ImageImage

The Bucks organization is ran properly! Show our support!

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Re: The Bucks organization is ran properly! Show our support 

Post#101 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Go to the Bulls board Sigra. Nobody likes you.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,221

Post#102 » by Sigra » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:35 pm

trwi7 wrote:Go to the Bulls board Sigra. Nobody likes you.

Hahaha

It will change. Jesus was killed and now everybody loves him. Spinoza was excluded from Jewish society and now he has his street in Tel Aviv.

On 27 July 1656, the Talmud Torah congregation of Amsterdam issued a writ of cherem (Hebrew: חרם, a kind of ban, shunning, ostracism, expulsion, or excommunication) against the 23 year old Spinoza. The following document translates the official record of the cherem:

The Lords of the ma'amad, having long known of the evil opinions and acts of Baruch de Espinoza, have endeavord by various means and promises, to turn him from his evil ways. But having failed to make him mend his wicked ways, and, on the contrary, daily receiving more and more serious information about the abominable heresies which he practiced and taught and about his monstrous deeds, and having for this numerous trustworthy witnesses who have deposed and born witness to this effect in the presence of the said Espinoza, they became convinced of the truth of the matter; and after all of this has been investigated in the presence of the honorable chachamin, they have decided, with their consent, that the said Espinoza should be excommunicated and expelled from the people of Israel. By the decree of the angels, and by the command of the holy men, we excommunicate, expel, curse and damn Baruch de Espinoza, with the consent of God, Blessed be He, and with the consent of all the Holy Congregation, in front of these holy Scrolls with the six-hundred-and-thirteen precepts which are written therein, with the excommunication with which Joshua banned Jericho, with the curse with which Elisha cursed the boys, and with all the curses which are written in the Book of the Law. Cursed be he by day and cursed be he by night; cursed be he when he lies down, and cursed be he when he rises up; cursed be he when he goes out, and cursed be he when he comes in. The Lord will not spare him; the anger and wrath of the Lord will rage against this man, and bring upon him all the curses which are written in this book, and the Lord will blot out his name from under heaven, and the Lord will separate him to his injury from all the tribes of Israel with all the curses of the covenant, which are written in the Book of the Law. But you who cleave unto the Lord God are all alive this day. We order that no one should communicate with him orally or in writing, or show him any favor, or stay with him under the same roof, or within four ells of him, or read anything composed or written by him.

Spinoza Street is now in central Tel Aviv. 8-)
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#103 » by H2tObes » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Sigra is a true piece of work
stevescheffler06
Analyst
And1: 223

Post#104 » by stevescheffler06 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:42 pm

dogswithbeesintheirmouths wrote:Image

You win the thread
Sneaky Pete wrote:In Disgiuse.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#105 » by LUKE23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:54 pm

:rofl:
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Post#106 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:03 pm

jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
mnstinks
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Post#107 » by mnstinks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:49 pm

Again, there's no point to discussing it. Squad 6 / Sector 7 has been one of the best ideas this organization has been a part of during Senator Kohl's tenure

Sad

It's something extremely worthwhile for the franchise and its fan base

Debatable
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#108 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:57 pm

:lol:

Thanks!
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#109 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:00 pm

And this is definitely not the right time for bag night.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#110 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:04 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Yeah, a lot of people that I know that are 'Bucks fans' are absolutely delusional and supportive of every move the Bucks make. Posters of Monta Ellis in their apartments, etc. We are a rare breed on this board, there's not enough people that think like us, or that give a rip at all.

And there lies one of the issues that is hard to solve. The joke about 8 seed banners may be as close as you can get to pulling this off as some like emunney have suggested.

The bag night will just be taken by the majority of fans as "well I know we suck...but we're a small market and we're trying to win! We keep trading for "better" players!"

The Packers took one of the only routes of proving the n00b casual fan wrong (sadly I think this was the majority as well). They shut up all the guys saying "GOD, WE NEED TO STOP DRAFTING RECEIVERS I'VE NEVER HEARD OF FROM WESTERN MICHIGAN AND SIGN BERNARD BERRIAN." And then the whole Favre/Rodgers thing leading to people burning their Packer stock and creating firetedthompson.com.

They just won the Super Bowl and stopped all that nonsense.

The majority of those same fans who care about the Bucks think we suck because the NBA doesn't cater to small markets. They get excited by these Monta trades and are perplexed when it fails.

