ImageImage

Are the Bucks the worst run team? (Post trade vent thread)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,017

Re: Are the Bucks the worst run team? (Post trade vent threa 

Post#221 » by FrieAaron » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:20 am

europa wrote:
sdn40 wrote:People act as if Ellis is a hot commodity.

I've long been skeptical of Ellis' trade value. We can't be the only ones who realize how bad this guy is.

Agreed. When I heard the Ellis for Smith rumors I (and most, probably) thought 'LOL...you can't be serious.' Turns out...it probably wasn't. If it was, Hammond truly is an idiot, but we'll probably never know. I think it's very possible they wanted Sanders.
Fed
Junior
And1: 424

Post#222 » by Fed » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:21 am

jtrinaldi wrote:If you thought today was bad, wait until the Bucks offer Monta the Max

Say it ain't so!
DickCunningham
Rookie
And1: 238

Post#223 » by DickCunningham » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:31 pm

There's been no better time to pull the plug on my cable tv package. I'll rely on radio and the internet to follow the team for the next year or so. I'm tired of supporting this team with my dollars (directly or indirectly). It's this long, slow whirlpool of mediocrity that lulled me into thinking that spending 2-3 hour blocks of my evenings watching this team isn't subtracting from my life. I'll root for a white knight to come in and buy the team and become a more casual fan.

I guess we have to put Tobias Harris in the category of another blown first round pick for Hammond, since he ended up in a package of crap for a Reddick rental. It's all so depressing. With the Brewers potential woes, it's hard to look forward to baseball.
"Our goal is to become a championship team," Kidd said.
mojosodope
Sixth Man
And1: 459

Post#224 » by mojosodope » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:51 pm

It would have been nice to know what Tobes was capable of before trading him. While many on this board were not sold on him I personally think he was a good pick/asset for us, but the fact that he was buried on the bench makes it a pointless argument.

I chose to believe that he was left on the bench to keep interest in him low and to him out of trade discussions, but the fact that we traded him makes me wonder what the hell we were doing.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#225 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:57 pm

The hardest part about yesterday is that it signaled no change in the way this team is operated.

We will finish out the year in either the 7, 8 or 9 seed. Lose in the first round 4-1 in front of half filled Bradley Center.

Then we will draft some project player at 16. Monta will opt out and walk. The team will then massively overpay Jennings and maybe Redick. Trade Moute for some wing like Gerald Henderson in a sign and trade and the whole thing starts over next October with the Bucks listed at #19 on the power rankings. Then we will extend Larry Sanders for 4-years/$50 million.

Cue Grendon Jennings 9th seed trophy banner.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
askdavescat
Senior
And1: 43

Post#226 » by askdavescat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 pm

CH1LDI5H wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
trwi7 wrote:The only thing you could do is have a protest where no one shows up to the game or they show up for a quarter and walk out but I have no idea how you could coordinate that.

just chant "sell the team" or something at Kohl, he'll be able to hear you over the dozens in attendance and we'll probably be able to hear it over the TV feed too so the dozens at home watching can hear it too

I would do anything to make a difference. The petition is just an experiment of sorts.

I realize this is mostly just a 'keyboard imagining' idea, but ....

If a billboard could be put up downtown, with a big picture of Herb, and the caption 'NOBODY GIVES A DAMN ABOUT THE 8TH SEED!'

No way to hide that, no way to white-wash it, the way the Journal-Sentinnel and the Bucks-employee media personalities constantly do.

Again, I know this is just a dream, but it might actually give Herb and his cronies a clue as to why 2/3's of the BC is empty on a routine basis.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#227 » by emunney » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:00 pm

So has anybody heard the details on the trade the Hawks pulled out of?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#228 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:03 pm

emunney wrote:So has anybody heard the details on the trade the Hawks pulled out of?

I believe it was Udrih, Udoh, LRMAM and a protected 1st for Smith and Harris.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#229 » by emunney » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Amazing they agreed to it in the first place.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,413

Post#230 » by th87 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:10 pm

askdavescat wrote:I realize this is mostly just a 'keyboard imagining' idea, but ....

If a billboard could be put up downtown, with a big picture of Herb, and the caption 'NOBODY GIVES A DAMN ABOUT THE 8TH SEED!'

No way to hide that, no way to white-wash it, the way the Journal-Sentinnel and the Bucks-employee media personalities constantly do.

Again, I know this is just a dream, but it might actually give Herb and his cronies a clue as to why 2/3's of the BC is empty on a routine basis.

Would gladly pitch in for this idea. Much better than giving money to the Bucks.
KeyRabbit
Rookie
And1: 38

Post#231 » by KeyRabbit » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:19 am

trwi7 wrote:
emunney wrote:So has anybody heard the details on the trade the Hawks pulled out of?

I believe it was Udrih, Udoh, LRMAM and a protected 1st for Smith and Harris.

Hammond quote from Espn article:

"There was never a true offer on the table from Atlanta," he said. "They never said this is exactly what it will take to get a deal done, but we just continued to negotiate, talk and exchange ideas until the very last moment. It was a possibility."

Rookie
And1: 38

Post#232 » by KeyRabbit » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:27 am

Sir Charles weighs in:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/192586151.html

The trade for guard J.J. Redick did not answer any questions TNT's Charles Barkley has about the Bucks.

“I don’t know what Milwaukee is doing," Barkley said on Thursday night. "They are just trying to cover the market on guards. They’ve got Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings . . . .Reddick isn’t better than either one of those guys. I don’t know what they’re trying to do.”

Kevin Pelton, writing for ESPN Insider, also expressed confusion about where the Bucks are aiming. Pelton gave the Bucks a C+ grade for the deal.

"What are the Bucks doing?" Pelton said. "That's been the question everyone around the league has spent all week trying to figure out. Milwaukee was as active as anyone, and reportedly in discussions to trade for Josh Smith as part of a three-way trade until just before the deadline. Those talks broke down, but the Bucks still made the biggest splash of any team by acquiring Redick.

"Despite Redick nominally being a rental -- he's in the last year of a contract -- it's somewhat unclear how much this trade will help Milwaukee the rest of the way," Pelton said. "That will depend on how interim head coach Jim Boylan manages his revamped backcourt. The Bucks don't have a true backup for Brandon Jennings at the point after dealing (Beno) Udrih, which presumably means Redick and Monta Ellis will share ballhandling duties as part of a three-guard rotation. If that's a win, it's not by much. The clearer upgrade comes when Redick takes Ellis' minutes, giving Milwaukee a more efficient option at shooting guard. Our Bradford Doolittle estimated that change adding about a win to the Bucks' bottom line."

Tom Haberstroh of ESPN Insider included the Bucks' trade on his trade deadline winners list.

"I like this trade for the Bucks as long as they give J.J. Redick the playing time over Monta Ellis that he deserves," Haberstroh said. "Ellis is an inefficient chucker of the highest proportions and Redick can play. It's hard to imagine the Bucks moving youngsters Tobias Harris and Doron Lamb if they didn't plan on giving Redick a chance to shine. But we'll see. One thing Milwaukee fans can look forward to: the passes from Gustavo Ayon."

Haberstroh said Ellis should come off the bench.

"Right now, Ellis is on target for one of the most reckless shooting seasons in NBA history," Haberstroh said. "He's currently shooting 39.9% from the floor and 22.8% on 3-pointers, which wouldn't be so bad if he didn't think he was Kevin Durant out there. But alas, Ellis shoots 17.3 field goal attempts per game, the highest figure on the Bucks' roster."
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#233 » by SkilesTheLimit » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:36 am

I wonder what the Bucks brass thinks if/when they read a blurb like that tearing into Monta's 'chucker' ways and how truly inefficient he is as a player.

Do they relent and agree or do they dismiss it and think he's still a great scorer and that's all that matters?
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Post#234 » by blazza18 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:42 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:I wonder what the Bucks brass thinks if/when they read a blurb like that tearing into Monta's 'chucker' ways and how truly inefficient he is as a player.

Do they relent and agree or do they dismiss it and think he's still a great scorer and that's all that matters?

I think we know the answer to that one.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#235 » by SkilesTheLimit » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:46 am

blazza18 wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:I wonder what the Bucks brass thinks if/when they read a blurb like that tearing into Monta's 'chucker' ways and how truly inefficient he is as a player.

I think we know the answer to that one.

We know what they say publicly, but I wonder if there's a glimmer of hope that behind the scenes they're sick of him and are as frustrated as we all are. I know the odds are slim, but maybe they do dislike his game and that's why they made the Redick acquisition?
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#236 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:33 am

Not sure where to put this, but Bogut out indefinitely with back problems.

http://blog.sfgate.com/warriors/2013/02 ... efinitely/

Warriors center Andrew Bogut will miss Friday night’s game against San Antonio because of back spasms and is out indefinitely, according to head coach Mark Jackson.

The big man, who has played only 12 games this season because of left ankle surgery, missed Thursday’s practice and had an MRI on his back Friday. Jackson said he didn’t mean to sound grim about Bogut’s condition, but the team doesn’t yet have the results from his medical tests.

Bogut is averaging 7.1 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.58 blocked shots, and the Warriors are 6-6 with him in the starting lineup. He missed 43 games with a stress fracture in his lower back in 2008-09, one game with a mid-back strain in 2009-10 and five games with a sore back in 2010-11.

Posted By: Rusty Simmons ( Email , Twitter ) | Feb 22 at 6:13 pm
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#237 » by AussieBuck » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:38 am

askdavescat wrote:
I realize this is mostly just a 'keyboard imagining' idea, but ....

I'd contribute to this idea. I think it's a great idea.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,743

Post#238 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:53 am

In the same graph we get Chuck saying Redick isn't better than the $WAG twins, and Wolfley spelling Redick wrong.

Everything is awful.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#239 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Really sucks to have the trade deadline over and all hope gone.

Another depressing ride to the 9th seed while we scout players in the 12-14 lotto range. Then spend July hearing from Gery about how the Bucks are talking about every free agent but we only end up with Martell Webster for a huge overpay of 3/17.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Captain Erv
General Manager
And1: 78

Post#240 » by Captain Erv » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:10 pm

16 points on 9 shots makes Redick feel like Jordan. He should be our starting 2-guard next year, but I have slim hopes of us retaining him.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks