Celtics

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

kamazilla
Senior
And1: 62

Celtics 

Post#1 » by kamazilla » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:33 am

To LA: Pierce, KG

To Boston: Howard, MWP

I check in frequently to the trade board, and if this has been posted it's been awhile. Seems to me like the rare big trade which makes sense for both teams.

LA goes all geriatric in last ditch effort to solidify their title chances in Kupchak's "two year window" while at the same time unloading the clown brigade, which just isn't gelling in lala land. Defense doesn't suffer much with KG coming to town and the offense is improved drastically with players who use their highly developed skills with great intelligence and unselfishness. You know Kobe's gonna love KG's intensity and Pierce's savvy. After two years, blow it up and start fresh. It's LA, they will acquire players.

Boston is not going far for the next couple of years with the Garnett and Pierce contracts constricting personnel options. A Howard/ Rondo duo is a great place to start building, and they already have some good young complimentary players. Their defense would be ridiculous, and cause problems for everybody they face. For next few years, if you're going to beat Miami in the east, it's gotta be with defense.

KG and Pierce should see this move as their last best chance to compete for a title, while Dwight should be happy to re-sign in Boston. Rivers as coach and Rondo as PG getting Howard his touches in the post? All day, Baby... Just nab some shooters, say Reddick, in the offseason, and the Green is golden.
-Kees-
Lead Assistant
And1: 52

Re: Celtics 

Post#2 » by -Kees- » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:40 am

I think LA easily passes. The 2 year plan is to be able to go after a big name in 2014 with Dwight bringing them in. I doubt they would trade them for 2 guys 35+, even if it does make them a better team this year.
qclakers
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#3 » by qclakers » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:45 am

I posted something generally along these lines and got a mixed reaction. I think it would be a great move for both teams. Although I think LA could include other salary filler than MWP. I think this creates a clear plan for both squads. Looking at the next 5 years for Boston and LA going full bore for the Lakers for the next 2 years after this one. These deals dont happen that doesn't mean they shouldn't. These are 2 franshises that have always been willing to go bold and mediocrity is not good enough. The only catch might be that Boston could be the worst free throw shooting team in history! La would be able to hopefully send 5 hall of famers of to their retirement homes with a couple more rings and reload with full cap room.
frozt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,282

Post#4 » by frozt » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:23 am

Could you imagine

Nash
Kobe
Pierce
Pau
KG

Making a run for the title? Lol... Clark, Hill, Jamison, Meeks off the bench...They'd be pretty set up two make a solid two year run and then all expire right?
Resident band wagon vigilante.
branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 28

Post#5 » by branny » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:40 am

Would KG waive his NTC for LA?
RoyalWun
Lead Assistant
And1: 471

Post#6 » by RoyalWun » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:19 pm

branny wrote:Would KG waive his NTC for LA?

He wouldn't waive it for the Clippers who are actually a better team so I see zero reason he'd waive it for the Lakers who are fighting for an 8th seed.
Dammit...:

I've got Nurkic fever now.
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#7 » by PetroNet » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:23 pm

kamazilla wrote:To LA: Pierce, KG

To Boston: Howard, MWP

I check in frequently to the trade board, and if this has been posted it's been awhile. Seems to me like the rare big trade which makes sense for both teams.

LA goes all geriatric in last ditch effort to solidify their title chances in Kupchak's "two year window" while at the same time unloading the clown brigade, which just isn't gelling in lala land. Defense doesn't suffer much with KG coming to town and the offense is improved drastically with players who use their highly developed skills with great intelligence and unselfishness. You know Kobe's gonna love KG's intensity and Pierce's savvy. After two years, blow it up and start fresh. It's LA, they will acquire players.

Boston is not going far for the next couple of years with the Garnett and Pierce contracts constricting personnel options. A Howard/ Rondo duo is a great place to start building, and they already have some good young complimentary players. Their defense would be ridiculous, and cause problems for everybody they face. For next few years, if you're going to beat Miami in the east, it's gotta be with defense.

KG and Pierce should see this move as their last best chance to compete for a title, while Dwight should be happy to re-sign in Boston. Rivers as coach and Rondo as PG getting Howard his touches in the post? All day, Baby... Just nab some shooters, say Reddick, in the offseason, and the Green is golden.

so LA gets older and less talented... is billy king the GM of the lakers? if not that deal is laughable
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,476

Post#8 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Could only imagine how bad LA defense becomes after trading their two best defenders.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,331

Post#9 » by pipfan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:37 pm

I posted this same trade a few weeks back. I love it for both. Lakers sneak into the playoffs and go for it. KG and PP are very good on D. If Gasol were healthy, this would work well in May. All pros, all wanting to win.

Boston goes for it with Rondo and Howard- a great base if both are healthy. Plus, they do their legend and KG right by sending them to a contender. Finally, KG lives in LA and Pierce is from there. KG might have waived his clause to go WITH PP?
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#10 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:00 pm

That is an awful lot for Boston to give up unless they know they can retain Howard.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#11 » by john2jer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:50 pm

You'd almost have to get a guarantee that Howard resigns in Boston, he can't sign an extension right now, correct?

And I think Boston would have to add in some kind of future incentive, like a lottery protected 1st or one of their young prospects, like Fab. I think that cures some of the concerns both franchises would have.

Oh and fire D'Antoni.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager

Post#12 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:53 pm

john2jer wrote:Oh and fire D'Antoni.

+1
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#13 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:19 am

Wasabi_Johnson wrote:Could only imagine how bad LA defense becomes after trading their two best defenders.

probably improve quite a bit. Boston is ranked 10 spots higher in defensive efficiency than LA and it's safe to assume it's not Brandon Bass and Jason Terry leading the way.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager

Post#14 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:58 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:Could only imagine how bad LA defense becomes after trading their two best defenders.

probably improve quite a bit. Boston is ranked 10 spots higher in defensive efficiency than LA and it's safe to assume it's not Brandon Bass and Jason Terry leading the way.

One team has Doc Rivers, the other team has Pringles. You trade two players for worse defenders at their perceptive position the team defense is going to get worse.
ATF
Junior
And1: 40

Post#15 » by ATF » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:13 am

No ones talked about it because it's beyond ridiculous. You couldn't even pull this off in NBA 2K13.
Suns.

Return to Trades and Transactions