ImageImageImageImageImage

PLAYOFFS WATCH (All in for 7th seed!!!)

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Re: PLAYOFFS WATCH (Road to 8th seed) 

Post#141 » by AcecardZ » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:51 pm

AdonisDeMarion wrote:I can't under stand why we can't get this together, its pissing me off

Injuries are tough to fade bro... Can you name an NBA team in history that has had a successful, by successull I mean at least a trip to the NBA finals, season with as many injuries to key players as we've had to deal with this year? It just doesn't happen in the NBA.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Post#142 » by rand0m » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:06 pm

As much as I want to blame injuries, I just can't after watching this many games. Our key players may not be 100% but there's no excuse to be under .500. Our team just doesn't work from the top to the bottom. There are plenty of times this season where other playoff teams had key players injured and stayed competitive or even won big games. A handful of games this past month have sort of showed how little progress we've made. At least 3 of the big 4 played in these games:

-Loss to Toronto
-Loss to Phoenix
-Squeaked by Detroit
-Blown out by Boston
-Comeback to beat Charlotte

Other than Boston (which I added because how embarrassing it was to lose to them without rondo) these are bottom of the barrel NBA teams. We needed to start playing .700 ball a while ago. I don't see the sense of urgency (maybe they've given up?). Portland losing 5 in a row was the perfect chance to gain a spot yet we're still behind. The kind of games we lost are hurting bad. We have 28 games left and we are hanging onto the 10th seed with Dallas creeping up on us. The thought of this is still unbelievable.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#143 » by AcecardZ » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:03 pm

rand0m wrote:As much as I want to blame injuries, I just can't after watching this many games. Our key players may not be 100% but there's no excuse to be under .500. Our team just doesn't work from the top to the bottom. There are plenty of times this season where other playoff teams had key players injured and stayed competitive or even won big games. A handful of games this past month have sort of showed how little progress we've made. At least 3 of the big 4 played in these games:

-Loss to Toronto
-Loss to Phoenix
-Squeaked by Detroit
-Blown out by Boston

Other than Boston (which I added because how embarrassing it was to lose to them without rondo) these are bottom of the barrel NBA teams. We needed to start playing .700 ball a while ago. I don't see the sense of urgency (maybe they've given up?). Portland losing 5 in a row was the perfect chance to gain a spot yet we're still behind. The kind of games we lost are hurting bad. We have 28 games left and we are hanging onto the 10th seed with Dallas creeping up on us. The thought of this is still unbelievable.

3 of the "big" 4 did play in those games but Pau was suffering from plantar fasciatis, Dwight is 60/70% tops and Nash took a while to get back into top playing shape after he broke his leg. We have two new star players that have been way less than 100% for most of the season and one of our carryover stars has had foot problems for most of the year. That's just too much injury for any one team to overcome. Sure our stars have been out on the court but their production has suffered tremendously as a result injures.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
TARIQ
Veteran
And1: 225

Post#144 » by TARIQ » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:17 am

Injured Gasol
Injured Hill
Injured Howard
Old Steve Nash

WE can't do anything
Wonderllama wrote:George/Hibbert = the next Kobe/Shaq?

PG seems like he could be even better than Kobe... IMO.
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#145 » by GeneralNash » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:12 am

rand0m wrote:As much as I want to blame injuries, I just can't after watching this many games. Our key players may not be 100% but there's no excuse to be under .500. Our team just doesn't work from the top to the bottom. There are plenty of times this season where other playoff teams had key players injured and stayed competitive or even won big games. A handful of games this past month have sort of showed how little progress we've made. At least 3 of the big 4 played in these games:

-Loss to Toronto
-Loss to Phoenix
-Squeaked by Detroit
-Blown out by Boston

Do not forget that boston got hot after rondo went down.

Sent via tapatalk 2
rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Post#146 » by rand0m » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:47 pm

AcecardZ wrote:3 of the "big" 4 did play in those games but Pau was suffering from plantar fasciatis, Dwight is 60/70% tops and Nash took a while to get back into top playing shape after he broke his leg. We have two new star players that have been way less than 100% for most of the season and one of our carryover stars has had foot problems for most of the year. That's just too much injury for any one team to overcome. Sure our stars have been out on the court but their production has suffered tremendously as a result injures.

I wasn't expecting a championship run with the injuries and drastic personnel changes, but it should have been enough to comfortably make the playoffs. I've been fortunate enough to catch quite a few games on league pass this year and the the west (6-9th) isn't that good.

GeneralNash wrote:Do not forget that boston got hot after rondo went down.

Sent via tapatalk 2

True. I'm just still bitter about it :cry:
garcia3
Starter
And1: 9

Post#147 » by garcia3 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:28 am

Houston is about to beat OKC too. Dammit
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,623

Post#148 » by dockingsched » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:30 am

garcia3 wrote:Houston is about to beat OKC too. Dammit

again, what a bunch of fail.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
makaveli_99
Sixth Man
And1: 559

Post#149 » by makaveli_99 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:33 am

harden is just unreal...wow
garcia3
Starter
And1: 9

Post#150 » by garcia3 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:36 am

dockingsched wrote:
garcia3 wrote:Houston is about to beat OKC too. Dammit

again, what a bunch of fail.

what?? the fact that Houston beat OKC again or the fact that we need help from other teams just to make the playoffs??
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,809

Post#151 » by TyCobb » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:59 am

Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,440

Post#152 » by Slava » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:16 am

I'm hoping Utah realize they got nothing to do with making the playoffs and trade Al Jeff & Millsap for draft picks.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
minifang
Rookie
And1: 405

Post#153 » by minifang » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:17 am

We have 27 games left and Houston is up 3.5 in the standings. Can't say I'm the most confident of our chances right now. Every time they lose, we lose. Every time we win, they win...
The Purple and Gold
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#154 » by AdonisDeMarion » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:01 am

I like the way the Laker won the game tonite
BlackBerry
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#155 » by BlackBerry » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:14 am

Can someone post up the Lakers next 20 or how many games left. So we can predict which games they will win/lose. I want to see the Lakers in the Play Offs, cause I know this will make Kobe and D12 go ham. I really want to see Kobe vs LeBron.
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#156 » by GeneralNash » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:23 am

Golden state is also in turmoil at the moment. So even if houston does get hot golden state may continue to crumble. Just gotta keep winning and get over that .500 mark. Good thing is lakers are 9th seed finally passing portland. 1 more seed up to go.

Sent via tapatalk 2
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#157 » by Kobe System » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:28 am

9th seed in the West now but still 3.5 games outside the 8th seed. 27 more games. Too bad HOU also won today. Trade deadline coming in a few hours. Should be interesting.

Standings updated.
The Boot Room
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#158 » by The Boot Room » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:43 am

if lakers want to make the playoffs, houston are suposed to lose games like the one the won last night. if the win those, there is no option for the lakers. they woke up too late.
BlackBerry
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#159 » by BlackBerry » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:44 am

Kobe System wrote:9th seed in the West now but still 3.5 games outside the 8th seed. 27 more games. Too bad HOU also won today. Trade deadline coming in a few hours. Should be interesting.

Standings updated.

When are the teams official as in what time can players not be traded? I am assuming as of midnight, or am I wrong?
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#160 » by Kobe System » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:42 pm

BlackBerry wrote:
Kobe System wrote:9th seed in the West now but still 3.5 games outside the 8th seed. 27 more games. Too bad HOU also won today. Trade deadline coming in a few hours. Should be interesting.

Standings updated.

When are the teams official as in what time can players not be traded? I am assuming as of midnight, or am I wrong?

I think it's after 3PM EST. I could be wrong though.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers