ImageImageImage

Sixers acquire Charles Jenkins

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,770

Re: Sixers acquire Charles Jenkins 

Post#21 » by Skates » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Hollinger's take on Jenkins matches up pretty well with the one from the GS fans, needs to add a three pointer to be more effective. He should be a minimum salary type guy next year as a potential long term replacement for Ivey/Pargo. I wasn't sure about the 2nd rounder being protected, but figured it wasn't a straight out giveaway since GS was doing a salary dump. Eh, for a nothing trade it isn't that bad. the lack of any otehr moves to make us better, now that is bad.
NJ SixerFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 951

Post#22 » by NJ SixerFan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:27 pm

Honestly who cares anymore with Doug Collins still the coach. Dudes a joke and this kid will prolly sit the rest of the season behind now Pargo who seems to of already landed behind Ivy. Its only a matter of time before the starting lineup is Jrue/Ivy/Wilkins/Thad/Hawes. Where Doug spits **** out of his mouth like we need more glue and blah blah blah. While we still run his pathetic weave offense operating in the high post shooting long twos at a miserable clip, scoring what 82 a night if were lucky. But hey we dont turn the ball over so thats a plus. I no longer hate Hawes, allen, or brown. I would of taken millions to suck too. This stink is all collins. Sorry endrant
KKell2507
Starter
And1: 507

Post#23 » by KKell2507 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:29 pm

KrazySixersD wrote:oh good... wat are the restrictions? i read you did it to get under the tax

im going to be pissed if we gave up a pick for our 3rd backup PG now on the roster

http://www.phillyburbs.com/sports/sixer ... c2a10.html

Tom Moore says its a pick that "Sixers probably wont end up having to pay".

Doesn't say exact restrictions, but my guess is its last couple of picks in the draft for a few years then just goes away if we're never that good(which i cant assume we will be anytime soon).
KKell2507
Starter

Post#24 » by KKell2507 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:37 pm

My guess is Charles Jenkins would play over Pargo(again no idea why we signed him if we arent gonna play him). Jenkins is a higher potential prospect.

He was the 44th pick in the same draft that Pargo went undrafted. I remember close to the draft Jenkins was talked about as a very late 1st rounder, but he fell to 44th(remember we picked Lou Williams 45th in a draft way back when in 2005).

Hes good enough to have a 4 min youtube mix of his rookie year for what its worth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UGLcB_N1n0
KrazySixersD
General Manager
And1: 1,008

Post#25 » by KrazySixersD » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:38 pm

ok well we still suck but atleast we arent fully (Please Use More Appropriate Word) too, just part ways
KKell2507
Starter

Post#26 » by KKell2507 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:49 pm

KrazySixersD wrote:ok well we still suck but atleast we arent fully (Please Use More Appropriate Word) too, just part ways

Yes we do lol.

Perimeter oriented team just got more perimeter oriented, thats all.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#27 » by Mik317 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:55 am

ALL BALLHANDLER OFFENSE.

League a'int ready.

Pargo/Ivey/Jenkins/Jrue/Turner.

awww yeeah
#NeverGonnaBeGood
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,591

Post#28 » by sixerswillrule » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:20 am

Knux-Future wrote:ALL BALLHANDLER OFFENSE.

League a'int ready.

Pargo/Ivey/Jenkins/Jrue/Turner.

awww yeeah

It would work better if we still had Reggie Evans.
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#29 » by thenbaman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:45 am

WTF!!!!
Chamberlainship
Sixth Man
And1: 213

Post#30 » by Chamberlainship » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:07 am

DiLeo making people forget about the Bynum deal with this one. When are they going to come out with the obligatory "we had a first-round grade on him" line?

I hope the guy is the second coming of speedy claxton.

Someone on warrior board wondered whether he'll be like Vonteego Cummings and disappear in Philly. They're also talking about Charles Jenkins's career highlight:

http://blog.sfgate.com/warriors/2011/12/09/gs-warriors-waive-jeremy-lin-sign-charles-jenkins/

Maybe the sixers are just dealing with warriors to get nostalgia going for the up-coming wilt chamberlain bobblehead night.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#31 » by SparksFly87 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Hey watched tape on this guy he's impressive. Doug likes one on one slashers a lot ? Anyways this dude is strong , has great handles and attacks like a demon. I can see why the Warriors looked him because he's straight cold.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#32 » by FNQ » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:51 pm

He sure isn't the 2nd coming of Speedy Claxton... because dude is S L O W

Basically you have a combo guard who's got a great midrange jumper but little else to back it up right now. Solid handles, can slash sometimes but gets into trouble a lot like that, not that much of a shot creator/facilitator, more like a start point for an offensive set. Defense is solid, nothing great there. He could be a solid backup PG down the road, but like as said before here, he needs to either get a 3pt shot or become more of a creator to really stick in the L. Not bad to take a flyer on him, especially since its extremely unlikely GS ever sees your 2nd rounder. He's basically free, good luck.
Typeical
Lead Assistant
And1: 36

Post#33 » by Typeical » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:51 am

another player without a true position, of course.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#34 » by CoreyGallagher » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:03 am

The more I read about Jenkins' story the more I like the dude, hope he does well here and makes a name for himself (obviously, for both our sakes).

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1525 ... way-to-nba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf2p4H_ZubQ
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#35 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:18 am

He's got glue written all over him.....j/k
Seriously....All BS aside...Looks like a steady player and that may be what we need from the backup PG position. Does he defend? Thats the big thing. His offensive game reminds me of Aaron Mckie a little bit. He should get a shot with us with Pargo and Ivey being his competition. Musical backup point guards? Doug is gonna play that you know it.
From what i've seen of him I like him....as a backup. I like Pargo too so i'm rooting for both of them but only one comes out alive.
FreesFro
Pro Prospect
And1: 274

Post#36 » by FreesFro » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:28 pm

This deal is all about options for a backup PG for 2013-14. Pargo and now Jenkins. It'll be interesting to see if he gets any run.
hellla
Senior
And1: 91

Post#37 » by hellla » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:42 pm

really hope Charles Jenkins gets some burn from you guys. The dude is a workaholic, has a NASTY mid-ranged jumper, can really get to the rim (kinda regressed this season though due to less PT behind Curry-Jack and having less opportunity) and can even set up some nice plays. He needs some work on his handles although he's already pretty solid, needs to add the 3.. but overall, he was a lovable guy and played his heart out whenever he had the chance. I can see him being a really solid backup PG some day. Still really young and has a lot of time to grow. Hope he balls out for you guys.
bandwagon warriors fan since 2005
"Steph Curry is like the police. You could put your hands up, but he's still shootin!" - Athletic Alchemy

Return to Philadelphia 76ers