ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA TRADE DEADLINE NEWS

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Re: NBA TRADE DEADLINE NEWS 

Post#81 » by myersia » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:27 pm

Lakers-Texas wrote:Any news on...sigh....Raja Bell? I really think we need a one more shooter on this team. Meeks is too inconsistent to handle the 3 point duty.

Nope Jazz did nothing
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#82 » by Jetset » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:53 pm

No big deal he's a FA after this season, LA can pick him up then if they still want him.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#83 » by JohnVancouver » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:58 pm

Lakers-Texas wrote:How does the Celtics trade a injured Barbosa for Jordan Crawford? SMH...........

I said same thing, but LB is expiring
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#84 » by TyCobb » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:00 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cg_A-zCkIE[/youtube]

0 more days!
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,464

Post#85 » by dockingsched » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:01 pm

i'm disappointed the jazz didn't move milsap and/or aljeff. guess they're committed to their playoff run.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#86 » by Jetset » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:04 pm

TyCobb wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cg_A-zCkIE[/youtube]

0 more days!

Only 2,190 more days!
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#87 » by Slava » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:11 pm

dockingsched wrote:i'm disappointed the jazz didn't move milsap and/or aljeff. guess they're committed to their playoff run.

I wanted this more than a Lakers trade. That would have automatically opened the golden door for us to walk right through to the playoffs.

Bucks and Houston just won this trade deadline and Houston have won everything but an NBA title since last summer. Bill Simmons sums up:

Dork Elvis went into the summer with a slew of "if"s and came out of it with a franchise guy (Harden), two starters on fair contracts (Lin and Asik), the fifth overall pick AND cap space for 2013. That's spectacular. I'm so happy that he's not getting fired, and that he won't be moving into my guest room. What do you think of Houston's playoff chances?
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
my2bits
Junior
And1: 57

Post#88 » by my2bits » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Standing pat right now does nothing but re-enforce my belief that the Lakers only focus on the big splashy moves. For years we have allowed unused/unwanted players to just draw a paycheck while never affording them an opportunity to grow. Again, the Lakers have not proven to be a nurturing or patient environment for young , unproven players. That's why they don't bother to acquire low risk/reward players (a'la Ronnie Brewer, Sam Young, Terence Williams or Delonte West) who could be better fits for the roster. When was the last time they brought in a ten day contract player?
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#89 » by Guy986 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:45 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:
dockingsched wrote:i'm disappointed the jazz didn't move milsap and/or aljeff. guess they're committed to their playoff run.

I wanted this more than a Lakers trade. That would have automatically opened the golden door for us to walk right through to the playoffs.

Bucks and Houston just won this trade deadline and Houston have won everything but an NBA title since last summer. Bill Simmons sums up:

Dork Elvis went into the summer with a slew of "if"s and came out of it with a franchise guy (Harden), two starters on fair contracts (Lin and Asik), the fifth overall pick AND cap space for 2013. That's spectacular. I'm so happy that he's not getting fired, and that he won't be moving into my guest room. What do you think of Houston's playoff chances?

But Houston is worse short term. They lost their two rotational PF. Patterson is more important to the success of the Rockets than people think.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by Slava » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:46 pm

When was the last time a 10-day player not named Jeremy Lin amounted for anything? We have done far too well to get some quality role players like Ariza, Shannon Brown, Clark recently and even before that the acquisitions of Mo Evans etc was a bit underrated.

We developed Sasha, Farmar and Turiaf into good role players as well.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by Slava » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:47 pm

Guy986 wrote:But Houston is worse short term. They lost their two rotational PF. Patterson is more important to the success of the Rockets than people think.

You guys lost quite a bit of floor spacing in the short term but is it big enough to shift you a spot up or down in the playoff race? I'm not sure if its a major impact even in the short term.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#92 » by EArl » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:58 pm

We should seriously pick up a big.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#93 » by BEazy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Well we can forget about Kenyon Martin as a option. Knicks signed him for 10 days.....

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#94 » by laduane1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:43 am

Came home from work and looked up the lakers to see if they did anything. Not even one minor trade to help the bench. The Celtics got the player I wanted the lakers to get. And they gave up a player who is out with a torn ACL. Lakers could not do better than that. That sucks.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#95 » by EArl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:45 am

Yeah we are all a bit disappointed.

Like someone mentioned above this has probably something to do with Dr. Buss's passing.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;

Return to Los Angeles Lakers