ImageImageImageImageImage

Kobe: Lakers WILL make the playoffs

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

stunnar0b
Starter
And1: 121

Re: Kobe: Lakers WILL make the playoffs 

Post#21 » by stunnar0b » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:59 pm

We all know what he said when we were down 3-0 to the Mavs 2-3 years ago. we know how that...
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer

Post#22 » by AdonisDeMarion » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:15 am

Nobody would want to see the Lakers in the post season, The Spurs may tank games but I hope they wont I want them anyway. We have some unsettled business, we haven't played them since 08 in the conference finals.
RyanStorm
Rookie
And1: 5

Post#23 » by RyanStorm » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:30 am

They just lost their main man.....if that is not a reason to have an amazing comeback like a mighty ducks movie, then nothing will.....

Houston is your target, you play them 1 more time and that win would put you with in 2.5 games!!! Jazz are too deep to think both Hou and LAL could pass them, especially since Jazz own a 3-1 spread over Lakers(2 full games) and you don't face them again. You don't exactly have the easiest schedule and Hou does have a bunch of home games in a row, But I think you can do it.

Honestly I think your best shot is Golden State. You face them 2 more times, which right now would give you a nice boost. Meaning you would only need 3.5 games on them by playoffs which is super possible, especially with their recent losing streak.
RyanStorm
Rookie
And1: 5

Post#24 » by RyanStorm » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:36 am

I am sure by the end of next week Lakers will be in a position to just win Hou in later games, to surpass them.
Soul Chef Fresh
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#25 » by Soul Chef Fresh » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:09 am

I think people forgot that when the Lakers played OKC in the Western Conference Semis.. They had almost won Games 2 and 4.

Had those games been won, it would've been a 3-1 lead over OKC, who were the eventual champions of the Western Conference.

That Lakers squad wasn't better than this one. I still have faith that these guys can pull through against any team, especially now that Kobe is finally balancing the passing and scoring, making the correct basketball play rather than forcing the issue. I almost lost faith a couple times this year. It's been tough considering we've had the best starting 5 on paper.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#26 » by Beethoven » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:29 am

Wonderllama wrote:Go ahead, make the playoffs... another moral victory. But what's the point? This team would get swept by OKC.

What's the point in anything in life? Do you just wake up in the morning say "what's the point?" and just lie in bed The whole day every single morning?
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer

Post#27 » by AdonisDeMarion » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:30 am

Soul Chef Fresh wrote:I think people forgot that when the Lakers played OKC in the Western Conference Semis.. They had almost won Games 2 and 4.

Had those games been won, it would've been a 3-1 lead over OKC, who were the eventual champions of the Western Conference.

That Lakers squad wasn't better than this one. I still have faith that these guys can pull through against any team, especially now that Kobe is finally balancing the passing and scoring, making the correct basketball play rather than forcing the issue. I almost lost faith a couple times this year. It's been tough considering we've had the best starting 5 on paper.

indeed that series could've been 3-1 in our favor, The Spurs would've been next on the list and the the Heat, but moving onward. This team is much better than the one that faced OKC last spring, we jus need that last spot so we can upset the Spurs. Seeding has never been our problem, we won titles without the top seed before
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,904

Post#28 » by Jakay » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:06 am

RyanStorm wrote:They just lost their main man.....if that is not a reason to have an amazing comeback like a mighty ducks movie, then nothing will.....

Funny story. Being Canadian of course means I'm supposed to care about hockey. I swore that if a team named after a Disney movie ever won the cup, I would disavow the league. Lo and behold, haven't voluntarily watched a game in about a decade.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

Post#29 » by dockingsched » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:50 am

rest easy, they've simply been the ducks for a few yrs now
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#30 » by TyCobb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:54 am

Quack, quack, quack, quack...
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,904

Post#31 » by Jakay » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:26 am

dockingsched wrote:rest easy, they've simply been the ducks for a few yrs now

Meh, the whole league is a joke imo. Totally over it.
anarchy24
Pro Prospect
And1: 230

Post#32 » by anarchy24 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:28 pm

BlackBerry wrote:In Kobe I trust. Common Kobe, you know you liked that block + buzz against LeBron @ the all star game. Lets see Kobe vs LeBron. (I want Miami 2 win though:P). I bleed red for MIAMI

Lol. Image was too large. But you're on a Lakers board and bleed Miami Heat?
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#33 » by AcecardZ » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 pm

A statement like this from Kobe shouldn't be surprising. We all know he doesn't lack confidence. What would be surprising is if his prediction actually comes true as the Lakers certainly are underdogs to playoff at this point. I'm not saying they won't or can't make itS. Just saying they're not favorites to.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#34 » by Anklebreaker702 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:53 am

Lets do it!
VETERAN LAKER FAN
bossmangeo
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#35 » by bossmangeo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:23 am

GS Warriors just beat the spurs for the first time in about 6 years two game winning streak :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BlackBerry
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#36 » by BlackBerry » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:33 am

bossmangeo wrote:GS Warriors just beat the spurs for the first time in about 6 years two game winning streak :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not something you should be happy about if your a Lakers fan/ want lakers to be in the playoffs. We needed golden state to lose this one.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#37 » by Mirjalovic » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:26 am

BlackBerry wrote:
bossmangeo wrote:GS Warriors just beat the spurs for the first time in about 6 years two game winning streak :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not something you should be happy about if your a Lakers fan/ want lakers to be in the playoffs. We needed golden state to lose this one.

its sarcams
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers