ImageImageImageImage

The Tobias Harris Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,078

Re: The Tobias Harris Thread 

Post#81 » by tiderulz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Bensational wrote:
Lamb is another prospect to watch. he hasn't got very good size for a SG, or a good wingspan to compensate, but he can shoot well and he's got good handles. i was never too fussed when watching him last season, because he was never particularly great at anything, and he seemed to force a lot of his shots at times too. but, he can play well within structure when required to, so it's up to JV to give this team some structure.

6'5 with a 6'7 wing span is decent size for a SG. I wouldnt say that he does not have good size.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#82 » by OrlandO » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:55 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Bensational wrote:
Lamb is another prospect to watch. he hasn't got very good size for a SG, or a good wingspan to compensate, but he can shoot well and he's got good handles. i was never too fussed when watching him last season, because he was never particularly great at anything, and he seemed to force a lot of his shots at times too. but, he can play well within structure when required to, so it's up to JV to give this team some structure.

6'5 with a 6'7 wing span is decent size for a SG. I wouldnt say that he does not have good size.

certainly lengthier than Redick
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,718

Post#83 » by Ayt » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:59 pm

Javanar wrote:I want to see one of our youngesters to have a 30 pt game.

Tobes could do it if he got hot and you guys fed him the ball.
otownflava21
Sixth Man
And1: 100

Post#84 » by otownflava21 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:18 pm

Lamb is listed as 6'4 on NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/doron_lamb/

To me, I like what i hear from Lamb, and i like his background, but his size i fear will/can be a huge hinderance. He's certainly at LEAST as tall as JJ, and with a longer wingspan too.

I see the guy being as primarily a 2 guard.
NBlue
Rookie
And1: 714

Post#85 » by NBlue » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:21 pm

SmiteaDwight wrote:Just so that you guys know what you're getting in the deal in Ayon and Ish

Ayon: Painful player to watch, I'am really, really glad he's gone. Not really good at anything. Thinks he's steve nash with passes, forgets hes 6'10 and will force passes when he should shoot it next to the basket. Has no idea how to play defense. At all. Not athlete, just a really pitiful player, iam sorry you have him.

As for Ish, He could be a solid starter in the nba if he could just make a jumpshot. He has ELITE ballhandling skills, is a good passer and a surprising athlete who can dunk on you even at his height. His problem is that he cant shoot at all and makes questionable decisions. At this point his ack of shooting is so bad that he never, ever scores, although he will create shots with his speed.

You and I see these players differently.

As for Ish, he does have a good handle and is both athletic and super fast. However, its not his lack of shooting that holds him back but, rather, his lack of decision making ability. He has no clue how to run an offense and struggles mightily to get his teammates involved. While he has moments of some sweet plays he generally hurts the squad as he is not a team-oriented player. Generally, when one says such a thing its due to a player being selfish or having a bad attitude. WRT Ish, though, I don't know that is the case. Instead, its just that he does not have a clue how to play point. I actually like him -- just think he is a terrible pg.

As to Gus, while I agree with you he does tend to overpass on occasion I think if he was surrounded by better finishers his ability to pass would be more valued. He has a significant dirth of athleticism and though he can occasionally be a bit physical that is certainly not his thing. However, he was a favorite amongst his teammates for his willingness to get everyone involved and move the ball. I think he will do very well with the Bucks where you have much better finishers and experienced players. I, for one, will be sad to see Gus go.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#86 » by tiderulz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:49 pm

otownflava21 wrote:Lamb is listed as 6'4 on NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/doron_lamb/

To me, I like what i hear from Lamb, and i like his background, but his size i fear will/can be a huge hinderance. He's certainly at LEAST as tall as JJ, and with a longer wingspan too.

I see the guy being as primarily a 2 guard.

listed a hair under 6'5 measured at DraftExpress.

For comparison,
James Harden 6'5
OJ Mayo 6'4
Afflalo 6'5
Ray Allen 6'5
C.Lee 6'5

So i wouldnt worry too much about his size.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#87 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:54 pm

I wouldn't even mention Lamb in the same post as Mayo/Lee/Harden because Lamb has looked horrible out there and is shooting like 33% from the field. Harper wasn't even that bad.

But, I like this Harris kid. He shows some potential. Unfortunatley, he has that tweener position where he is too short for PF and too slow for SF. Those kinds of guys usually end up bench players.

Regardless, it will be fun the 2nd half of the season to see how he does. Because, he should get more than the 12mpg he got in Milwaukee on a playoff bound team.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#88 » by tiderulz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:27 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I wouldn't even mention Lamb in the same post as Mayo/Lee/Harden because Lamb has looked horrible out there and is shooting like 33% from the field. Harper wasn't even that bad.