You'll have to somehow make the fans aware that you are pi$$ed off AND educate them as to WHY they should be pi$$ed off all in one swing.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,760

Post#111 » by fansinceforever » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:11 pm

But even the most causal fan, in my experience, knows about OKC and how they were able to accomplish what they've accomplished. Just make them replace the team name "Packers" with "Bucks" and ask the casual fan if that sounds like a TT course of action?
ReddWing
Banned User
And1: 808

Post#112 » by ReddWing » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Sigra wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Go to the Bulls board Sigra. Nobody likes you.

Hahaha

It will change. Jesus was killed and now everybody loves him. Spinoza was excluded from Jewish society and now he has his street in Tel Aviv.

On 27 July 1656, the Talmud Torah congregation of Amsterdam issued a writ of cherem (Hebrew: חרם, a kind of ban, shunning, ostracism, expulsion, or excommunication) against the 23 year old Spinoza. The following document translates the official record of the cherem:

The Lords of the ma'amad, having long known of the evil opinions and acts of Baruch de Espinoza, have endeavord by various means and promises, to turn him from his evil ways. But having failed to make him mend his wicked ways, and, on the contrary, daily receiving more and more serious information about the abominable heresies which he practiced and taught and about his monstrous deeds, and having for this numerous trustworthy witnesses who have deposed and born witness to this effect in the presence of the said Espinoza, they became convinced of the truth of the matter; and after all of this has been investigated in the presence of the honorable chachamin, they have decided, with their consent, that the said Espinoza should be excommunicated and expelled from the people of Israel. By the decree of the angels, and by the command of the holy men, we excommunicate, expel, curse and damn Baruch de Espinoza, with the consent of God, Blessed be He, and with the consent of all the Holy Congregation, in front of these holy Scrolls with the six-hundred-and-thirteen precepts which are written therein, with the excommunication with which Joshua banned Jericho, with the curse with which Elisha cursed the boys, and with all the curses which are written in the Book of the Law. Cursed be he by day and cursed be he by night; cursed be he when he lies down, and cursed be he when he rises up; cursed be he when he goes out, and cursed be he when he comes in. The Lord will not spare him; the anger and wrath of the Lord will rage against this man, and bring upon him all the curses which are written in this book, and the Lord will blot out his name from under heaven, and the Lord will separate him to his injury from all the tribes of Israel with all the curses of the covenant, which are written in the Book of the Law. But you who cleave unto the Lord God are all alive this day. We order that no one should communicate with him orally or in writing, or show him any favor, or stay with him under the same roof, or within four ells of him, or read anything composed or written by him.

Spinoza Street is now in central Tel Aviv. 8-)

Great post.
Bad Midget
Junior
And1: 12

Post#113 » by Bad Midget » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:35 pm

Bag night prompted by trading for JJ Redick. Makes sense

/not
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#114 » by JustinCredible » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:42 pm

Just make it a 'No More Monta' night. Everyone bring signs and bags on your heads that say 'No More Monta'.

If we extend Monta in the offseason or he opts in I will be pissed. We need to make sure he is gone after this season.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#115 » by whatthe_buck!? » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:44 pm

JustinCredible wrote:Just make it a 'No More Monta' night. Everyone bring signs and bags on your heads that say 'No More Monta'.

If we extend Monta in the offseason or he opts in I will be pissed. We need to make sure he is gone after this season.

This is a good idea
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#116 » by RiotPunch » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:46 pm

Bad Midget wrote:Bag night prompted by trading for JJ Redick. Makes sense

/not

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Bad Midget
Junior

Post#117 » by Bad Midget » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:50 pm

RiotPunch wrote:

/not

I was kidding a bit. Just weird that this is the straw that broke the camels back.
ReddWing
Banned User
And1: 808

Post#118 » by ReddWing » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:52 pm

Bag night is a bit excessive. Its not like we traded Sanders or Henson. My goodness, we gave up a scrub, Beno, and a prospect that only Bucks RealGmers are high on.
Bad Midget
Junior

Post#119 » by Bad Midget » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:54 pm

ReddWing wrote:Bag night is a bit excessive. Its not like we traded Sanders or Henson. My goodness, we gave up a scrub, Beno, and a prospect that only Bucks RealGmers are high on.

I think it's cute that people have this much angst and anger at a professional basketball team, but I just can't muster it.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#120 » by RiotPunch » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:00 am

Bad Midget wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

/not

I was kidding a bit. Just weird that this is the straw that broke the camels back.

It's the principle behind trading for Redick and not trading Ellis that has pushed (most of) us off the edge. Trading a 20 year old former first round pick for a player who not only plays the same position as Monta Ellis, but is a UFA after this season. It's the sheer philosophy of giving up value to can rent a guy to hopefully secure a back-end playoff spot for just this season. Continuity of shortsightedness and and stupidity is what has the villagers angry, not the fact that we traded for JJ Redick.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks