ImageImageImageImage

The Farewell JJ Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Javanar
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Re: The Farewell JJ Thread 

Post#61 » by Javanar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Javanar wrote:What makes him special is his high basketball IQ and his attitude. Everybody will miss him. I would prefer him to stay with a 5 mil. contract.

The sad part is, there are 2 ego-maniac guards in Milwaukee. Ilyasova uses long range shots too. I do not know how JJ will fit in their system.

In addition to that; Jennings and Ellis contracts are also expiring this summer. I do not think Milwaukee will be able to resign Jennings, Ellis and Redick at the same time. They will have to pay around 35-40 mil. for 3 guards if they do so.

He will probably change his team again this summer.

May be we can resign him, who knows.

Plenty of players there to Sign n Trade for even More talent.

hmmm...

Bird rights are traded with the players too. So Bucks have bird rights for Ellis, Redick and also Jennings, which will allow over-the cap teams to get them via sign & trade. You are right about that.

But giving big contract to a player and also sending some talent for a sign & trade can be too costly for a team.

It is a very risky situation for Bucks I think.
I am not a native English speaker...
Flannerz
Pro Prospect
And1: 499

Post#62 » by Flannerz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:34 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Magic still have BBD, so not all is lost!!!

*holds razor and looks at wrists*
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#63 » by Hilltop » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:32 pm

This is as depressing as the day Rashard Lewis was traded.

I really hope JJ lands that big contract. He deserves it.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#64 » by Horcy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:54 pm

Damn man, they day after the trade I'm missing JJ so much. And our team will miss his heart, skills and attitude a lot.

I think Henningham has made the best decision, even I don't know the new magic players very well. Losing JJ for nothing would have been very tough. This guy definitely doesn't want to be left by a FA :lol:

If Nick Anderson was traded, anyone on this organization can be traded :roll:

Sad day, I understand it was needed but I still hate goodbyes :roll:
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#65 » by RookieStar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Hilltop wrote:This is as depressing as the day Rashard Lewis was traded.

I really hope JJ lands that big contract. He deserves it.

Yes... Although would it be wrong to say I hope it is us that offers it to him?
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach
And1: 277

Post#66 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:02 am

JJ, it was a pleasure man, I enjoyed following you as a Magician, and will always be a Magic Alum, go play for a contender and get a ring, so i can root for that team just a little bit.
@InthemindofCP on Twitter, Find Me
Thehardwoodnation.com
Balls In Our Court Podcast Link: http://inthemindofcp.podomatic.com
Orlando Magic
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#67 » by damo[23] » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:57 am

Wish him all the best.

JJ came in and worked hard from day one, he improved himself so much over his period here, I actually think he worked himself to a starter level - well ahead of J-Rich, its a shame we never did just bite the bullet and drop the over paid JRich to the bench.

I am going to follow him at the bucks, really hope he goes on to do well there and flourish, he deserves it.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,026

Post#68 » by dsg2021 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:41 am

Man, it like hit me tonight even tho I knew it at 3 pm like most of us. Sad to see JJ go, wish him nothing but the best sincerely.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#69 » by Horcy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:18 am

CPBalla2003 n da 863 wrote:JJ, it was a pleasure man, I enjoyed following you as a Magician, and will always be a Magic Alum, go play for a contender and get a ring, so i can root for that team just a little bit.

Hmmm...he has been traded to the damn Bucks... :roll:
slamjunkie
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#70 » by slamjunkie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:20 am

you have my respect.

from the moment you were drafted, i was ecstatic. its been a fun ride seeing you grow into the player you are now. hope you end up back to your original team and retire a magician.

you will always be remembered as one of the team's all time greats.

thanks JJ.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#71 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:26 pm

slamjunkie wrote:you have my respect.

from the moment you were drafted, i was ecstatic. its been a fun ride seeing you grow into the player you are now. hope you end up back to your original team and retire a magician.

you will always be remembered as one of the team's all time greats.

thanks JJ.
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#72 » by jtrinaldi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:46 pm

Thank you guys for trading us a Young Dunleavy, the newest trade that has caused a 50 page hate thread for our management on the Bucks forum
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#73 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:52 pm

jtrinaldi wrote:Thank you guys for trading us a Young Dunleavy, the newest trade that has caused a 50 page hate thread for our management on the Bucks forum

Need to see this thread for myself... :lol:
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#74 » by OrlandO » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:09 pm

Excerpts from JJ interview after the trade:
“I think you can prepare yourself as much as you think you can,” Redick told the Orlando Sentinel in a phone interview after he received the news. “But when the moment comes, there’s certainly an initial shock, and I was shocked. The most difficult part was definitely saying bye to everybody, people that I’ve spent a lot of time with over the last seven years and built relationships with and built friendships with. That was difficult.

“There’s no really easy way to handle it,” he added later. “Trading is tough, tough. It’s my first time experiencing it: It’s tough.”

Redick and the Magic were still in Dallas when he caught wind of a possible deal around 2:30 p.m. Eastern, and he said he received a phone call from general manager Rob Hennigan “at about 2:59” to be told he was traded.

Redick, who is in the final year of his contract, said he hasn’t spoken with the Bucks yet about his long-term plans.

“I think with them bringing me in I assume they want to get into the playoffs, make a playoff run and try to get as high a seed as possible,” he said. “Hopefully, I can help them do that and we’ll deal with the summer when the summer happens.”

Hypothetically, he could sign with the Magic (as a free agent this summer), but he doesn’t see that as a realistic possibility because the Magic are headed in a different direction.

“I think that door is probably closed, and that’s just my assumption,” he said. “I can’t imagine a scenario where that would be the case. Will our paths cross at some point in the future? Who knows? But in terms of this summer, I don’t see that happening. I have no hard feelings. None whatsoever. I just can’t remember that ever happening in the NBA [where someone was traded and then signed a few months later].”

“I can’t overstate my level of gratitude for the Magic fans, for the Orlando community,” he said. “I get a little emotional thinking about it just now. But I truly believe it was the place where I became a man, an organization that was very good to me. I was just proud to have been a part of the ’09 team that made the Finals, proud to have been a part of six playoff teams. I’m grateful for the way the community embraced myself and [my wife] Chelsea. I can’t overstate my level of gratitude.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/b ... 52810.post
JBR152
Rookie
And1: 45

Post#75 » by JBR152 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:17 am

paperboymafia wrote:I am so bummed out he left. I understand the reasons Hennigan did it etc but yeah...it hurts.

What exactly were the reasons? To get younger pieces? Because we weren't going to resign him and didn't want to lose him for nothing?
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#76 » by RookieStar » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:35 am

None whatsoever. I just can’t remember that ever happening in the NBA [where someone was traded and then signed a few months later].

There's always a first time JJ
Tayswagzzz
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Post#77 » by Tayswagzzz » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:02 am

RookieStar wrote:None whatsoever. I just can’t remember that ever happening in the NBA [where someone was traded and then signed a few months later].

There's always a first time JJ

:nod:

If there were a guy to do it, it'd be JJ.
Orlando Magic | Atlanta Braves | Florida State
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#78 » by RickB-Orlando » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:23 am

I find it interesting that, after reading over posts on the Bucks board, that they consider JJ to be an upgrade over Monta, yet so many here were pissed when we failed to deal for Monta last year.

I wish JJ the best. I'd have liked us to have been able to keep him - I think his value in the locker room literally cannot be overstated - but I hope he excels and this offseason gets the deal he is hoping for.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#79 » by KingRobb02 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:38 am

RickB-Orlando wrote:I find it interesting that, after reading over posts on the Bucks board, that they consider JJ to be an upgrade over Monta, yet so many here were pissed when we failed to deal for Monta last year.

I wish JJ the best. I'd have liked us to have been able to keep him - I think his value in the locker room literally cannot be overstated - but I hope he excels and this offseason gets the deal he is hoping for.

We were pissed because Monta is a Dwight guy and we thought we would be able to keep Dwight if Monta came.
silent1900
Rookie
And1: 338

Post#80 » by silent1900 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:02 am

One upside to us losing JJ is it gave me a reason to go read the Bucks board, which as it turns out is pretty damn funny.

Return to Orlando Magic