But, I like this Harris kid. He shows some potential. Unfortunatley, he has that tweener position where he is too short for PF and too slow for SF. Those kinds of guys usually end up bench players.

Regardless, it will be fun the 2nd half of the season to see how he does. Because, he should get more than the 12mpg he got in Milwaukee on a playoff bound team.

Not going to give up on a kid who is in his first year out of college under a coach that isnt known to develop players. He was a good shooter in college, you dont just forget that in 6 months.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#89 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:39 pm

tiderulz wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I wouldn't even mention Lamb in the same post as Mayo/Lee/Harden because Lamb has looked horrible out there and is shooting like 33% from the field. Harper wasn't even that bad.

Not going to give up on a kid who is in his first year out of college under a coach that isnt known to develop players. He was a good shooter in college, you dont just forget that in 6 months.

that's what is tuff about being a late 1st, 2nd or un-drafted player,
it takes minutes to get your confidence, it's a lot of pressure to go in for 4 min and be expected to make your shots, all these players are not used to coming off the bench ever in their careers.
Give these guys some non pressured minutes and see what happens. (starting to come around for Harkless)
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#90 » by Skin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Doron Lamb.... young, cheap backup with potential to grow. Nothing to complain about there.

Until we're at the point of being a contender again, this is exactly how we should be filling up our bench spots. The last thing we need are career journeymen who are mediocre in their craft and have no upside.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#91 » by Horcy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Mannchild wrote:I dont think he meant anything against believers in god, it just seems like the Magic have had a lot of players lately who wear their religion on their sleeve.

CourtsideTV wrote:
la boomstick wrote:Tobias Harris ‏@tobias31

God is great! I walk in his path with his grace! #ThankyouLord

Eh. Could do without all that. But whatever.

Would it kill us to acquire some Atheists?

Yeah, we need some bad boys on the team. The last time we had one of them (Matt Barnes) we reached the finals... Sad but true :rofl:
I'm also tired of catholic crap (Howard for example) at the end it doesn't matter, they will fxxx your team if they need to.

P.S: God? Thank Henningham who brought you to the Orlando Magic boy :lol:
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#92 » by tiderulz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:24 pm

Barnes wasnt the reason the Magic reached the finals. Garnett being injured was.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#93 » by drsd » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Tobias Harris almost seems younger than Harkless. This two could bond and have a great off-season pushing each other in a friendly effort to start. That must be part of G Hennigan's thought process in this.

These kids are from about 50 miles apart!

Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Post#94 » by Noonskadoodle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:29 pm

Matt Barnes wasn't even on our finals team though, so.....
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#95 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:00 pm

I'll be watching this thread and more Magic games because Tobes is with you guys now, I think he's going to be a player.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#96 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Tobias has potential to replace JJ as our 6th man, and I like the most is what his presence will do for Harkless. I hope those two build a bond and challenge each other to get better.
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 300

Post#97 » by MagicHolland » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Noonskadoodle wrote:Matt Barnes wasn't even on our finals team though, so.....

LOL yeah I was reading that and I was like.. Is it just me? Or??.. Nah he wasn't on that Finals team..
Showbiz Bear
Rookie
And1: 477

Post#98 » by Showbiz Bear » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:13 pm

CourtsideTV wrote:
la boomstick wrote:
Skin wrote:Tobias Harris ‏@tobias31

God is great! I walk in his path with his grace! #ThankyouLord

Eh. Could do without all that. But whatever.

Would it kill us to acquire some Atheists?

What's wrong acquiring a believer of God? He can post whatever he wants on his Twitter. What should he say? #ThankTheRock?

And I can post whatever I want on here, within the terms of service. He can thank his family, he can thank the organization, he can thank a lot of people who have had an ACTIVE hand in his development. But no, it's cool to thank a flying spaghetti monster, if that's your bag.
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 300

Post#99 » by MagicHolland » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:14 pm

tiderulz wrote:Barnes wasnt the reason the Magic reached the finals. Garnett being injured was.

I know this has been debated many times, I still disagree with that statement. We didn't have our All-Star PG, nobody cares about that.

I really think you discredit the chemistry and the overall play of our team during that run. We just clicked and everybody knew their role. Even Dwight during that time was so great because he focused on his defense.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#100 » by RookieStar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:36 pm

MagicHolland wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Barnes wasnt the reason the Magic reached the finals. Garnett being injured was.

I know this has been debated many times, I still disagree with that statement. We didn't have our All-Star PG, nobody cares about that.

I really think you discredit the chemistry and the overall play of our team during that run. We just clicked and everybody knew their role. Even Dwight during that time was so great because he focused on his defense.

THIS. Meer was a top 5 PG all star for me that time

Return to Orlando Magic