ImageImage

2017-18 Bucks Ticket Thread - Single Game Tix Now On Sale - Page 36

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals 

Post#41 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:35 am

Wow that really s*cks they are forcing you into that club. I guess I've kind of known about it, but yet really didn't. Is it even appealing? All I can think of in that area is the below the bleachers which reminds me of when I was 6 years crawling under the bleachers at a high school basketball game. Really not that fun.

I think the Bucks have been watching the attendance and figured the free stuff isn't needed. As has been said before on this board, the only people buying tickets are the business's that buy every year and the diehard fans that will show up no matter what the Bucks put out on the floor.

This very well could be. They have really cheaped out on everything. I got the print information today and it includes the invoice, a letter from Steinmiller, and a really vague color print of some of the benefits. In previous years it came in a nice folder with each benefit explained.

I think they're running out of answers to get people to the games. Its the direction of the organization. I can't even say the product is bad, its mediocre. People are sick of not making the playoffs, but then also not getting any star talent in the draft b/c of where we are picking.

My rep didn't even make a sales pitch when I said I was going to have to think about renewing. He was friendly as always, but almost defeated in that he's expecting people to not renew. Just my personal feel. I could be wrong.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#42 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:38 am

I feel sorry for those reps. They try hard but have a terrible product to sell. They've got to be all complaining to each other in private that they have to go out and sell ticket increases along with less benefits with the packages.

At some point you've got to have some accomplishments or a top draft pick to sell. They have neither.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JBucks
Analyst
And1: 393

Post#43 » by JBucks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:40 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I feel sorry for those reps. They try hard but have a terrible product to sell. They've got to be all complaining to each other in private that they have to go out and sell ticket increases along with less benefits with the packages.

At some point you've got to have some accomplishments or a top draft pick to sell. They have neither.

I was approached by a rep last year at some promotional event off-site from the BC and immediately told him I wouldn't be buying anything until Hammond was let loose. The look I got back was priceless.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#44 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:48 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I feel sorry for those reps. They try hard but have a terrible product to sell. They've got to be all complaining to each other in private that they have to go out and sell ticket increases along with less benefits with the packages.

Yeah I feel bad for anybody on commission. What have they had to sell in the last 10 years? Andrew Bogut in 2005-06 would've been a big one. Brandon Jennings/Bogut after the FTD run slightly, but BJ3 kinda faltered at the end of that season to kill some buzz. All-Star Redd came after the Big 3/Karl era was dismantled so buzz was down. Richard Jefferson wasn't a big enough name. Skiles didn't have any Finals experience to drum up buzz. Monta Ellis wasn't a household name. And the team hasn't been out of the 1st round in 12 years. Not much there.
marques-8
Junior
And1: 34

Post#45 » by marques-8 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:26 am

I keep hoping this ticket renewal info is just a bad dream ! At some point, and before it is totally irreversable ,the Bucks have to realize,these new policies are just terrible. Everywhere you read, season ticket holders are very upset and angry over the support we have given this team, only to be asked to give more and receive less both on and off the court. Last fan out,please turn off the lights!
RealAbstract
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#46 » by RealAbstract » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:37 am

My friends talked me into renewing for this year and I'm regretting it. I won't be back next year. I am a die hard fan for many years, but man it's hard to go to all the games in my 21 pack.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#47 » by InsideOut » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:16 am

JBucks wrote:
I was approached by a rep last year at some promotional event off-site from the BC and immediately told him I wouldn't be buying anything until Hammond was let loose. The look I got back was priceless.

I had a similar experience. A rep got my name off a list in Milwaukee magazine. He was calling all the names and trying to talk me into season tickets and how I could use it for entertaining people. I thought it showed some real hustle on his part to be cold calling people. I ended up getting into a long debate with the guy but we kept it respectful and he was a very nice guy and we agreed to disagree. I said they have no direction and he said give it time. I said I've been waiting over a decade. He said we were close.

I felt bad and was even embarrassed for the guy as he was trying to get me pumped to spend thousands to watch the same movie I've watched the past dozen years. He did offer me a free pair of great seats for this season but I never even bothered to call him this season.. When you can't give away seats for $6 I can't imagine trying to talk people into spending thousands on an inferior product.
Charcoal Filtered
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#48 » by Charcoal Filtered » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:01 am

milwaukee bunks wrote:
My renewal went from ~$17,400 per seat, to ~$20,500 per seat, .

Pretty lame adding $70 per seat for food. If it was such a success, you would think they would not have to force anyone to buy it.

Checked your STB's and like the parking, upgrades, and ticket exchanges. Resale market is pretty soft and would have a tough time being a season ticket holder there though. Blazers started giving discounts according to how many years you have been with the team. I think everyone here is afraid to give up their seats because of it.
The NBA: Where convicted tax evader Ken Mauer happens to officiate.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#49 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Blazers started giving discounts according to how many years you have been with the team. I think everyone here is afraid to give up their seats because of it.

The Bucks started this 2 years ago and last year had an excellent loyalty program imo. It was tiered out by years of being holder, you got a ton of ticket bank money, additional concessions, and they would increase your exchanges (half season). Now they eliminated the ticket bank, cut the concession amount, and eliminated the program altogether for the half season. So now people are p*ssed b/c they are taking stuff away. They should've just started out with small benefits instead of going big, and pulling stuff away from us. Nobody would be complaining over something we've never had.

I do have a hard time giving up my tenure if you will. Next year will be year 5 and often puts a person in the next tier. So I'm debating paying for next year and seeing if they bring back benefits. Or just saying the hell with it.
marques-8
Junior

Post#50 » by marques-8 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:54 pm

Totally agree with you. How did the Bucks ever think STH would ever be happy over these price increases and perk cutbacks. It is a terrible "reward" for loyalty!
Toodles1980
Junior
And1: 177

Post#51 » by Toodles1980 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:26 pm

I just spoke to my ticket rep, and explained that the biggest reason I wouldn be unlikely to renew is the lack of a ticket exchange. The ticket bank is very nice, as were the concession gift cards and other things, but tr ticket exchange is the lynchpin to me. I can't commit to 21 games on a schedule they determine, and even if I could sell my tickets to games I can't attend (something we all know is false), that's not why I bought my ticket. I enjoy going to the games. Apparently I wasn't alone in this, and my rep hinted that there may be some "tweaks" to the benefits for half season ticket holders. My guess is they were hoping to push more people into full season tickets, but this plan is backfiring.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#52 » by REDDzone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:28 pm

JBucks wrote:I was approached by a rep last year at some promotional event off-site from the BC and immediately told him I wouldn't be buying anything until Hammond was let loose. The look I got back was priceless.

This is where I'm at. Despite moving back to Milwaukee a year ago I haven't been to a game and don't plan to until Hammond is gone at the LEAST, and possibly not until we have new ownership.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#53 » by chuckleslove » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:33 pm

I was in Squad 6 for 2 seasons and missed a total of maybe 5-10 games over a 2 year period, the FTD year and the year after, missed a few for work related things and the like and nothing else.

I haven't been to a game in 2 years since then and don't see myself attending anytime soon. I will watch very rarely on TV, I check the box scores but that is about it or if I'm driving for work and the game is on I'll tune in on the radio.

I am so apathetic towards the team that there is no way I would consider season tickets right now even if they were free courtside tickets.

Kohl is culprit number 1 in my book and I don't see allowing myself to become emotionally invested in the team until he is gone.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#54 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:58 pm

Toodles1980 wrote:I just spoke to my ticket rep, and explained that the biggest reason I wouldn be unlikely to renew is the lack of a ticket exchange. The ticket bank is very nice, as were the concession gift cards and other things, but tr ticket exchange is the lynchpin to me. I can't commit to 21 games on a schedule they determine, and even if I could sell my tickets to games I can't attend (something we all know is false), that's not why I bought my ticket. I enjoy going to the games. Apparently I wasn't alone in this, and my rep hinted that there may be some "tweaks" to the benefits for half season ticket holders. My guess is they were hoping to push more people into full season tickets, but this plan is backfiring.

I 100% agree on the ticket exchange. That at least allowed me flexibility. If they were to bring that back, at least now we're talking. Glad they may be getting some backlash. Clearly with this thread still going there is more than a handful of people not happy.

For me I think I think it could've been a few scenarios...

1. They've hit the point where the season ticket holders they have, will always be there thus why throw all of these incentives at us.
2. They were expecting to make a big splash at the deadline and people would be so excited that emotionally they would buy right back in no matter what. That obviously fell through.
3. Budget cuts, with the attendance they are looking for alternate ways to generate revenue. They thought this would make people buy full season plans, spend money on concession out of their pocket, etc.

I think its going to backfire unless they start tossing benefits at us. I think any half season if more likely to stop than go all-in.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#55 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:02 pm

REDDzone wrote:
JBucks wrote:I was approached by a rep last year at some promotional event off-site from the BC and immediately told him I wouldn't be buying anything until Hammond was let loose. The look I got back was priceless.

This is where I'm at. Despite moving back to Milwaukee a year ago I haven't been to a game and don't plan to until Hammond is gone at the LEAST, and possibly not until we have new ownership.

New ownership would be nice. Its an organization that really could use a fresh perspective and new direction. Alot of things just feel stale about everything in the org.
Limca
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#56 » by Limca » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 pm

I've been a season ticket holder for 14 years but I'm done. I have 4 seats (half-season) in the lower bowl 226 Row J. I love my seats but I can't stomach paying 5-6K per year anymore. Granted it's a business expense (I give about 50-75% of the tix to clients and employees) but this team is so disgusting right now it makes me sick.

My whole Bucks experience took a major turn for the worse last year when my ticket rep quit (lockout) and the new rep has never really contacted me. I just got a bill a few days ago for this year's tickets which were SUPPOSED to be charged to my CC last summer. (As a side note when I got the new rep I immediately checked her out on FB and at the time it said "favorite teams - Lakers". Guess they can't even find anyone that cares about this team to sell tix). Also I used to goto the season ticket holder special pregame meetings/dinners etc. but not anymore. I've had it.

I'm still a fan, will go to the games, listen/watch/goto games (stub hub, scalpers), but I'm not going to make any kind of committment as a season ticket holder. Why should I commit my hard earned dollars when this organization can't even commit to a direction??
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#57 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:52 pm

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#58 » by averageposter » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 pm

I did a little checking in case anyone cares about the Full season lower bowl. Concession cards are still there, I still have the $400 I would normally get, its now called Arena Credit. Vouchers and ticket bank were combined into something called ticket credit, this can be used for additional tickets or game day upgrade. It appears I lose a little here as I used to get multiple Vouchers and Ticket Bank, now I'll get credits proportional to my consecutive years in, and the total credits seem a bit low compared to the sum total buying power before. I can still ticket exchange for future games but can't recover ones I don't use after the fact. For me, I take a minor hit on the new ticket credit but all else remains the same.
marques-8
Junior

Post#59 » by marques-8 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:45 pm

I don't believe the Arena credit will work the same as a concession card.It sounds like you will get a set amount for each game.If you don't use the full amount for that game it will not carry over.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#60 » by averageposter » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:56 pm

marques-8 wrote:I don't believe the Arena credit will work the same as a concession card.It sounds like you will get a set amount for each game.If you don't use the full amount for that game it will not carry over.

He told me it wouldn't carry over season to season but didn't say anything about a per game basis. I believe it will still be a pre loaded CC so I'm not sure how'd they regulate a per game thing.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks