ImageImageImageImageImage

Cut Some1, Sign DELONTE, Sooner Rather Than Later Please.

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Re: Cut Some1, Sign DELONTE, Sooner Rather Than Later Please 

Post#81 » by Falstaffxx » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:51 pm

KnicksGod wrote:I still haven't really heard what we have to lose, other than maybe White being able to help out in guarding big perimeter guys.

Some of you are saying he's too crazy. If he flies off the handle, you release him. This is not a young team that can suffer damage from a season's worth of Delonte. It's a veteran team that would only have to put up with him for at most a few weeks. Less if he goes AWOL.

Distraction? Nah not really.

You are talking as if Felton/JR/Prigs will get us where we need to go, so don't mess up a good thing.

Let's be real -- the Knicks are not going to beat Miami as presently constituted. There is a much better chance of us falling into the 5th seed than there is of the Knicks beating Miami on the current trajectory. Falling out of 2nd is more likely than not at this point, since we're in semi-free fall at the moment.

There really is no downside. He's the best and most experienced point guard available and he's also a swing man who can play off the ball.

I think we lose something as fans when the team becomes less likeable. Unless the guy is going to be a difference-maker, I'd like to avoid bringing in more douchebags.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,856

Post#82 » by KnicksGod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:51 pm

GONYK wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Wally was there when Delonte and LeBron's mom engaged in relations? Was he munching popcorn.

And I doubt Wally said any such thing but feel free to link me to his video or article.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ksXwrzw5ukI[/youtube]

Here you go

Please.

He said he doesn't know that it happened, and says this more than once in about 1 minute of air time.

Being present while radio hosts banter now qualifies as confirmation?

Unreal.
bumby401
Sixth Man
And1: 32

Post#83 » by bumby401 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:52 pm

Id do it just so we could be called the "Denver MavKnicks" lolo
"That's a bold statement! Do you have any message boards to back that statement?"
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 125,998

Post#84 » by god shammgod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:53 pm

bumby401 wrote:Id do it just so we could be called the "Denver MavKnicks" lolo

see what i mean
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#85 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:53 pm

god shammgod wrote:stat is not a d'antoni guy. they had to meet before he signed with the knicks to air out their differences. he just threw him under the bus recently with his "i wasn't taught defense" comment.

he tried to recant that when he got word of D'antoni's response, then wound up saying it again. :lol:
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Leaguepass
Starter
And1: 134

Post#86 » by Leaguepass » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:53 pm

I agree with the OP. We have nothing to lose at this point---West played a very decent season with Dallas last season and he can be that guy who knocks down shots and breaks down the defense every now and then.
johnnywishbone
General Manager
And1: 1,361

Post#87 » by johnnywishbone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:54 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
johnnywishbone wrote:Not to derail the conversation but since I brought up Woody...

Anybody else under the impression that when Woody and D'Antoni were both there that there may have been Woody's guys and D'Antoni's guys? And now that D'Antoni is gone his guys are getting payback i.e. Stat?

Elaborate

After reading that Woodson is thinking of putting Copeland ahead of Stat in the starting line up because he is worried about "defense". I started to wonder why doesn't Woodson like Stat? Seemed kind of strange. Then I started wondering if maybe there was some politics where some guys wanted D'Antoni gone and some didn't. And it seemed kind of natural that Stat would be in the latter category. And that maybe Woodson didn't appreciate that and felt that Stat was trying to block him for getting the job he wanted.
Play time is over.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#88 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:54 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
GONYK wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Wally was there when Delonte and LeBron's mom engaged in relations? Was he munching popcorn.

And I doubt Wally said any such thing but feel free to link me to his video or article.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ksXwrzw5ukI[/youtube]

Here you go

Please.

He said he doesn't know that it happened, and says this more than once in about 1 minute of air time.

Being present while radio hosts banter now qualifies as confirmation?

Unreal.

:lol:

Believe what you want man. Hold on to whatever gives you hope.
knicksRback
Senior
And1: 33

Post#89 » by knicksRback » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Dudes a nut case
johnnywishbone
General Manager

Post#90 » by johnnywishbone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:56 pm

god shammgod wrote:stat is not a d'antoni guy. they had to meet before he signed with the knicks to air out their differences. he just threw him under the bus recently with his "i wasn't taught defense" comment.

He might not have liked him personally but his system made Stat the focal point of the offense and put Melo in the corner.

Now we are seeing the opposite.
Play time is over.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:57 pm

johnnywishbone wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
johnnywishbone wrote:Not to derail the conversation but since I brought up Woody...

Anybody else under the impression that when Woody and D'Antoni were both there that there may have been Woody's guys and D'Antoni's guys? And now that D'Antoni is gone his guys are getting payback i.e. Stat?

Elaborate

After reading that Woodson is thinking of putting Copeland ahead of Stat in the starting line up because he is worried about "defense". I started to wonder why doesn't Woodson like Stat? Seemed kind of strange. Then I started wondering if maybe there was some politics where some guys wanted D'Antoni gone and some didn't. And it seemed kind of natural that Stat would be in the latter category. And that maybe Woodson didn't appreciate that and felt that Stat was trying to block him for getting the job he wanted.

I dont view Amare as a "D'antoni" guy, but I'm sure as the main coach he's had he has some feeling for him.

But ultimately i think amare wants to win, and has embraced everything he was told to do by Woodson.

If Woodson really doesn't like him, then that's really woodsons problem, amare did everything he asked him to.

Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#92 » by Rasho Brezec » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:57 pm

Delonte's not playing in the NBA again. Just look at how Cuban and the Mavs went out of their way to help him out, but ultimately, he was still too toxic for them to keep him around.

During training camp, the Mavericks were allowed to get West a hotel room, but once the season started, they had to stop because that’s considered an added benefit. West said he tried to rent but a lot of places wouldn’t take him because he has a criminal record (he was arrested near his Maryland home in 2009 for having a variety of weapons in his vehicle and some driving violations). West had a place to stay when the Mavs traveled, but when in Dallas he slept in the locker room or in his car, he told the paper.

Mark Cuban got wind of it and had people renting a place to West within a day.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,856

Post#93 » by KnicksGod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:57 pm

GONYK wrote:

:lol:

Hope about what exactly? What do I care. It's baffling that you think that "more or less" confirmed it. Nothing of the sort. That's all. I have no horse in the race.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#94 » by god shammgod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:57 pm

johnnywishbone wrote:

He might not have liked him personally but his system made Stat the focal point of the offense and put Melo in the corner.

Now we are seeing the opposite.

did woodson diminsh him or was he injured all this time. he can't be the focal point anymore. he can't play those kind of minutes. that's probably why he's accepting it. he probably knows that.
johnnywishbone
General Manager

Post#95 » by johnnywishbone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:59 pm

god shammgod wrote:
did woodson diminsh him or was he injured all this time. he can't be the focal point anymore. he can't play those kind of minutes. that's probably why he's accepting it. he probably knows that.

Saying Copeland is a better option than you is about as diminishing as it gets.
Play time is over.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:00 pm

GONYK wrote: :lol:

No offense, but when folks walked away from the team because of "rumors", things they read or heard from only one side and believed it as gospel..... that aspect of their credibility goes out the window.

But we can definitely talk about anything else. :lol:

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:Delonte's not playing in the NBA again. Just look at how Cuban and the Mavs went out of their way to help him out, but ultimately, he was still too toxic for them to keep him around.

During training camp, the Mavericks were allowed to get West a hotel room, but once the season started, they had to stop because that’s considered an added benefit. West said he tried to rent but a lot of places wouldn’t take him because he has a criminal record (he was arrested near his Maryland home in 2009 for having a variety of weapons in his vehicle and some driving violations). West had a place to stay when the Mavs traveled, but when in Dallas he slept in the locker room or in his car, he told the paper.

Mark Cuban got wind of it and had people renting a place to West within a day.

I dont believe this, were you there? You can't believe everything you read. :lol:

but seriously, there are quite a few players who loved having him as a teammate, and Doc Rivers really liked him.

But they all know there is that other side to him, and when it rears it's head.....

Like I've said, I'd do it, only because if he acts up...he's out, but it isn't likely.

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#98 » by god shammgod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:04 pm

johnnywishbone wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

copeland can stand in the corner and wait for the open 3. this allows him the spacing he likes. i don't think it's about who's a better player.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:05 pm

johnnywishbone wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

He wants amare to soloidify the bench, and it helps him at center where he's probably best at.

Woodson took alot of d'antoni's offensive thinking....that's a pure example of it.

johnnywishbone
General Manager

Post#100 » by johnnywishbone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:09 pm

god shammgod wrote:
copeland can stand in the corner and wait for the open 3. this allows him the spacing he likes. i don't think it's about who's a better player.

Then why is he talking about defense? If that is his thinking then he is brain dead. Why:

A. If all you want is shooting put in Novak.
B. He plans on riding Melo all the way into the ground.
Play time is over.

Return to New York Knicks