ImageImage

What happens to our starting lineup with Redick?

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Re: What happens to our starting lineup with Redick? 

Post#101 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:12 pm

ttime1 wrote:If they had a talented sf and a pf who could command the paint, it is no doubt in my mind that he would be a better play-maker.

If we had a player in the paint Monta would be even less effective. The only spot on the floor he can be somewhat effective is getting to the rim, pack the paint and that gets even harder. He's an extremely flawed player and only only a gimmicky offense will work being built around him, which is getting a team no where.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Post#102 » by blazza18 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I'm still wondering when we'll see this Monte Ellis guy people say is good, because this Monta Ellis guy we have is ****.

Was wondering the same thing.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ttime1
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#103 » by ttime1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:14 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ttime1 wrote:Maybe Redick can give the Bucks a three guard line-up at times which is productive, but you can't do this with a soft three point shooting PF for extended periods. They will get killed on the boards. ehh

Ersan is a better rebounder then most "tough and rugged" power forwards.

Please...the Bulls treat him like a rag doll and it is very apparent that when he is in the game, their rebounding, both offensive and defensive, improves significantly. But I don't blame him for that as it is the coaches who fail to counter with players who match up better who should get the blame. What other contending team has a stretch four starting? None..they come off the bench.
ttime1
Banned User

Post#104 » by ttime1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ttime1 wrote:If they had a talented sf and a pf who could command the paint, it is no doubt in my mind that he would be a better play-maker.

If we had a player in the paint Monta would be even less effective. The only spot on the floor he can be somewhat effective is getting to the rim, pack the paint and that gets even harder. He's an extremely flawed player and only only a gimmicky offense will work being built around him, which is getting a team no where.

And what big man does Milwaukee have for you to come to that conclusion?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#105 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:23 pm

ttime1 wrote:What other contending team has a stretch four starting? None..they come off the bench.

If you think any team is contending with Monta as one of their top pieces you are kidding yourself. No team on the face of the earth could build a contender with Monta as a top 2 player. We're not building a contender here any time soon.

ttime1 wrote:And what big man does Milwaukee have for you to come to that conclusion?

It's not the big man I need to see, it's the 8 years of Monta I've seen. He isn't very good.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
TheDIsSilent
Banned User

Post#106 » by TheDIsSilent » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:29 pm

We all know what should happen and what will happen. Reddick should start but Monta will start. We're trying to make the playoffs and we're not going to go screwing with guys ego's or money. Bring Monta as a 6th man on this team and he's going to tear this team apart, that move alone will cost him a couple million dollars in his next contract.
Bfinkish
Sixth Man
And1: 126

Post#107 » by Bfinkish » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:30 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Who cares, there is absolutely no reason to watch this team. Not even Sanders can convince me.

hey, hey, hey!
God is good.
ttime1
Banned User

Post#108 » by ttime1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ttime1 wrote:What other contending team has a stretch four starting? None..they come off the bench.

If you think any team is contending with Monta as one of their top pieces you are kidding yourself. No team on the face of the earth could build a contender with Monta as a top 2 player. We're not building a contender here any time soon.

ttime1 wrote:And what big man does Milwaukee have for you to come to that conclusion?

It's not the big man I need to see, it's the 8 years of Monta I've seen. He isn't very good.

We are not talking about any other team, we are talking about the Bucks! Moreover, you just supported my position as this team lacks over-all talent. Further, no matter how flawed his career has been in your opinion, it has been far better than Bogut's who was chosen #1 in the same draft that Ellis was chosen late in the 2nd round. Thus, Ellis has played beyond his expectations while replacing Bogut who played below his expectations.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#109 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:33 pm

ttime1 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Ersan is a better rebounder then most "tough and rugged" power forwards.

Please...the Bulls treat him like a rag doll and it is very apparent that when he is in the game, their rebounding, both offensive and defensive, improves significantly. But I don't blame him for that as it is the coaches who fail to counter with players who match up better who should get the blame. What other contending team has a stretch four starting? None..they come off the bench.

To be fair...There are only like 5 good stretch 4's in the league
Bfinkish
Sixth Man

Post#110 » by Bfinkish » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:36 pm

whatthe_buck!? wrote:
upnorthfan wrote:For the rest of this season we are a better team today than we were yesterday without giving up Henson, Sanders Jennings or picks. Thats the way you have to look at it.

Let's get locked in for a playoff run and let the chips fall where they may. FEAR THE DEER IS BACK!!

I would absolutely love it if u turned out to be right, but with Ellis still on this team killing chemistry I see zero chance this happens. That FTD run was 99% perfect chemistry. If we had completed the ATL part of the trade and shipped Ellis in it I could totally see it...

i agree "what the buck". Ellis is just cancer to the chemistry. I'm sure he's a nice guy but just killing us on the court. It's just so wearing on us that watch the games. You can just tell what will happen. I tell you the truth: Anytime ellis chucks up a shot I ALWAYS expect him to miss. Every time.
God is good.
ttime1
Banned User

Post#111 » by ttime1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:36 pm

TheDIsSilent wrote:We all know what should happen and what will happen. Reddick should start but Monta will start. We're trying to make the playoffs and we're not going to go screwing with guys ego's or money. Bring Monta as a 6th man on this team and he's going to tear this team apart, that move alone will cost him a couple million dollars in his next contract.

There is nothing is Redick's resume to suggest this and the only reason why he SHOULD start over Monta is to please biased fans. I get that. But what I don't get is where YOU come across defaming the man's character. THIS is the reason why MILWAUKEE will NEVER attract legitimate talent.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#112 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:37 pm

ttime1 wrote:We are not talking about any other team, we are talking about the Bucks! Moreover, you just supported my position as this team lacks over-all talent. Further, no matter how flawed his career has been in your opinion, it has been far better than Bogut's who was chosen #1 in the same draft that Ellis was chosen late in the 2nd round. Thus, Ellis has played beyond his expectations while replacing Bogut who played below his expectations.

What the **** does Bogut or draft position have to do with Monta Ellis not being very good? The team obviously lacks talent, Monta included. Talent is nice, when your brain deficiencies override your talent a lot of it is negated though.
Bfinkish
Sixth Man

Post#113 » by Bfinkish » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:37 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Bag Night Saturday? Collective Ella bobblehead toss? Throw them into a fire or maybe our river and lake?

Do any of you actually believe part of the reason they didn't trade ellis was because they would have all these bobble heads that would go to the trash? I honestly wouldn't put that past this organization.
God is good.
ttime1
Banned User

Post#114 » by ttime1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:41 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:
ttime1 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Ersan is a better rebounder then most "tough and rugged" power forwards.

To be fair...There are only like 5 good stretch 4's in the league

IDK..You could be right..but I don't consider some one like K.Love a stretch as he is a banger. Bonner, Anderson and I can't think of many more.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#115 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:42 pm

ttime1 wrote:IDK..You could be right..but I don't consider some one like K.Love a stretch as he is a banger. Bonner, Anderson and I can't think of many more.

You're going to talk about talent and then put Matt Bonner in the same discussion as Anderson and Ersan? Jesus.....
ttime1
Banned User

Post#116 » by ttime1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:44 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ttime1 wrote:We are not talking about any other team, we are talking about the Bucks! Moreover, you just supported my position as this team lacks over-all talent. Further, no matter how flawed his career has been in your opinion, it has been far better than Bogut's who was chosen #1 in the same draft that Ellis was chosen late in the 2nd round. Thus, Ellis has played beyond his expectations while replacing Bogut who played below his expectations.

What the **** does Bogut or draft position have to do with Monta Ellis not being very good? The team obviously lacks talent, Monta included. Talent is nice, when your brain deficiencies override your talent a lot of it is negated though.

It's simple. He is better than what you had. Moreover, talent improves with better talent AND leadership to play with.
ttime1
Banned User

Post#117 » by ttime1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:47 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ttime1 wrote:IDK..You could be right..but I don't consider some one like K.Love a stretch as he is a banger. Bonner, Anderson and I can't think of many more.

You're going to talk about talent and then put Matt Bonner in the same discussion as Anderson and Ersan? Jesus.....

If you don't consider Bonner a stretch 4, then Jesus will not be of much help here. LOL
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#118 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:47 pm

ttime1 wrote:It's simple. He is better than what you had. Moreover, talent improves with better talent AND leadership to play with.

Really? You want to bring injuries into play, sure. But Bogut was one of the best defenders in league, Monta is an inefficient 20 points. You want to talk about talent, I'd say Bogut was a much more talented player.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#119 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:49 pm

ttime1 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

If you don't consider Bonner a stretch 4, then Jesus will not be of much help here. LOL

He's a stretch four, sure. Is he as "talented" as Ersan? Not even close. I'm not even sure you can classify him as "good".
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#120 » by H2tObes » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:50 pm

ttime1 wrote:
TheDIsSilent wrote:We all know what should happen and what will happen. Reddick should start but Monta will start. We're trying to make the playoffs and we're not going to go screwing with guys ego's or money. Bring Monta as a 6th man on this team and he's going to tear this team apart, that move alone will cost him a couple million dollars in his next contract.

There is nothing is Redick's resume to suggest this and the only reason why he SHOULD start over Monta is to please biased fans. I get that. But what I don't get is where YOU come across defaming the man's character. THIS is the reason why MILWAUKEE will NEVER attract legitimate talent.

No, he should start over Monta because our backcourt is shooting an accumulative 40%, while Monta is shooting 22% from 3, while attempting nearly 4 a game. Monta Ellis is a talented player, but that doesnt make him good, he is simply a dumb player who will never be anymore then maybe a 4th option/6th man on a contender. Even then he is so stupid that he would probably take more shot attempts then anyone on the team and take your team out of contention until he's benched for good. :lol:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks