ImageImageImageImage

New Magic Lineup?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

ClashCityRocker
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Re: New Magic Lineup? 

Post#21 » by ClashCityRocker » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:45 am

Okay okay okay here's what it is....
He'd be good on a good team that relies on him to be maybe a tenth man but he's basically one of these guys that doesn't make plays happen off the ball. He's capable to getting a put back under the rim once in a while and is capable of dunking on a fast break but does anybody see this guy as someone who can be an asset in 4-5 years when we might be able to compete again? He's got a lot of ground to make up and I feel like plenty of youngens are gonna come along that could easily fill what he does for us now...on a bad team.
ClashCityRocker
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Post#22 » by ClashCityRocker » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:48 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:Well then you must have noticed he has a pretty nice post game. You didn't give him credit for that. He just needs to gain experience and work on his body.

You're right he does have a decent post game. I admit I did short him that. However he's undersized and you'd be hard-pressed to exploit that against any good team. Maybe if he fills out and I stop being so jaded I can accept him. For now it just sucks that he's a top scoring option.
Credit to you Magicstarwipe
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#23 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:09 am

He could turn out to be no better than Drew Gooden. We'll just have to wait and see. I think he's doing pretty well so far in his first season. We'll get plenty of time to evaluate him further as the tank train revs in to full gear.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,205

Post#24 » by thelead » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:12 am

OrlandO wrote:If Jones is playing ahead of Lamb at the end of the season, that's not a good sign. DJ will be out of this league very soon...

Lamb hasn't played a NBA game in almost 2 months, he's already ahead of DJ when it comes to being out of the league soon :lol:
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#25 » by arsenal6106 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:53 am

double post
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#26 » by arsenal6106 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:53 am

mbn23 wrote:PG - Nelson(for now)/Benu (future?)
SG - AA/Lamb? lol
SF - Harkless/Nicholson
PF - Nicholson/Harris
C - Vucevic/BBD

Not really sure who the back up to AA would be, nor the starting rotation with the SF AND PF positions.

I apologize ahead of time if there is a thread where this should be. I'm trying to be a bigger part of the boards here.

Looking forward to it!
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#27 » by OrlandO » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:36 am

thelead wrote:
OrlandO wrote:If Jones is playing ahead of Lamb at the end of the season, that's not a good sign. DJ will be out of this league very soon...

Lamb hasn't played a NBA game in almost 2 months, he's already ahead of DJ when it comes to being out of the league soon :lol:

:lol: but you know that's not really true. Only reason Jones gets time is because he's on a bad team that's had injuries. All he has to show for it is confirmation that he's all athleticism and nothing else. That's not good when you also consider that he was just a bench player in college who couldn't average more than 6pts through 4 years. He's here to take up space on the roster for cheap until 2014 at the latest. Lamb had a respectable college career: starter, championship run, shot lights out from the field and three. There's hope for him to at least be a bench player. That's why I'm saying it won't be good if he can't get more time than a undrafted college benchwarmer. He should be better, so if he can't prove it by the end of the year he could be on his way out just like Jones. If he's getting more burn, that's a step in the right direction.
Yab
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#28 » by Yab » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:43 am

Strapped In.

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#29 » by Skin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:07 am

Our goal is to be one of the worst 2 teams next season. That way we are guaranteed Wiggins or Parker.

Believe in the method!
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#30 » by MagicFan32 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:08 am

ClashCityRocker wrote:I still haven't seen anybody explain why we traded mcroberts to CHA for nothin...all that means is that we are treated to more playing time for Nicholson who has proven to be decent at 18 ft jumpers and almost downright terrible at anything else. He's E'Twaun Moore with less scoring ability. Am I missing something? From where I stand he's a scientist that makes bone-headed plays on the court.
IMO he's looking like a terrible pick drafted solely on character. How he made it to the rookie/sophomore game I will never understand.

Nicholson is averaging 12/7 this month on 53% shooting
his per36 numbers for the season come out to 18/8, pretty good for a worse scoring E'Twaun who by the way doesn't come close to that production
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#31 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:24 pm

I think one of the more overlooked pluses in this trade, is receiving a true point guard.
this will allow Moore to get back up SG minutes (probably about 10-12 per game, maybe a bit more if AA is still required to log SF minutes) instead of back up PG minutes (almost 20 per game).
I do think Jones will stay in the rotation at SG & SF as well.
Except that he probably will be starting the next 3 games at PG.

I always thought JJ was more like the facilitator with the second unit, so hopefully Beno can pick up that slack.

Nelson
AA
Harkless
Nicholson
Vuc

1st sub outs
Moore for AA
O'Quinn for Vuc

I don't see us going to the full second unit like we were, because of the new players so
Beno for Nelson
AA comes back in for Harkless
Hakeem for Nicholson
Vuc back in for O'Quinn

with a sprinkle of Harris and Jones when foul or injury trouble occur.

Our starting line-up becomes are finishing line up.

I think AA will be crucial cog, he already averages 36.5 min a game. ( I looked that up, didn't realize he was on the floor THAT much)

we need 3 scorers on the court at all times, my list of scorers on this team are:
AA
Nicholson
Vuc
Moore
Nelson
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,140

Post#32 » by OrlChamps2030 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:50 pm

From a quick glance I think the rotation will be something like:

Jameer/Beno/Moore
AA/Moore/Lamb
Harkless/Harris/DQJ
Nicholson/Harris/KOQ?
Vuc/KOQ

Top 2 pick guaranteed
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#33 » by BaunceyChillups » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:48 pm

ClashCityRocker wrote:I still haven't seen anybody explain why we traded mcroberts to CHA for nothin...all that means is that we are treated to more playing time for Nicholson who has proven to be decent at 18 ft jumpers and almost downright terrible at anything else. He's E'Twaun Moore with less scoring ability. Am I missing something? From where I stand he's a scientist that makes bone-headed plays on the court.
IMO he's looking like a terrible pick drafted solely on character. How he made it to the rookie/sophomore game I will never understand.

Andrew is the most efficient scorer on the team and actually draws fouls and gets free throws
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#34 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:08 pm

I just wish BBD would come back to teach these young-uns how to play defense. Because, it is getting really bad out there at times.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#35 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:06 pm

BaunceyChillups wrote:

Andrew is the most efficient scorer on the team and actually draws fouls and gets free throws

I think he and Vuc are pretty efficient, and once Harkless starts knocking down some of the 3s he takes, defenses will stop sagging and we can get them two more touches.
I really enjoyed how Andrew went at Dirk last game.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#36 » by drsd » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:44 pm

Zmill wrote:Top 2 pick guaranteed

If Orlando finishes with the worst record; something that currently looks probable; a top-6 pick is the guarantee.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#37 » by MoMM » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:24 pm

drsd wrote:
Zmill wrote:Top 2 pick guaranteed

If Orlando finishes with the worst record; something that currently looks probable; a top-6 pick is the guarantee.

It's a top 5 pick, iirc.
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,485

Post#38 » by doct3r dr3 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:15 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#39 » by drsd » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:43 am

Zmill wrote:From a quick glance I think the rotation will be something like:

Jameer/Beno/Moore
AA/Moore/Lamb
Harkless/Harris/DQJ
Nicholson/Harris/KOQ?
Vuc/KOQ

GM Hennigan is quote that the team will sign a D-leaguer. As Orlando's affiliate is Sioux Falls, the O-Sen jokingly wondered if it would by 7' 5" Will Foster.
http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/w ... index.html

Hmm; that would be funny to have a player on he roster whose core job is to help the team lose games.

magicaroni
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#40 » by magicaroni » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:22 pm

BaunceyChillups wrote:

Most efficient scorer on the team??? :roll:

Andrew will be a life long bench player. I wasn't a fan of his when we picked him. He runs flat footed, and lacks the athleticism and strength necessary to start in this league.

He has a decent post game, and a decent jumper. Outside of that he is below average. I'll be happy in 2 years when he is sitting behind a couple guys ahead of him on the depth chart. For now, he makes a good tank PF for the 2013-2014 season.

Return to Orlando Magic