ImageImage

Are the Bucks the worst run team? (Post trade vent thread)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Re: Are the Bucks the worst run team? (Post trade vent threa 

Post#201 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:51 am

harris looks like the goods but couldnt get off the bench. my sense is theres something to that. its possible hes a kinder, gentler marshawn brooks type of talent. if thats true then this was a solid deal.

the main thing im annoyed about is that montas still here. his game has fallen apart. its hard to feel excited about a playoff run with the way hes playing right now.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,743

Post#202 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:52 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
DrugBust wrote:
The absolute worst thing this franchise could do would be to give Smith the max.

It wasn't all about acquiring Smith, although he and Larry would have made a ridiculous inside duo and brought some excitement to this town.

What today said that we really think the Jennings/Monta backcourt is going to work and we're willing to continue to support it.

Today also said we don't mind matching Jennings this summer or letting Monta walk and negating an asset from the Bogut trade.

And today also reinforced that the GM we have running things is incapable of getting any deals done. He's failed time and again to be able to close. You can say you were happy this deal fell through, but that doesn't negate the serious problem that Hammond lacks a critical skill required of an NBA GM.

I don't disagree with any of this. But the Bucks turned a C- asset into B. And hey, I really like Redick, and I hate Monta Ellis. Any second Redick takes from him is **** great. Watching him and Ersan around the wings while Sanders defends the paint is going to make watching the Bucks better.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#203 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:53 am

randy84 wrote:True story: JJ Redick's career FG% is worse than Monta Ellis'.

Look up the TS%.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#204 » by drew881 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:54 am

blazza18 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:What today said that we really think the Jennings/Monta backcourt is going to work and we're willing to continue to support it.

And that's the scariest thing. How they have this point of view is mind blowing.

i don't think this is true. I think we kept Monta to try to increase our chances of re-signing Josh Smith. We got played by Atlanta and now we have an awkward guard rotation on a 7-8 seed team. With Smith, and the assumption we could be a 4-5 seed team, it seems more likely that Ellis, Jennings, and Redick would be more selfless for the prospects of a good playoff run. What we have now will just be awkward.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,376

Post#205 » by randy84 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:55 am

weezybaby856 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:I just don't see trading for Redick alone does anything. This only slightly lowers the chances of us missing the playoffs and to do that we got rid of two young guys that would of helped us long term. Pointless trade.

I really like JJ but I doubt he can take us to a place we weren't already headed to this season anyway.

Typical Kohl/Hammond move.

I think u make a valid point but I also think u can make the opposite point as well. I'm not trying to say Redick puts us over any sort of hump into actual contention but what he does offer is something we truly lack.

This team was headed down the wrong path IMO because its not a hard strategy to just force the Bucks team pre trade deadline to beat u with jumpshots as the whole world knows its just something we cannot do. We added an element that helps break that strategy against and opens up the floor more. Little things like that can go a long way.

I know I'm totally gonna get torched for saying this but as of right now, playing Redick on the wing with Monta and Brandon, Ersan stretching the 4 spot and Larry down low is the best team we can put on the floor and its really a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses because we now have 2 efficient shooters to open up the middle for Brandon and Monta.

Now if the swag idiots continue to settle for long 2s and don't use this to their full advantage by driving and making plays for teammates, then this was all for nothing. But we need to see how this plays out before we call for Hammonds head because it has a great chance to work.

Redick can guard a plethora of wings in the league so running him at the 3 is no less of a disadvantage than MDJ and certainly not Moute who is overrated to begin with and couldn't make a jumpshot over my little sister.

So now Monta and Jennings are going to stop shooting long 2s because Redick is on the team? Why wouldn't they stop shooting them with Dunleavy on the team since he is an actual SF that can hit the three also?
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Post#206 » by JayMKE » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:56 am

drew881 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:What today said that we really think the Jennings/Monta backcourt is going to work and we're willing to continue to support it.

And that's the scariest thing. How they have this point of view is mind blowing.

i don't think this is true. I think we kept Monta to try to increase our chances of re-signing Josh Smith. We got played by Atlanta and now we have an awkward guard rotation on a 7-8 seed team. With Smith, and the assumption we could be a 4-5 seed team, it seems more likely that Ellis, Jennings, and Redick would be more selfless for the prospects of a good playoff run. What we have now will just be awkward.

I dunno, there were reports that Monta turned down a 2 year extension. I think it's pretty clear that they think Monta is a valuable piece to this team.
FREE GIANNIS
RickInCali
Junior
And1: 1

Post#207 » by RickInCali » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:42 am

This is the most inept management in sports. Dalembert is leaving for nothing. You're left to hope that Monta leaves for nothing and you gave up Bogut for what exactly? You're left to hope that BJ leaves for nothing rather than paying him 4/$44m or more. You could have sold high on Dunleavy too and you hope he leaves for nothing rather than overpaying him at his age. Reddick rented for 30 games before you overpay AND give up Tobias and a competent backup PG - or you simply let him go. Tobes for a 30-game rental of Reddick. This is a tragedy for this franchise unless they let everyone go and start over, and they are demonstrably too stupid to do this. I am left to hope that Kohl and Hambone enter into and complete a murder suicide pact -- and I hope they die slowly and as painfully as possible.
We all need hope, but hope is not a plan.
JBucks
Analyst
And1: 393

Post#208 » by JBucks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:45 am

RickInCali wrote:This is the most inept management in sports. Dalembert is leaving for nothing. You're left to hope that Monta leaves for nothing and you gave up Bogut for what exactly? You're left to hope that BJ leaves for nothing rather than paying him 4/$44m or more. You could have sold high on Dunleavy too and you hope he leaves for nothing rather than overpaying him at his age. Reddick rented for 30 games before you overpay AND give up Tobias and a competent backup PG - or you simply let him go. Tobes for a 30-game rental of Reddick. This is a tragedy for this franchise unless they let everyone go and start over, and they are demonstrably too stupid to do this. I am left to hope that Kohl and Hambone enter into and complete a murder suicide pact -- and I hope they die slowly and as painfully as possible.

This is a good point that no one is talking about. What the hell is Dalembert still doing in a Bucks uniform - particularly so long after his 35 point game in Denver? Hammond, you are so ******* inept.
The_Answer
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#209 » by The_Answer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:20 am

It may not have been the ideal trade and while you still have Ellis, you guys are significantly underrating the impact JJ Redick has on a basketball game. He's instantly the smartest player you have on the floor, and if there's virtually any offensive system in place it'll flourish with him in the game.

He's the ideal wing player to pair with Jennings.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#210 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:22 am

The_Answer wrote:It may not have been the ideal trade and while you still have Ellis, you guys are significantly underrating the impact JJ Redick has on a basketball game. He's instantly the smartest player you have on the floor, and if there's virtually any offensive system in place it'll flourish with him in the game.

I'm looking forward to watching him play.
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#211 » by jtrinaldi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:23 am

If you thought today was bad, wait until the Bucks offer Monta the Max
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#212 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:33 am

DrugBust wrote:But the Bucks turned a C- asset into B.

I agree with this. I'm not a guy who thinks we gave away our future in Tobias Harris.

If Redick calms Baddy down like Ridnour did, this could pay off.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
RealAbstract
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#213 » by RealAbstract » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:46 am

Rumor is Bucks didn't do the Josh Smith deal because it's Monta Ellis Bobblehead Night this Saturday.
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#214 » by sdn40 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:52 am

Just wondering two things.

If we know Ellis sucks, and every important stat says Ellis sucks, wouldn't you think that every NBA GM knows Ellis sucks ? People act as if Ellis is a hot commodity. Did anyone ever think the obvious, the fact that no one wants Ellis therefore you can't formulate a trade for Ellis ? Its the same across every sport. Fans think that you can trade garbage away for some sort of value as if other teams don't know what we know.

This isn't the 1980's. Tanking in this era of watered down college basketball is just as much a crapshoot as a risky trade. Joe Alexander was taken 8th overall. The chances of a lottery bust are higher than ever and only going to get worse.

I'm not saying I am in favor of the organization, if anything I would say the NBA is broken and won't soon be fixed.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#215 » by europa » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:56 am

sdn40 wrote:People act as if Ellis is a hot commodity.

I've long been skeptical of Ellis' trade value. We can't be the only ones who realize how bad this guy is.
Nothing will not break me.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#216 » by whatthe_buck!? » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:59 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
DrugBust wrote:But the Bucks turned a C- asset into B.

I agree with this. I'm not a guy who thinks we gave away our future in Tobias Harris.

If Redick calms Baddy down like Ridnour did, this could pay off.

This is an interesting point. It's safe to say that Redick is the best real PG Baddy is going to play next to besides Incredible Hulk Salmons for two months as a rookie right?
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#217 » by paul » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:13 am

Nah, we rock.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#218 » by Nebula1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:15 am

paul wrote:Nah, we rock.

:lol: good enough for me
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#219 » by paul » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:16 am

DrugBust wrote:
The_Answer wrote:It may not have been the ideal trade and while you still have Ellis, you guys are significantly underrating the impact JJ Redick has on a basketball game. He's instantly the smartest player you have on the floor, and if there's virtually any offensive system in place it'll flourish with him in the game.

I'm looking forward to watching him play.

As am I.

Also, this trade eats ass.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#220 » by Nebula1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:17 am

Just an aside: BIG fan of all the locked threads. Way to clean up the board Mods.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks