etc. So for next year it would be like $150 out of pocket. And with the ticket bank, upgrade vouchers, etc I was sitting in Courtside Club and Club level seats for multiple games. They allowed exchanges, banking, etc. It really was a good thing, especially for me being in the GB area.

But yeah now there is no reason to if majority of the above is gone. I'll just go to StubHub or buy cheap elsewhere. If the team is ever good, you'll still be able to get tickets reasonable probably. And we aren't going to the Finals anytime soon.

Honestly, that sucks.

My football team did something similar to me a few years ago. Myself, my brother and my wife had reserved seat Memberships (I guess the equivalent to high end season tickets) for about 5 years and our reserved seats were close to the best seats in the house, we sat together for pretty much every home game for about 5 years. The way the membership worked meant that we weren't on the most expensive membership package but paid a premium for the seats, but then one offseason they decided to just force us to either pay the highest membership package or forfeit our seats without any consultation other than 'this is happening' and it more or less doubled our annual spend. It pissed my brother off so much that he dropped his membership instantly, and while my wife and I stayed on we're close to dropping it as well.

I guess the one real difference is that my football team is extremely well supported and has one of the highest attendances in the league so they can probably get away with it a bit better than the Bucks.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#14 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:19 am

paul wrote:
N8Frog wrote:

Honestly, that sucks.

My football team did something similar to me a few years ago. Myself, my brother and my wife had reserved seat Memberships (I guess the equivalent to high end season tickets) for about 5 years and our reserved seats were close to the best seats in the house, we sat together for pretty much every home game for about 5 years. The way the membership worked meant that we weren't on the most expensive membership package but paid a premium for the seats, but then one offseason they decided to just force us to either pay the highest membership package or forfeit our seats without any consultation other than 'this is happening' and it more or less doubled our annual spend. It pissed my brother off so much that he dropped his membership instantly, and while my wife and I stayed on we're close to dropping it as well.

I guess the one real difference is that my football team is extremely well supported and has one of the highest attendances in the league so they can probably get away with it a bit better than the Bucks.

Yeah that sucks for you too. That's so drastic too, which is just unfortunate.

I just wish there was some kind of true loyalty plan where when you stick with the team when the product is sh*t that you can at the very minimum lock into some of the same benefits. I guess I did kind of expect this when (or IF) the Bucks started to win, but they haven't done anything and attendance is at an all-time low. As you said above, a team that is well attended you kind of expect even though its still sucks. I hope there is alot of backlash in the few of season ticket holders that are left.
marques-8
Junior
And1: 34

Post#15 » by marques-8 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:13 am

We have been season ticket holders for a long time now. Also got the season renewal info today. Was also surprised at the many perks no longer being offered. It makes one wonder whether it is worth it to continue.I did notice for full season ticket holders ,interest is being offered if you pay in full by June 28th. From the day you pay thru Oct. 31st, you will earn 3% interest.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,889

Post#16 » by BUCKnation » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:16 am

Tell them you will renew if they pay for gas. Idk how you can make that trip from GB consistently for Bucks games. I commend your loyalty.
sneakerdust
Banned User
And1: 101

Post#17 » by sneakerdust » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:18 am

N8Frog wrote: just got Packers season tickets

Oh well I'll quit whining.

I like self aware people. 8-)
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#18 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:19 am

You can get lower level tix for the Bucks-Raps game on the 2nd for $13 on Stubhub right now.

Pass on the season tickets. Money you save from not getting a season ticket package you can use to concessions and merchandise.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
sneakerdust
Banned User
And1: 101

Post#19 » by sneakerdust » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:24 am

I got 4 season tickets after Bogut pick, whittled down to two three years later, then quit after one more year.

its too much, esp with the weather if you drive, you never know.
DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#20 » by DMBucks22 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:25 am

wtf? where did all the benifits go? and the pathetic thing is it says on the envelope that there is more this year than last year? what the hell? no there isnt

Return to Milwaukee Bucks