ImageImageImageImageImage

Stop Going to Games -- Crawford for Nothing Protest Rant

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Stop Going to Games -- Crawford for Nothing Protest Rant 

Post#1 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:19 am

To trade a 24-year old player who AVERAGED 19-6-5 in December for NOTHING is unacceptable.

http://www.fireerniegrunfeld.com/

I am tired of this team. I hate this GM's work. I think people are being held hostage by Ted Leonsis. He wasn't around when they were the Baltimore Bullets. He wasn't around for the Capitol Bullets. He wasn't a part of Wes, Elvin, Bobby D.

Ted Leonsis is running this into the ground, crapping on the fans, and his inept GM is smugly doing business as usual.

Leonsis owns the Wizards but he doesn't own me. What needs to happen is people stop going to the games. Stop talking about the team. And stop patronizing this LOSER!

I loved the Wizards 30 years before this abominable GM was hired. These guys are terrible and the team is terrible and they are making it worse with decisions so STUPID it is SICKENING.

Years of this is getting old.

I hope people just stop supporting them and make Leonsis give up the Wizards.

http://www.fireerniegrunfeld.com/
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,111

Re: Stop Going to Wizard Games Until Ted Sells or Ernie is F 

Post#2 » by AFM » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:25 am

Hear, hear!

I'm younger than most posters here so I don't even understand the pain you guys have put yourself through.
I think at this point we all have some absurd form of Stockholm's syndrome.
Deivy202
Senior
And1: 9

Post#3 » by Deivy202 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:40 am

i hate ernie more than vinny cerrito atleast vinny got some big names to keep us hyped up this clown is not even bringing in big names which in the NBA is a must.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,151

Post#4 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:45 am

meh. I'm over it.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#5 » by mohammed10 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:53 am

Zonkerbl wrote:meh. I'm over it.

Over it or numb to it?

I think CCJ is onto something here.

Clearly Terd has no idea how to be an owner. All of his teams (Wizards, Caps and Mystics are cellar dwellers)

BOYCOTT NOW
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#6 » by MJG » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:54 am

Just stop watching the games altogether if you haven't already, I say. You won't know what you're talking about on this board, sure, but you'll be freeing up 5-10 hours of your week and have a higher quality of life for it.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#7 » by Knighthonor » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:10 pm

iam out. Not getting my money anymore you piece of (bleep)! I want EG gone!!!
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#8 » by Knighthonor » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:12 pm

AFM wrote:Hear, hear!

I'm younger than most posters here so I don't even understand the pain you guys have put yourself through.
I think at this point we all have some absurd form of Stockholm's syndrome.

Stockholm Syndrome for who? EG? not at all. His (bleep) can start packing.

Hey they can bring me in and I would help move his stuff out of there faster if they need a helping hand! :x
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#9 » by closg00 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:35 pm

GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#10 » by GhostsOfGil » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:25 pm

More like battered girlfriend syndom.
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#11 » by Soup's Uncle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:31 pm

I find it hard to watch games knowing that the dude behind the wheel from a player personnel stand point clearly has no vision of what's going on. I say keep going to games (tickets are only like 40 cents), but everyone bring the paper bag masks out.
F Street = Wall Street
RealGM

Post#12 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Soup, it might be better to go to the games but show displeasure if they allow you to wear the bags. ESPN can pick up on that.

I would be just as pleased if every time they show Leonsis or Ernie's face at least 1000 fans simultaneously loudly boo them. I would boo the hell out of Grunfeld and Leonsis. Their work truly is disgusting.
Bye bye Beal.
bgroban
Junior
And1: 48

Post#13 » by bgroban » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Soup, it might be better to go to the games but show displeasure if they allow you to wear the bags. ESPN can pick up on that.

I would be just as pleased if every time the show Leonsis or Ernie's face at least 1000 fans simultaneously loudly boo them. I would boo the hell out of Grunfeld and Leonsis. Their work truly is disgusting.

This fanbase deserves better.

When does football season start? :lol:
bgroban
Junior
And1: 48

Post#14 » by bgroban » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Soup, it might be better to go to the games but show displeasure if they allow you to wear the bags. ESPN can pick up on that.

I would be just as pleased if every time the show Leonsis or Ernie's face at least 1000 fans simultaneously loudly boo them. I would boo the hell out of Grunfeld and Leonsis. Their work truly is disgusting.

Which is why Wall trades should be explored soon. He's not sticking around this mess.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#15 » by pineappleheadindc » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:53 pm

I think Jim actually DID this a time or two. I recall seeing pictures posted -- and I think he also made it into the Washington Post (a photo of him wearing the bag over his head).
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#16 » by jivelikenice » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:12 pm

I'm going tonight....I love my bball and want to see the young backcourt grow. This protest nonsense doesn't work. Losing Jordan Crawford, who I wasn't a fan of and didn't have any value around the league isn't going to break me....LOL His greatest value was to this team. If he wasn't going to accept a 6th man type role and play behind Beal, it was good to get him out. You don't want destructive forces around your yr 19 yr old building blocks. We have our upcoming lotto pick, we have the ability to take on salary in a deal because Beal is on his rookie deal, and we have two big expirings. I'm giving it one more yr. If they re-boot again (i.e. trade Wall & tank the next couple of yrs), I'll reconsider.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#17 » by Illuminaire » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:14 pm

As I posted yesterday in the Random Thoughts thread yesterday, I'm going one step further CCJ. I've officially broken up with the Wizards. If they want me back as a fan, they'll need to prove that they've made a real change on the inside.

Firing EG and hiring someone with a clue would be a solid first step.

Illuminaire wrote:Dear Former Team,

Washington Wizards, you were fun for a while. We had some really good years. I mean, I always suspected that you weren't as into us as I was... I was always looking to make a long term commitment, and you were always trying to shave salary or trade away our best young players. Still, I will always remember how you looked when Gilbert was draining threes and making swag an everyday word. Those were special times.

Part of me will always love you. I know that. But I also know that you're just no good for me anymore. You don't care about me the way I used to care about you, and you don't want to change. You're happy being the laughingstock of the NBA... and I'm not.

I can do better than you, Wizards. I always could. I stuck by you when I thought you could change, when I thought you could BE the team I wanted you to be. But I know better now. You're no good for me, and I'm done with that.

We'll still be friends. I'll watch Beal and Wall. Hell, I'll finally be able to enjoy it when the team wins games it shouldn't, pushing them away from a draft pick they desperately need to actually be relevant. I'll be able to appreciate what's good about you when I don't have to care about the bad.

One last thing - thank you. Without the torment of living with such a screwed up team, I never would have found such an amazing community of people to share my pain with. I'm going to keep on with them. In a very real way, they've become more important to me than the team that brought us together in the first place.

See you later, Wizards. I'm sure you'll find some other fan to fill my place. As for me, I'll be playing the field. I have a date with the Spurs tonight, and maybe the Rockets later in the week... I've always wanted to spend time with a smart franchise... not that you would know anything about that, right?

- Sincerely,
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#18 » by jivelikenice » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:20 pm

Let me clarify, I do think the organization screwed up here. The screw up was not getting rid of Jordan sooner. I wrote Ted after the deadline last year and told him one knucklehead was left. He tried to defend Jordan and said I read to much into some of his comments but anyone with common sense could have seen this coming for a long time. Jordan, while more efficient now than before, is a ball stopper who doesn't make those around him better and is terrible on D. He's also too smal to play the 3, so I don't get how they ever envisioned this 3 guard lineup working considering none of them could share the court together. Did anyone think that Jordan would accept being a 19 yr olds backup? The FO should have identified these issues up front and moved in on draft day or in this past offseason.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,598

Post#19 » by pancakes3 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:33 pm

I think one of Whitman's greatest shortcomings is not motivating Crawford to become a more judicious shooter. Crawford is a ball of talent, no doubt. However, his ego and decisionmaking is severely lacking. I think with the proper coaching, he would have made for a 6th man candidate.
Bullets -> Wizards
RealGM

Post#20 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:40 pm

jivelikenice wrote:Let me clarify, I do think the organization screwed up here. The screw up was not getting rid of Jordan sooner. I wrote Ted after the deadline last year and told him one knucklehead was left. He tried to defend Jordan and said I read to much into some of his comments but anyone with common sense could have seen this coming for a long time. Jordan, while more efficient now than before, is a ball stopper who doesn't make those around him better and is terrible on D. He's also too smal to play the 3, so I don't get how they ever envisioned this 3 guard lineup working considering none of them could share the court together. Did anyone think that Jordan would accept being a 19 yr olds backup? The FO should have identified these issues up front and moved in on draft day or in this past offseason.

+1

When the Wizards drafted Beal it was obvious they were heading in a different direction. What they did was raise Jordan's numbers and his game early this season. However, instead of getting something for him when they might have (when Wall returned), they got nothing in a forced move just to get rid of Crawford (at the deadline).

This GM and owner are losers who always come out on the short end of trades. This went the way their deals go.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards