ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Panic Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Re: Official Panic Thread 

Post#41 » by GONYK » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:24 am

R-DAWG wrote:INCORRECT. Lin could've been signed and traded before he signed the offer sheet with Houston. Instead of Houston raising their offer they could've agreed to a sign and trade. They left the door open and Dolan's ego got in the way. End results, Knick fans lose.

Wrong, because Lin wasn't going to sign it before testing the market
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 4,996

Post#42 » by R-DAWG » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:28 am

GONYK wrote:
R-DAWG wrote:INCORRECT. Lin could've been signed and traded before he signed the offer sheet with Houston. Instead of Houston raising their offer they could've agreed to a sign and trade. They left the door open and Dolan's ego got in the way. End results, Knick fans lose.

No

restricted free agents could be signed and traded. Toronto overpaid for Fields to prevent us from using him in a sign and trade for Nash. before an offer sheet is signed a restricted free agent can be signed and traded.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#43 » by GONYK » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:28 am

R-DAWG wrote:
GONYK wrote:

No

restricted free agents could be signed and traded. Toronto overpaid for Fields to prevent us from using him in a sign and trade for Nash. before an offer sheet is signed a restricted free agent can be signed and traded.

Lin was not going to sign our offer sheet before testing the market.

He went to Harvard. He's not an idiot.
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#44 » by AmazingJason » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:30 am

Another guy I miss is Jared Jeffries. He would sacrifice his health and body for the team to win games. Lin would just drive to the hole repeatedly with no abandon. When are our own players going to play like they care about winning?
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 4,996

Post#45 » by R-DAWG » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:38 am

[/quote]

restricted free agents could be signed and traded. Toronto overpaid for Fields to prevent us from using him in a sign and trade for Nash. before an offer sheet is signed a restricted free agent can be signed and traded.[/quote]

He went to Harvard. He's not an idiot.[/quote]
he had an offer from Houston, NY had a few days to decide weather or not to match, Houston went back with a higher offer. During that period the Knicks could've worked out a sign and trade. Once the higher offer sheet was signed and delivered the window closed. so, yes, the knicks had the opportunity to, at a minimum, get a traded players exception for Lin.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,588

Post#46 » by Stannis » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:39 am

GONYK wrote:
R-DAWG wrote:
GONYK wrote:No

He went to Harvard. He's not an idiot.

Kid is wicked smaht.
Free Palestine
GettinitDone
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,774

Post#47 » by GettinitDone » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:52 am

Anyone else pissed off our best player was having a laugh with Amare on bench when we got blown out by 30? This guy... just doesn't get it, or... just doesn't give a ****. Once he can no longer knock down his shots he will go unemployed and no teams will touch him.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#48 » by GONYK » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:53 am

GettinitDone wrote:Anyone else pissed off our best player was having a laugh with Amare on bench when we got blown out by 30? This guy... just doesn't get it, or... just doesn't give a ****. Once he can no longer knock down his shots he will go unemployed and no teams will touch him.

So...he will never be unemployed
ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Post#49 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:56 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:In no particular order....

1. Woodie has to start Tyson-Amare-Melo-Shump-Ray; he spoke of making it work this offseason now he has to back up his talk.
2. Ray needs to fight over screens. That's killing our defense. Too much switching.
3. Kidd needs a lesser role until the playoffs. He's no longer a starter in the NBA.
4. We need more unselfish play and ball movement....as well as player movement.
5. Woodie needs to toss in a few more sets on offense. He's become too predictable.
6. JR Smith needs to be reigned in...a lot. He needs o be more complete...more of a playmaker.
7. Tyson needs to step it up but in honesty, it's beyond him...the perimeter guys are getting beat night in and night out. We need more urgency on defense.
8. We need to start implementing more zone; that was Dallas' secret weapon with Tyson at the top.
9. Ronnie Brewer, if not traded, needs a role....we will need what he potentially brings to the table come playoff time.
10. Novak needs his minutes cut. He's useless if the 3 isn't falling. He's officially been figured out. His presence isn't doing much to open up things for Melo and he, Melo and Amare should NEVER see the floor simultaneously.
11. Melo has to get some rest down the stretch. Woodie has already burned out Jason. Melo is playing way too many minutes.
12. Shump, if not traded, hopefully can calm down after the deadline. He, to a greater extent than Amare, has kinda monkeywrenched the on court chemistry.

Agreed... He's trying to do way too much. He should not be trying to take guys one-on-one at this point. Just move the ball if you're not open.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,342

Post#50 » by kane » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:56 am

face it were headed for another first round exit. this game was all the proof i needed, if we get to the second round id be thrilled if not no harm i now have ZERO expectations.... and as for winning a championship in the next 2 years? HAHAHA :roll:
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#51 » by br7knicks » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:59 pm

sol537 wrote:I would not be opposed to dumping 'Melo for the right package. Melo, Felton, JR, and White for Smith, Teague, Zaza, Stevenson, and a couple of picks. Sure, we lose the "superstar" but we end up with a better balanced team that's younger and that plays defense.

:o
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
MeloStateOfMind
Junior
And1: 4

Post#52 » by MeloStateOfMind » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:25 pm

GettinitDone wrote:Anyone else pissed off our best player was having a laugh with Amare on bench when we got blown out by 30? This guy... just doesn't get it, or... just doesn't give a ****. Once he can no longer knock down his shots he will go unemployed and no teams will touch him.

I'm pretty sure they were laughing at all the garbage ticky tack foul calls Indy was getting. In the first half alone Indy went to the line 29 times. Melo and Amar'e were laughing at KT getting his 4th foul in the second quarter.

This game reeked like the first loss to Houston...Indy couldn't miss a shot to save their life and our Knicks were 1-15 from 3 at the half. They mailed it in and they're in a slump....no time to panic. :D
Giants #All-in, Yankees #27andcounting, Knicks #Knickstape #Woodtang, Rangers #NYR
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,526

Post#53 » by Lord Commander » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:30 pm

Checking in.

I was the one telling people to chill, but I'm officially there. WE SUCK MOOSE BALLS.

Nothing about this team screams contender.
MeloNY
Bench Warmer
And1: 464

Post#54 » by MeloNY » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:34 pm

The team I see out there right now is not even remotely close to the team I rooted for at the beginning of the season. No chemistry, no heart, no effort. This team absolutely stinks.
bklynstoops
Head Coach
And1: 1,530

Post#55 » by bklynstoops » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:00 pm

no panic, as I still think the season is going to be judged by how we do in the playoffs, but it is disconcerting that we seem to be lacking any sort of identity as a team this far in. We have no idea who we're supposed to be, no idea how to impose a will on a game, no idea how to respond to adversity. The team seems mentally fragile as well. Not good.
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#56 » by makeitstop » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:04 pm

This thread needs a soundtrack.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpccpglnNf0[/youtube]
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
GoNYK1288
Banned User
And1: 272

Post#57 » by GoNYK1288 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:10 pm

makeitstop wrote:This thread needs a soundtrack.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpccpglnNf0[/youtube]

I just spat my lunch all over my pants at work. Thanks, buddy.
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#58 » by StephNYKurry » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Something I would consider doing...

Pull Melo in one of these games. I want to see how Melo would react, because I can't get a read on Melo right now. I need to know what I'm working with here. Is this the selfish guy who would turn on Woody should something like that happen, or would he accept the challenge and begin to lead on the floor and in the locker room.

Just something I would consider
What do I care...it's rigged anyway
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#59 » by makeitstop » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:26 pm

GoNYK1288 wrote:I just spat my lunch all over my pants at work. Thanks, buddy.

Glad to help.

For some reason that clip destroys me. And it seemed appropriate. :lol:
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,342

Post#60 » by kane » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Ok so no trades?..... riiiite time to sign kmart and delonte west, sheed/camby/kidd/pablo these old guys are all dog food

Return to New York Knicks