ImageImageImageImageImage

Cut Some1, Sign DELONTE, Sooner Rather Than Later Please.

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Re: Cut Some1, Sign DELONTE, Sooner Rather Than Later Please 

Post#101 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:14 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
GONYK wrote: :lol:

Believe what you want man. Hold on to whatever gives you hope.

No offense, but when folks walked away from the team because of "rumors", things they read or heard from only one side and believed it as gospel..... that aspect of their credibility goes out the window.

But we can definitely talk about anything else. :lol:

Especially when they block out facts in order for those one sided rumors to be true.

But, hey, we're all on the same side at the end of the day, right :lol:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#102 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:16 pm

i'm definitely down for cutting white and signing west. west is a good defender, can handle, is a solid outside shooter, and is tough (also has a crazy side to him...).
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,856

Post#103 » by KnicksGod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:20 pm

GONYK wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
GONYK wrote: :lol:

Believe what you want man. Hold on to whatever gives you hope.

No offense, but when folks walked away from the team because of "rumors", things they read or heard from only one side and believed it as gospel..... that aspect of their credibility goes out the window.

But we can definitely talk about anything else. :lol:

Especially when they block out facts in order for those one sided rumors to be true.

But, hey, we're all on the same side at the end of the day, right :lol:

Maybe you guys believe rumors about people believing rumors, too, but I didn't distance myself from the Knicks because of any belief in a single rumor. I did so because I knew the Knicks were throwing away a really good young player for what amounts to junk and would eventually end up in a mess, a mess all of their own creation, for weak reasons, and that was entirely avoidable, in the prime years of their best player's career.

Umm where are we right about now?

Anyway ...

Yeahhhhhhh we're all on the same side of course, I'm just part time on that side. It's all good baby baby. :roll: :D
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Re: Drop White, Sign Delonte, Sooner Rather Than Later Pleas 

Post#104 » by Scalabrine » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:21 pm

ShumpShump wrote:
iHeartKNicks wrote:This move makes sense. He plays decent defense and can play both guard positions. Shoots the 3 well also

Career 37% three point shooter. That ain't well. That's another JR.

Lets use logic for a second here...
Every 100 3 pointers shot you make 37 of them, that adds up to 111 points.

Someone shooting 48% (the NBA average excluding 3 pointers) on 2's would get 96 points per 100 shots.

Add in the fact that it helps spread the defense out and that Delonte isnt known for shooting tons of ill-advised shots like JR and 37% is actually pretty good. The average this year is 35.8%.
Go Knicks!
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#105 » by Pharmcat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:22 pm

this team does need another guard

who else is available that isnt as crazy?>
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#106 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:22 pm

Pharmcat wrote:this team does need another guard

who else is available that isnt as crazy?>

What's the fun in that?
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#107 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:23 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Maybe you guys believe rumors about people believing rumors but I didn't distance myself from the Knicks because of any belief in any rumors. I did so because I knew the Knicks were throwing away a really good young player for junk and would eventually end up in a mess, a mess all of their own creation, for weak reasons, and that was entirely avoidable.

Anyway ...

Yeahhhhhhh we're all on the same side of course, I'm just part time on that side. It's all good baby baby. :roll: :D

Cool, I welcomed you back then and still do now.

Good day.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#108 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:26 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Maybe you guys believe rumors about people believing rumors, too, but I didn't distance myself from the Knicks because of any belief in a single rumor. I did so because I knew the Knicks were throwing away a really good young player for what amounts to junk and would eventually end up in a mess, a mess all of their own creation, for weak reasons, and that was entirely avoidable, in the prime years of their best player's career.

Anyway ...

Wait...who are you talking about? 8-)
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Drop White, Sign Delonte, Sooner Rather Than Later Pleas 

Post#109 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
ShumpShump wrote:
iHeartKNicks wrote:This move makes sense. He plays decent defense and can play both guard positions. Shoots the 3 well also

Career 37% three point shooter. That ain't well. That's another JR.

Lets use logic for a second here...
Every 100 3 pointers shot you make 37 of them, that adds up to 111 points.

Someone shooting 48% (the NBA average excluding 3 pointers) on 2's would get 96 points per 100 shots.

Add in the fact that it helps spread the defense out and that Delonte isnt known for shooting tons of ill-advised shots like JR and 37% is actually pretty good. The average this year is 35.8%.

D'antoni wants you as his head assistant with this logic.

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#110 » by KnicksGod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Maybe you guys believe rumors about people believing rumors but I didn't distance myself from the Knicks because of any belief in any rumors. I did so because I knew the Knicks were throwing away a really good young player for junk and would eventually end up in a mess, a mess all of their own creation, for weak reasons, and that was entirely avoidable.

Anyway ...

Good day.

I know you did and I appreciate that. It's never personal :)
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#111 » by Knicker23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:53 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:

Anyway ...

Good day.

Right about now we are 32 and 19 and 2nd in the EC. Hardly what anyone, if shown the standings alone, would call a mess. And fact is, no one is catching the Heat - they're pretty much on a different level than anyone in the league. Which for the most part means, best realistic option is #2. And what are the Knicks, #2. What would everyone have taken if asked at the beginning of the season? #2.

For all the flaws in the team, and the downward trend... They're still #2. Lets not go overboard, as we tend to like to.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,018

Post#112 » by moocow007 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:54 pm

Absolutely...I've been bitching like a little girl for Andersen, Martin and West for quite some time now. Andersen went to Miami and has basically played a huge role in re-igniting that team. We got Martin (hopefully to do something of the same in NY). West is the last one. Go get him. Crazy is the last thing the Knicks need to worry about. Right now they need someone with balls of steel and that's West. They need a fighter and that's West. And West does EVERYTHING that the Knicks are needing right now of their perimeter players (ball handling, shooting, defense, toughness, passing) that they are rarely getting.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#113 » by KnicksGod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:01 pm

Knicker23 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

Anyway ...

Good day.

Right about now we are 32 and 19 and 2nd in the EC. Hardly what anyone, if shown the standings alone, would call a mess. And fact is, no one is catching the Heat - they're pretty much on a different level than anyone in the league. Which for the most part means, best realistic option is #2. And what are the Knicks, #2. What would everyone have taken if asked at the beginning of the season? #2.

For all the flaws in the team, and the downward trend... They're still #2. Lets not go overboard, as we tend to like to.

Yes and no. The Knicks will have to turn it around, not dramatically but substantially, to keep their second seed. They're playing badly and on the current course, the 2nd seed is not going to happen.
bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#114 » by bigfnjoe96 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:08 pm

Bring Delonte in this piece..... We need him.

#NYNUGGETSMAVERICKNICKS
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#115 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:10 pm

bigfnjoe96 wrote:Bring Delonte in this piece..... We need him.

#NYNUGGETSMAVERICKNICKS

NY MaverNuggIcks?
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#116 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:13 pm

New York Knuggevericks

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#117 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Ive always liked West but there has to be something why no one in the league will touch him including the team hes played for, recruited for this summer and signed him earlier in the season.

West may have finally completely snapped

You dont need an unstable influence on this team right now

thank you no

We have the pieces, we just need to get back to playing smart and tough

A big part is Kidd is slumping hard and another is that Shump is struggling to return from surgery. Remember its common for it to take a year to return from his operation. Ask Rose
Knick Swisher
Head Coach
And1: 334

Post#118 » by Knick Swisher » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:25 pm

Yeah, I'd do it. Kidd's just isn't cutting it anymore, Shump still isn't right, and JR is...JR. Cut White and keep it moving.
Garinteed33
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#119 » by Garinteed33 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:43 am

KnicksGod wrote:What could possibly be the reason not to make this move? Somebody please enlighten me. I'm honestly asking what could possibly be the reasons NOT to do this?

It's not like we don't have crazies on this roster. New York City has a long track record of absorbing questionable characters with talent and watching them flourish.

White is not going to help this team. Delonte really could be valuable.

They could drop Copeland too, but with K-Mart in the fold and Camby/Sheed possibly returning, I think Copeland could see a few spot minutes here and there and you can hide his defense with a vet big on the court.

dont know why im just seeing this thread now. have been saying this since day one. love it lets do it.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,221

Post#120 » by duetta » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:50 am

A friend of mine (who has his own issues...but that's another story) last dated a very good looking woman with a bipolar disorder. She lived in more-or-less complete denial of the underlying causes of her problems, refused to take her medicine, and ended up breaking and making up with him 13 times over the course of a 12 month period. By the end that of that year, my friend was so utterly shaken by the experience that he's been a psychological wreck ever since.

So, yeah, sign West. Better yet, have Delonte move in with Dolan...

Return to New York Knicks