Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Re: Jordan Crawford 

Post#601 » by Halcyon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:02 pm

fishercob wrote:
jivelikenice wrote:@Jcraw55 12/1/12 - 12/31/12 20 6 5

Now Jordan is tweeting his December stats....perfect. While I think he's gotten the shaft to some degree (mainly cause other guys like Seraphin continue to get PT), he's just a clown and needs to go....the sooner the better. This team doesn't need Jordan going to twitter to air his grievances, especially with their improved play. He didnt complain when his #s were solid but we lost every night. Loser mentality....singleton toughed it out and was still team first on twitter while in the doghouse....now his play has improved. Jordan is a loser....needs to be on a vet team where he's held accountable.

100% agree. All you need to know about the importance of those stats is that the Wiz were 3-11 in December -- and they're over .500 since. The fact that he doesn't grasp tells us -- or confirms, rather -- all we need to know about Jordan Crawford. He's not a guy I enjoy watching or rooting for, and I'd be shocked if any team for which he got regular minutes was ever any good. Just not a winning player.
He also put up those scoring numbers on pretty bad percentages. In parenthesis are his overall numbers for the year.

FGA: 17.1 (11.8)
FG%: 41.0 (41.5)
3PT%: 34.2 (34.5)
TS%: 51.3 (51.2)
eFG%: 47.1 (47.3)

All this guy did differently that month was to shoot it more. That's about it. His APG and RPG went up a bit, but it wasn't a drastic difference.

APG: 6.1 (5.0)
RPG: 5.1 (4.3)
TOV: 2.7 (2.3)

Get this guy off the team please.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#602 » by hands11 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:58 am

hands11
Banned User

Post#603 » by hands11 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:53 am

TOR vs Wiz in DC, Wiz fans break out the We WANT Crawford chant.

Dray must be so envious.

PURE AWESOME.

Wall playing maybe the worst game of his life and Crawford iced on the bench. Hell, not even Temple got a sniff. Randy wouldn't do that to Wall.

You rock Randy. Keep up the good work. Hey, at least your favorite player Price got in a productive 17 minutes or 2-7 shooting and 1 assist. Bet he would pull in some nice value in a trade.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#604 » by AFM » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:58 am

Randy is a moron. Did Crawford make fun of his mother or something?
hands11
Banned User

Post#605 » by hands11 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:14 am

Still in your corner J Craw if you are reading.

Personally, I think you have handled things well. Through all the Ls, you always stayed positive and spoke of how you appreciated the game.

Fans calling for you on the floor, you tossed them your jersey. Nice tough.

Move you to PG - you posted a triple double.

Start Mack, Temple or Livingston ahead of you, you didn't run to the media.

You got better every year which is more then I can say for a lot of other players on the team but you aren't going to say that. Actually, I don't even think you will slam the team if they do trade you because what is to be gained by that. And if they keep you, I beat you just keep on fighting for your spot.

Personally, I'm in the fire Randy camp brother. Keep the Craw.
crackhed
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#606 » by crackhed » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:38 am

not defending whitman but the prob w/crawford is his game is so unorthodox u just don't know what u'll get from him each night. for a coach that must be frustrating. having said that no doubt he's one of the more creative shot makers on the roster (if not the most), and coach needs to find a way to use him
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the kind of man I am"
H. Simpson
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,149

Post#607 » by Zonkerbl » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:44 am

I love Crawford's balls.

Wait, did I say that out loud?
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,497

Post#608 » by closg00 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:46 pm

Following the tweets, there does appear to be interest in Craw, especially now that it appears that JJ won't be traded.
Boston & Dallas are reportedly interested. We can get something for Craw, lets see what Ernie can do. *Shudders*
AFM
General Manager

Post#609 » by AFM » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:48 pm

The rumor is Fab Melo for Crawford. I want to throw up in my mouth
closg00
RealGM

Post#610 » by closg00 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:26 pm

AFM wrote:The rumor is Fab Melo for Crawford. I want to throw up in my mouth

If the Wizards had any kind of development history, this would be a good return for Crawford. Send him to the D_league until Okafor is traded.
AFM
General Manager

Post#611 » by AFM » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:29 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-o ... -for-smith

UPDATE: 1:21 p.m.

The Celtics and Wizards are discussing a Fab Melo for Jordan Crawford swap, according to Yahoo Sports.

Melo for Crawford straight up? At least throw a pick in...
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,852

Post#612 » by TGW » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:38 pm

As long as this scrub is off my team today, I'll be happy. Crawford is a low IQ chucking bum.

Fab Melo? Not a good return, but at least he's a legitimate 7 footer with length and he played for a big time program in college. Get a 2nd rounder in addition to Melo and I'll be satisfied.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#613 » by fishercob » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:49 pm

Per Aldridge, he's gone. I don't wish harm on the guy, but did not enjoy watching him play and glad he's off the team. Bets on who turns on him first between KG and the Boston fan base?
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#614 » by MJG » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:03 pm

fishercob wrote:Per Aldridge, he's gone. I don't wish harm on the guy, but did not enjoy watching him play and glad he's off the team. Bets on who turns on him first between KG and the Boston fan base?

Ditto. Regardless of the details of the trade, I'm really glad he's off the team. He has probably been my least favorite Wizard since he joined us, and which is really saying something since that includes time where Baltche was still on the roster. Good riddance.
closg00
RealGM

Post#615 » by closg00 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:16 pm

Crawford for Barbosa's expiring , done!
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#616 » by Troubadour » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:21 pm

Why was he traded for so little? He's a great scorer.
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#617 » by Soup's Uncle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:41 pm

^Because of Ernie Grunfeld.
F Street = Wall Street
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#618 » by mohammed10 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Soup's Uncle wrote:^Because of Ernie Grunfeld.

LOL - you beat me to it
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,852

Post#619 » by TGW » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:06 pm

MJG wrote:
fishercob wrote:Per Aldridge, he's gone. I don't wish harm on the guy, but did not enjoy watching him play and glad he's off the team. Bets on who turns on him first between KG and the Boston fan base?

Ditto. Regardless of the details of the trade, I'm really glad he's off the team. He has probably been my least favorite Wizard since he joined us, and which is really saying something since that includes time where Baltche was still on the roster. Good riddance.

I agree wholeheartedly, but my take is why make a trade just to help another team. Unless Crawful was being a pain in the locker room (which is a possibility after seeing that idiotic tweet) I don't see why you trade such a harmless contract for an expiring. This move has a cheapness stench to it...like it was something they would have done if Abe was still the owner.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
hands11
Banned User

Post#620 » by hands11 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnXBmqknuCo[/youtube]

Over on another Wiz board they gave the trade an F

So now lets see if Boston gives him a shop at PG where he should have been playing all along.

Circled date on calendar. Sun, Apr 7 Wiz go to Boston.

Man, Crawford must be so happy right now. He just got traded to a playoff team with a legit head coach.

The Wizards just gave up their leading scorer for NOTHING.
3rd most points per isolation possession in the league (behind Kyrie and LeBron, with at least 100 possessions)

"I know he can score and that's something we needed," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said of Crawford.

"The good thing and the bad thing is his confidence," Rivers said. "You rarely say that, but it was tough for him there to buy into a role because he looks at himself and says, 'I'm better than them.' I'm hoping that we don't have that issue here. Obviously, if we do, then it'll be a problem."

"Losing Barbosa, I kept saying it, that's hurt us," added Rivers. "We don't have that wild card off the bench. And I'm hoping [Crawford] gives us that. I know about the other stuff, too. I'm hoping, obviously, that our staff and we have some veteran players around here, that he can grow."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/i ... on-collins

Return to Washington Wizards