ImageImageImageImage

Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Re: Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch 

Post#1201 » by BaunceyChillups » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Oladipo is probably a darkhorse for the number 1 pick, Chad Ford confirmed as much in today's chat when he mention that some GMs think he'll go that high. He's improving leaps and bounds with every game he plays.
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#1202 » by G-Heel » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:20 pm

BaunceyChillups wrote:Oladipo is probably a darkhorse for the number 1 pick, Chad Ford confirmed as much in today's chat when he mention that some GMs think he'll go that high. He's improving leaps and bounds with every game he plays.

I agree, he's a player we need to keep an eye for. He's super efficient, can play D, and athletic.
Fire Otis!
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,139

Post#1203 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Skin wrote:I'm glad more of your are starting to come around on Smart. It's been a long time comin'.

Screw McLemore... name me the last Kansas player to live up to the hype.

I'm on the Smart train but program-bashing is silly. Some of OK State's most notable recent NBA alumni are Tony Allen, Stephen & Joey Graham, John Lucas and Desmond Mason.

And about Oladipo; I think people are going to be surprised how high he will be drafted. Same with Burke.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Post#1204 » by Noonskadoodle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:26 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gb2LnmVC7M[/youtube]
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#1205 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:38 pm

I have no clue why anyone wants us to pick noel. I was wrong about him resembling dwight. He's worse! Remember how one of the bigger issues with dwight being a poor ft shooter was the fact he wasn't as strong as Shaq therefore he didn't finish a lot of those shots Thus he had to shoot two fts?

Now picture it being 30 million times worse. If we want a player that only blocks shots, rebounds, and can't score, then go get biyombo.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
arkknight1988
Assistant Coach
And1: 172

Post#1206 » by arkknight1988 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:54 pm

Olidipo or smart for me. Hard work and high character is what I respect. Screw these over rated high school phenoms like Noel and Shabazz.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#1207 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:03 pm

G-Heel wrote:
BaunceyChillups wrote:Oladipo is probably a darkhorse for the number 1 pick, Chad Ford confirmed as much in today's chat when he mention that some GMs think he'll go that high. He's improving leaps and bounds with every game he plays.

I agree, he's a player we need to keep an eye for. He's super efficient, can play D, and athletic.

Kinda reminds me of tony Allen. I think hennigan can get more from bennett, smart, shabazz ,or mcelmore.
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#1208 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:09 pm

arkknight1988 wrote:Olidipo or smart for me. Hard work and high character is what I respect. Screw these over rated high school phenoms like Noel and Shabazz.

I'm with you on that. What really stuck out to me with bazz was that interview where he said he never had to play defense in hs...lolwut?

Apparently he didn't learn how to pass and use his right hand either.
#2A
#Adopt
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#1209 » by Noonskadoodle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:14 pm

Oladipo is averaging 20 ppg on 66% shooting 6.3 boards and 3.5 steals against ranked teams.

Against #1 Michigan he guarded 4 different players for around 40 possessions and only allowed 4 points
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#1210 » by G-Heel » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:42 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
G-Heel wrote:

Kinda reminds me of tony Allen. I think hennigan can get more from bennett, smart, shabazz ,or mcelmore.

Why Tony Allen? This guy seems miles ahead offensively compared to Tony Allen. Tony Allen with a good offensive game would be hell of a player.

I was high on Shabazz in the beginning of the year, but he doesn't play defense, pass, and seemingly has poor attitude. Not sure he's a fit on this team and you guys would have a heart attack when he start chucking up shots. He is the kind of go-to player we desperately need, just has too many other shortcomings.

Noel, Smart, and McLemore would be my picks.
Fire Otis!
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#1211 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:32 pm

G-Heel wrote:,
Why Tony Allen? This guy seems miles ahead offensively compared to Tony Allen. Tony Allen with a good offensive game would be hell of a player.

I was high on Shabazz in the beginning of the year, but he doesn't play defense, pass, and seemingly has poor attitude. Not sure he's a fit on this team and you guys would have a heart attack when he start chucking up shots. He is the kind of go-to player we desperately need, just has too many other shortcomings.

Noel, Smart, and Mcemore would be my picks.

I don't think he's MILES ahead of Allen. Can hit the Spot up jumper , can't create off the dribble , can't create offense for others. Tenacious defender good rebounder, energy /hustle player.

I think smart is a better choice.  
#2A
#Adopt
akhenaten
Pro Prospect
And1: 140

Post#1212 » by akhenaten » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:30 am

I think oladipo is the real deal. He's one of those game changer type players, in a different class from these others. Don't get why he's not rated higher.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#1213 » by Noonskadoodle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:51 am

DONT FORGET 9PM ESPN2 MCLEMORE VS SMART
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#1214 » by Noonskadoodle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:46 am

Willie Cauley-Stein for UK starting in his 2nd game since Noel went down....20 points 7 boards 3 blocks.
IGotDaMagicInMe
Sixth Man
And1: 203

Post#1215 » by IGotDaMagicInMe » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:07 am

Bmac didn't look too good
IGotDaMagicInMe
Sixth Man
And1: 203

Post#1216 » by IGotDaMagicInMe » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:12 am

Out of the players I've seen, I like Smart and Oladipo. I'm not too impressed by Mclemore, shebazz, MCW, Anthony Bennett or Burke. Some guys im intrigued by (that we could if we get a mid first from somebody) but haven't yet watched are Mccollum, KCP, BJ Young, Gobert, Jamaal Franklin and Otto Porter. Anybody seen/like any of those latter guys?
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#1217 » by MagicFan32 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:43 am

Smart is a lil wreckless, he has alot of upside but at this point bazzy is probably the safest pick at no.1 I'd consider Bennett for no.1 as well, you just gotta watch him, undersized? yes a bit but ferocious, alpha male on the court
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#1218 » by Neon1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:43 am

IGotDaMagicInMe wrote:Out of the players I've seen, I like Smart and Oladipo. I'm not too impressed by Mclemore, shebazz, MCW, Anthony Bennett or Burke. Some guys im intrigued by (that we could if we get a mid first from somebody) but haven't yet watched are Mccollum, KCP, BJ Young, Gobert, Jamaal Franklin and Otto Porter. Anybody seen/like any of those latter guys?

McCollum and B.J. Young really intrigues me. He has the size, ability and skills, just a matter of him putting it all together. He is still pretty young in his development.

McCollum is a top #1 thru #3 PG in this draft IMO.

B.J. YOUNG
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHnt9jUw3yM[/youtube]
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#1219 » by Noonskadoodle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Pretty clear we are focusing on PG in this draft. Whether that is Smart or trading down & targeting guys like Burke/McCollum/Brown & grabbing another asset in doing so.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#1220 » by Cammo101 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:03 pm

IGotDaMagicInMe wrote:Out of the players I've seen, I like Smart and Oladipo. I'm not too impressed by Mclemore, shebazz, MCW, Anthony Bennett or Burke. Some guys im intrigued by (that we could if we get a mid first from somebody) but haven't yet watched are Mccollum, KCP, BJ Young, Gobert, Jamaal Franklin and Otto Porter. Anybody seen/like any of those latter guys?

Otto Porter won't make it out of the top 8.

Return to Orlando Magic