Race to MVP IV

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

kamelion4291
Banned User
And1: 58

Re: Race to MVP IV 

Post#161 » by kamelion4291 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:18 pm

The Spurs could finish 4+ games higher than the Heat in the standings and Parker still wouldn't get even close to the award. LeBron is far, far better than Parker and most media members would just chalk up the record difference to Miami coasting and preserving themselves for the playoffs.

The best player on the best team narrative only really works when there is no real deserving candidate who pops up. Nobody is touching LeBron right now. He's got a PER of 31.63 which is equivalent to Jordan's best seasons and it's been steadily rising game after game. Unless Miami completely falls apart, it's LeBrons and this thread should be discussing who deserves to be 2nd.
Krodis
Lead Assistant
And1: 599

Post#162 » by Krodis » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:36 pm

Okay, other than the media trying to stir up a silly and absurd narrative about Tony Parker, LeBron pretty much has this in the bag.

So how about 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th?

I'd say, as of now:
1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Paul
4. Harden
5. Parker

But 3-5 are kind of interchangeable imo. Paul's missed time both hurts and helps, because the team stunk without him, but missing time is bad. (It ended up costing Dirk a chance at a second one in 2011, as he was arguably the favorite until he went down (and the Mavs stunk with him out) and the Rose hype machine got out of control). The Parker narrative is gaining steam because the media is so crazily what have you done for me lately and Parker and the Spurs are on a hot stretch. He's been fantastic, but if we take the whole season into account, I have him 5th.
Run DLC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#163 » by Run DLC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Individual Stat Leaders

Pts LeBron James
Reb LeBron James
Ast LeBron James
FG% LeBron James
FT% Ray Allen
3PT% LeBron James
Blk Chris Bosh
Stl LeBron James

I bet you won't find any other player in the league who lead his team in six out of eight individual statistical categories. MVP6.
Thanks for all the great memories, LeBron! The show must go on! #Heatnation
Run DLC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#164 » by Run DLC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:10 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:NBA.com has put Parker ahead of Durant

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/2012-13/index.html

Kenny Smith: Durant still going to be better than LeBron in April 2013?

Kenny Smith is a known LeBron hater. It's either he thinks great scorers like Kobe and Durant are the best all-around players in the league or he doesn't like LeBron. Deep down, he knows KD will never be as complete all-around as LeBron.
Thanks for all the great memories, LeBron! The show must go on! #Heatnation
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#165 » by NaturalThunder » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:24 pm

Yeah, that Kenny Smith...what a moron. I mean it's not like Durant has clearly become the second best player in the league or anything. Durant is absurdly good right now. Only thing keeping him from being the best player in the NBA is because LeBron isn't human. And yes, I know, it was silly to think in 2010 Durant was going to catch LeBron by 2013 considering LeBron's age in 2010 and unbelievably good he was at the time. But Durant is averaging 29-8-5 on 52/42/91 and 66% TS an 57% eFG; and he's on the team with the second best record in the league. It's starting to look like he's going to have one of the best non-MVP seasons of all-time.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
PCProductions
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#166 » by PCProductions » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:32 pm

NaturalThunder wrote:Yeah, that Kenny Smith...what a moron. I mean it's not like Durant has clearly become the second best player in the league or anything. Durant is absurdly good right now. Only thing keeping him from being the best player in the NBA is because LeBron isn't human. And yes, I know, it was silly to think in 2010 Durant was going to catch LeBron by 2013 considering LeBron's age in 2010 and unbelievably good he was at the time. But Durant is averaging 29-8-5 on 52/42/91 and 66% TS an 57% eFG; and he's on the team with the second best record in the league. It's starting to look like he's going to have one of the best non-MVP seasons of all-time.

Third best. Just sayin.
TheKiteDesigner
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#167 » by TheKiteDesigner » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:41 pm

I think with the performance TP put on national tv yesterday was good enough to put him in the 3rd spot along with CP3. There's no way he leap frogged Durant let alone LeBron.

1 LeBron
2 Durant
3 CP/TP
NaturalThunder
General Manager

Post#168 » by NaturalThunder » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:45 pm

PCProductions wrote:
NaturalThunder wrote:Yeah, that Kenny Smith...what a moron. I mean it's not like Durant has clearly become the second best player in the league or anything. Durant is absurdly good right now. Only thing keeping him from being the best player in the NBA is because LeBron isn't human. And yes, I know, it was silly to think in 2010 Durant was going to catch LeBron by 2013 considering LeBron's age in 2010 and unbelievably good he was at the time. But Durant is averaging 29-8-5 on 52/42/91 and 66% TS an 57% eFG; and he's on the team with the second best record in the league. It's starting to look like he's going to have one of the best non-MVP seasons of all-time.

Third best. Just sayin.

Right, and who is the other player that's better than Durant?
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Antrim
Sixth Man
And1: 703

Post#169 » by Antrim » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:48 pm

NaturalThunder wrote:
PCProductions wrote:

Third best. Just sayin.

Right, and who is the other player that's better than Durant?

Third best record, he said.
NaturalThunder
General Manager

Post#170 » by NaturalThunder » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:02 pm

My bad, the bolded part didn't stand out and I missed it.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#171 » by SweetTouch » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Props for NaturalThunder for at least staying around, the other normal OKC posters have been laying low

IMO Parker needs 6-8 games ahead LBJ to get it, and some people from San Antonio need to begin talking about him playing with his soul and his heart of a lion.
Stop being so disrespectful.
kamelion4291
Banned User

Post#172 » by kamelion4291 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:16 pm

SweetTouch wrote:Props for NaturalThunder for at least staying around, the other normal OKC posters have been laying low

IMO Parker needs 6-8 games ahead LBJ to get it, and some people from San Antonio need to begin talking about him playing with his soul and his heart of a lion.

Yeah, haha. Where is 28reloaded and his advanced stats rampage now when people were telling him LeBron was coasting?
NaturalThunder
General Manager

Post#173 » by NaturalThunder » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:23 pm

SweetTouch wrote:Props for NaturalThunder for at least staying around, the other normal OKC posters have been laying low

I'm not going to just ignore Durant's season because of what LeBron is doing. At the same time, I'm not going to embarrass myself by trying to say he's more deserving of MVP than LeBron.

Besides, I feel like people should be reminded from time to time of how good of a season Durant is having. :D
PCProductions
Lead Assistant

Post#174 » by PCProductions » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:45 pm

NaturalThunder wrote:

I'm not going to just ignore Durant's season because of what LeBron is doing. At the same time, I'm not going to embarrass myself by trying to say he's more deserving of MVP than LeBron.

Besides, I feel like people should be reminded from time to time of how good of a season Durant is having. :D

This is all very true. It kinda feels disrespectful to Kevin Durant to simply say he is "slipping" when the mountaintop he was standing on was uncharted territory practically. If he doesn't go 30 PPG on 65 TS% every night, that's considering "disappointing". Amazing the standard of excellence that we hold him and Lebron to, isn't it?
PCProductions
Lead Assistant

Post#175 » by PCProductions » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:46 pm

kamelion4291 wrote:

Yeah, haha. Where is 28reloaded and his advanced stats rampage now when people were telling him LeBron was coasting?

My goodness that guy was the biggest homer I've seen on this site. He lived and breathed Kevin Durant advanced stats.
fallacy
RealGM
And1: 607

Post#176 » by fallacy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:50 pm

I don't know why this thread needs to exist, do people need to argue about third place?

Lebron is going to win the award by a landslide, and should receive every first place vote

Durant is going to finish second for the third time already in his career

3rd place is the only real thing in question
**** Ron Artest
**** Marco Belinelli
Stephen Jackson aint bout dis lyfe
Patrick Beverly deserves to have his knee ripped to pieces
PurpleRooster
Rookie
And1: 55

Post#177 » by PurpleRooster » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:54 pm

fallacy wrote:I don't know why this thread needs to exist, do people need to argue about third place?

Lebron is going to win the award by a landslide, and should receive every first place vote

I heard they are making a patch for this on the all-star warm-ups next season.
Enjoy every sandwich.
fallacy
RealGM
And1: 607

Post#178 » by fallacy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:13 pm

PurpleRooster wrote:
fallacy wrote:I don't know why this thread needs to exist, do people need to argue about third place?

I heard they are making a patch for this on the all-star warm-ups next season.

Durant could fill up his entire all-star jersey with those by 2023 :lol:
**** Ron Artest
**** Marco Belinelli
Stephen Jackson aint bout dis lyfe
Patrick Beverly deserves to have his knee ripped to pieces
TARIQ
Veteran
And1: 225

Post#179 » by TARIQ » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Tony parker should be MVP! it's like when jason kidd could never win the mvp as good as he was there was tim duncan shaq etc same thing happening to Parker lebron durant paul. However, Parker just playing at an elite level.
Wonderllama wrote:George/Hibbert = the next Kobe/Shaq?

PG seems like he could be even better than Kobe... IMO.
kamelion4291
Banned User

Post#180 » by kamelion4291 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:49 pm

TARIQ wrote:Tony parker should be MVP! it's like when jason kidd could never win the mvp as good as he was there was tim duncan shaq etc same thing happening to Parker lebron durant paul. However, Parker just playing at an elite level.

Trolling? If Parker is playing at an elite level, then what is LeBron playing at? Parker is literally only 0.33 PER higher than the next best player on his own team. He's not a huge scorer, he doesn't rebound, and he's one of the worst defenders on the team. How could you possibly try and make a legitimate argument for him as MVP unless you're actually Tony Parker in which it's the only way this post makes sense.

Return to The General Board