ImageImage

What happens to our starting lineup with Redick?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,057

Re: What happens to our starting lineup with Redick? 

Post#81 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:46 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Brooklyn is the only team I'd give us a legitimate shot at beating in a series. Redick changes very little.

I would tend to agree. Miami will destroy us. Indiana and New York, we'd maybe steal a game or 2. Brooklyn I think we could give a series. Atlanta too, but won't see them 1st round. Chicago is hard to say, I don't think Rose is returning this year but I still think they'd kill us b/c the games will go more to a halfcourt battle.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,057

Post#82 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Btw, totally forgot about that LeBron game. That's just amazing. #AlphaMale
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,843

Post#83 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:01 pm

N8Frog wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Brooklyn is the only team I'd give us a legitimate shot at beating in a series. Redick changes very little.

I would tend to agree. Miami will destroy us. Indiana and New York, we'd maybe steal a game or 2. Brooklyn I think we could give a series. Atlanta too, but won't see them 1st round. Chicago is hard to say, I don't think Rose is returning this year but I still think they'd kill us b/c the games will go more to a halfcourt battle.

New York is a fluke. They ran up their record to 18-5 by hitting a ton of 3's. It was not sustainable - the only good 3-point shooter is Novak. It's similar to the way Jennings looks like a superstar when he's hitting his 3's, but he can't do so consistently. Their 3-point percentage has been plummeting since then, but is still at 38% as a team due to the hot start. 35% is a more realistic projection for how they will shoot the rest of the way, and we've seen that they are basically a .500 team when they don't have that advantage at the 3-point line. You also have to factor in their age and the fact that they really haven't changed their personnel much since last season. They are nothing. I can't believe people look in the standings and think the Knicks are good. They shoot 30 3's per game and they only have one good 3-point shooter. For a few weeks they had a lot of guys hot at the same time, but that won't continue.

Brooklyn has the most talent after Miami, but Deron is fat and Lopez is soft. They're vulnerable.

Chicago is a terrible match-up, but Redick will be a huge help in the halfcourt offense. And Rose might not be back.

Indiana is just a solid team with respectable talent that is able to run up a good record because they're in the East. Nothing to fear there. Just play a sound game and give Redick and Dunleavy lots of minutes, instead of playing the swag twins 40 mpg, and that would be a series.

Boston, Atlanta, and Milwaukee could all easily get on a roll and play just as well as any of those teams from here on out.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,166

Post#84 » by raysbookclub » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:41 pm

I think we could be competitive in any series besides Miami, if we're playing well--which is no given. I just have a hard time seeing us move up from 8. Boston has more away than home games, but their schedule looks much easier than ours. We have a tough schedule. Would love to pass Atl and drop them to the 8th spot, but I don't see it happening either.

Unless Atl or Bos has a big injury, or we get on a FTD-like roll and Redick goes Glen-Rice-in-the-NCAAs and Ellis doesn't play like a doof for the next 2 months and Moute's knee gets better and Sanders stays out of foul trouble and Jennings plays like he did vs Portland and a bunch of other games, I think we're in the 8th spot.
yoshii8
Sixth Man
And1: 276

Post#85 » by yoshii8 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:53 pm

I'd like to see Redick start over Monta, but I doubt that will happen. Between the 1 and 2 you have 96 minutes, and I expect all of those to go between Jennings, Redick and Monta. With the hot hand getting the most minutes each night.

I think the rotation will be:
Monta
Jennings
LRMAM
Ersan
Sanders
Redick
Dunleavy
Dalembert/Udoh

and sometimes Henson
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,843

Post#86 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:36 pm

yoshii8 wrote:I'd like to see Redick start over Monta, but I doubt that will happen. Between the 1 and 2 you have 96 minutes, and I expect all of those to go between Jennings, Redick and Monta. With the hot hand getting the most minutes each night.

Of course. Redick complements either Jennings or Ellis nicely, but Jennings and Ellis don't complement each other at all unless they're playing against a team with terrible transition defense. So I would start Redick and play him as much as possible, with Ellis coming off the bench at both guard spots.

The only problem is that both your starters need rest towards the end of the 1st/start of the 2nd. That means you need two subs. The only way to keep it to a 3-man rotation is to pull one guard artificially early, which makes it hard for a starter to get in rhythm. It's been done before, but usually a 3-man rotation at sg/pg (pf/c for that matter) has one token player in there for 8-10 mpg, just to make the substitutions work.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#87 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:03 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
N8Frog wrote:

New York is a fluke. They ran up their record to 18-5 by hitting a ton of 3's. It was not sustainable - the only good 3-point shooter is Novak. It's similar to the way Jennings looks like a superstar when he's hitting his 3's, but he can't do so consistently. Their 3-point percentage has been plummeting since then, but is still at 38% as a team due to the hot start. 35% is a more realistic projection for how they will shoot the rest of the way, and we've seen that they are basically a .500 team when they don't have that advantage at the 3-point line. You also have to factor in their age and the fact that they really haven't changed their personnel much since last season. They are nothing. I can't believe people look in the standings and think the Knicks are good. They shoot 30 3's per game and they only have one good 3-point shooter. For a few weeks they had a lot of guys hot at the same time, but that won't continue.

Brooklyn has the most talent after Miami, but Deron is fat and Lopez is soft. They're vulnerable.

Chicago is a terrible match-up, but Redick will be a huge help in the halfcourt offense. And Rose might not be back.

Indiana is just a solid team with respectable talent that is able to run up a good record because they're in the East. Nothing to fear there. Just play a sound game and give Redick and Dunleavy lots of minutes, instead of playing the swag twins 40 mpg, and that would be a series.

Boston, Atlanta, and Milwaukee could all easily get on a roll and play just as well as any of those teams from here on out.

great assessment. we need to avoid miami. if we get on a roll, which we all should be rooting FOR that to happen... we could legitimately face miami in the ecf. there isnt any other team in the east that isnt beatable by a bucks team thats playing well.
bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Post#88 » by bucksbrewers3 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:05 pm

jgosche wrote:As a magic fan...I think most you guys will like Redick more than you think you will. I'm not sure whether he resigns or not...but I can wager you'll be happy he's on your team. At the very least, his motor gives off the impression that he wants to get a good shot.

It's not that we don't think he will help or isn't a good player we are mad because all we do is get players that keep us at an 8th or 7th seeded team with no shot at going further than the first round
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#89 » by crkone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:10 pm

Ayt wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:
jimmybones wrote:Redick taking Monta's minutes and pissing him off so he opts out could be the best part about this trade.

I'm desperately hoping this happens.

That is an angle I hadn't thought through completely. That would be great!

I'm thinking it may be the opposite unfortunately. Monta takes the minutes Redick deserves and Redick leaves. Then Monta can't find any takers and sticks around for next season.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,961

Post#90 » by Siefer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:01 pm

crkone wrote:I'm thinking it may be the opposite unfortunately. Monta takes the minutes Redick deserves and Redick leaves. Then Monta can't find any takers and sticks around for next season.

This is the nightmare scenario.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#91 » by Newz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Redick is going to be the best guard on the roster and probably the second best player on the roster... and he'll get less minutes than both Jennings and Ellis.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#92 » by whatthe_buck!? » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:20 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:great assessment. we need to avoid miami. if we get on a roll, which we all should be rooting FOR that to happen... we could legitimately face miami in the ecf. there isnt any other team in the east that isnt beatable by a bucks team thats playing well.

Woah Buddy. Both u and CHL need to chop that sh*t up and start selling what you're hogging between yourselves and get rich and just buy the Buck from Kohl in cash. There is NO WAY that we would beat the Bulls even without Rose in a playoff series even if we had gotten Josh Smith at the Deadline. Same goes for the Knicks and Pacers as well. U guys do realize that good teams that may think they can take it easy against us in the regular season will play hard against us from start to finish in a playoff game and will stomp the living sh*t out of us right??? Holy crap thats some dilusional BS if I've ever seen some smh...
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#93 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:39 pm

whatthe_buck!? wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:great assessment. we need to avoid miami. if we get on a roll, which we all should be rooting FOR that to happen... we could legitimately face miami in the ecf. there isnt any other team in the east that isnt beatable by a bucks team thats playing well.

Woah Buddy. Both u and CHL need to chop that sh*t up and start selling what you're hogging between yourselves and get rich and just buy the Buck from Kohl in cash. There is NO WAY that we would beat the Bulls even without Rose in a playoff series even if we had gotten Josh Smith at the Deadline. Same goes for the Knicks and Pacers as well. U guys do realize that good teams that may think they can take it easy against us in tthe regular season will play hard against us from start to finish in a playoff game and will stomp the living sh*t out of us right??? Holy crap thats some dilusional BS if I've ever seen some smh...

ecf is a long shot no doubt but if this team gets their rotations right and plays up to their potential.... then its possible. there isnt a doubt in my mind we can raise hell in the first 2 rounds if we dont go thru miami.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#94 » by aboveAverage » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:40 pm

Siefer wrote:
crkone wrote:I'm thinking it may be the opposite unfortunately. Monta takes the minutes Redick deserves and Redick leaves. Then Monta can't find any takers and sticks around for next season.

This is the nightmare scenario.

This is exactly what I think will happen.
ttime1
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#95 » by ttime1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:50 pm

With comments that I have seen up here, no wonder why Milwaukee will be the proverbial 8th seed for years to come. This team and city has a knack of discrediting its talent to promote less talented. Redick is a a solid situational player. If he is not on, he hurts you, if he is on, he helps you. But to think that he is a better player than Monte is a down right disillusion. Ellis is a better play-maker in his sleep than Redick will ever be. He was a sixth man on one of the worst teams in the east and will likely continue to play that role as an upgrade to Beno. Granted, Monte has to improve on his decision making to reach his potential and Redick may very well assist him in doing that by getting free and hitting the open jumpers. But for those of you who think that he is a replacement, historical production suggest that you will be very disappointed.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#96 » by H2tObes » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:52 pm

ttime1 wrote:With comments that I have seen up here, no wonder why Milwaukee will be the proverbial 8th seed for years to come. This team and city has a knack of discrediting its talent to promote less talented. Redick is a a solid situational player. If he is not on, he hurts you, if he is on, he helps you. But to think that he is a better player than Monte is a down right disillusion. Ellis is a better play-maker in his sleep than Redick will ever be. He was a sixth man on one of the worst teams in the east and will likely continue to play that role as an upgrade to Beno. Granted, Monte has to improve on his decision making to reach his potential and Redick may very well assist him in doing that by getting free and hitting the open jumpers. But for those of you who think that he is a replacement, historical production suggest that you will be very disappointed.

Holy **** I'm sick of people coming in here and saying Monta is a good player
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,661

Post#97 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:55 pm

I'm still wondering when we'll see this Monte Ellis guy people say is good, because this Monta Ellis guy we have is ****.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ttime1
Banned User

Post#98 » by ttime1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:58 pm

whatthe_buck!? wrote:

Woah Buddy. Both u and CHL need to chop that sh*t up and start selling what you're hogging between yourselves and get rich and just buy the Buck from Kohl in cash. There is NO WAY that we would beat the Bulls even without Rose in a playoff series even if we had gotten Josh Smith at the Deadline. Same goes for the Knicks and Pacers as well. U guys do realize that good teams that may think they can take it easy against us in the regular season will play hard against us from start to finish in a playoff game and will stomp the living sh*t out of us right??? Holy crap thats some dilusional BS if I've ever seen some smh...

Totally agree. Those teams are more talented, better coached, more experienced and have more heart and muscle than the Bucks. The Bucks have more team speed but lacks the play making sf and power pf to go the entire series. Maybe Redick can give the Bucks a three guard line-up at times which is productive, but you can't do this with a soft three point shooting PF for extended periods. They will get killed on the boards. ehh
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,661

Post#99 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:04 pm

ttime1 wrote:Maybe Redick can give the Bucks a three guard line-up at times which is productive, but you can't do this with a soft three point shooting PF for extended periods. They will get killed on the boards. ehh

Ersan is a better rebounder then most "tough and rugged" power forwards.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ttime1
Banned User

Post#100 » by ttime1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:08 pm

H2tObes wrote:
ttime1 wrote:With comments that I have seen up here, no wonder why Milwaukee will be the proverbial 8th seed for years to come. This team and city has a knack of discrediting its talent to promote less talented. Redick is a a solid situational player. If he is not on, he hurts you, if he is on, he helps you. But to think that he is a better player than Monte is a down right disillusion. Ellis is a better play-maker in his sleep than Redick will ever be. He was a sixth man on one of the worst teams in the east and will likely continue to play that role as an upgrade to Beno. Granted, Monte has to improve on his decision making to reach his potential and Redick may very well assist him in doing that by getting free and hitting the open jumpers. But for those of you who think that he is a replacement, historical production suggest that you will be very disappointed.

Holy **** I'm sick of people coming in here and saying Monta is a good player

You may have to question your own basketball acumen if you can't see his talent. The issue is if his talent is properly used. Don't get me wrong now, I cringe just as you do with too many of his wtf moments. He is not Kobe but much too often tries to play that role. But I contend that the majority of his wtf moments occur as a result of a dearth of solid coaching, overall team talent and the lack of leadership that produces clearly defined roles. If they had a talented sf and a pf who could command the paint, it is no doubt in my mind that he would be a better play-maker.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks