ImageImageImageImageImage

Be nice to Bargs until the summer...he is key to playoffs

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Yoga
Banned User
And1: 83

Be nice to Bargs until the summer...he is key to playoffs 

Post#1 » by Yoga » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:25 am

Seriously. I think all this negativitiy toward him is affecting his game. We need him to produce off the bench for any chance at the 8th seed.

Thanks
RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,504

Re: Be nice to Bargs until the summer...he is key to playoff 

Post#2 » by RaptorPride » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:27 am

Yea we should
Spoiler:

basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#3 » by basketball royalty » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:29 am

I agree but playing with Lucas and Anderson we could cheer everything he does and send him love notes and he still will do nothing because he won't get the ball.

Hope Telfair gets some minutes and is given a chance to spread the ball around for the bench guys. Also hope FIelds gets more burn as he is a guy that will do the little things without needed to take every shot that comes his way.
props to Turbozone for the sig
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,474

Post#4 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:39 am

**** that. The guy is being paid 10 million dollars a year.

If the fans aren't going to get wins or talents, the least they can ask for is effort.
buckzxl
Junior
And1: 196

Post#5 » by buckzxl » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:41 am

Okay I have to totally disagree with Bargs being key to the playoffs. If he starts to give 100% effort then yes that statement would be completely true BUT watching him off the ball is extremely frustrating. He runs out to help block a 3 but only gets half way there at the same time putting him out of position to rebound. He passes the ball and watches team mates drive in without going in for the offensive rebound. Opposing players drive by him and there's literally no resistance. He looks lost on offence not to mention that he always blows his defensive assignment. He is NOT the key to the playoffs, if only he had DeRozan or Valancuinas' motor then he'd be a very important part of our team but currently he lacks motivation which I think he has zero of.
allweneedisLOVE wrote:how many game winning shots do jordan/kobe have? i don't even think kobe has as many as lebron
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#6 » by Indeed » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:45 am

I thought Bargnani puts a lot of effort in man defense. He guarded Tim Duncan, Garnett and etc. with tons of effort. Really? No effort? People just want to see what they want to see, offensive rebound, but clearly not our strategy.

As I said before, I saw a hockey defender being boo not pinching from the blue line. Hey, he is a defender, he should skate back instead of pinch in. But then, there are fans who would boo someone who has no clue with the team strategy and the correct play.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#7 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:47 am

Indeed wrote:I thought Bargnani puts a lot of effort in man defense. He guarded Tim Duncan, Garnett and etc. with tons of effort. Really? No effort? People just want to see what they want to see, offensive rebound, but clearly not our strategy.

As I said before, I saw a hockey defender being boo not pinching from the blue line. Hey, he is a defender, he should skate back instead of pinch in. But then, there are fans who would boo someone who has no clue with the team strategy and the correct play.

So on a few defensive possessions, he gives the adequate amount of effort, and we're supposed to be happy with that?

Talk about low standards.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#8 » by whysoserious » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:48 am

Go earn the niceness and cheers from the fans. Looking disinterested, missing assignments and not boxing out doesn't get you cheers or get rid of the boos. Everything he's getting is well deserved.

This is on Bargs, not the fans. Show them reasons not to boo you.
andyo
Assistant Coach
And1: 447

Post#9 » by andyo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:48 am

Hard to see him being the key to anything. His confidence is shook and he doesn't respond to criticism, what would make one think that he'd respond to this situation (The worst since his tenure here).

He's playing completely tentative on offense, he runs away from iso situations when the ball swings his side. He can't hit open shots and provides nothing defensively when his shot isn't falling.
Reef
Starter
And1: 733

Post#10 » by Reef » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:49 am

More coddling is the answer.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#11 » by Indeed » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:52 am

Duffman100 wrote:
Indeed wrote:I thought Bargnani puts a lot of effort in man defense. He guarded Tim Duncan, Garnett and etc. with tons of effort. Really? No effort? People just want to see what they want to see, offensive rebound, but clearly not our strategy.

So on a few defensive possessions, he gives the adequate amount of effort, and we're supposed to be happy with that?

Top 5 man/post defense in the league is not enough? That is low standards?
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#12 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:54 am

Indeed wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

Advanced defensive statistics are the toughest to trust. There is no way that Bargnani is ACTUALLY a top 5 post defender. We both know that's not true.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#13 » by whysoserious » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:56 am

Indeed wrote:[

Even if I was to give you that he's that, he does it in spurts and then gives up the most ridiculous offensive rebound that falls in front of him or something stupid.

He simply is not engaged in the game and the things going on around him when he's on the court at all times. Fans have had enough.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#14 » by Indeed » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:57 am

Duffman100 wrote:
Indeed wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

Advanced defensive statistics are the toughest to trust. There is no way that Bargnani is ACTUALLY a top 5 post defender. We both know that's not true.

Oh, come on, it happened before, and simply you ignore them when that is the fact. Bad thing about Bargnani you will throw it around, good thing about Bargnani will never happen?

I haven't started watching this game, but the last game, Randolph didn't even "try" to go against Bargnani on isolation. He simply throws the ball back after a second. And Bargnani did a very nice job recovering and blocking Randolph on one possession when Randolph got the inside position and thought it would be an easy basket.
buckzxl
Junior
And1: 196

Post#15 » by buckzxl » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:58 am

Indeed wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

He is not a top defender, please.
allweneedisLOVE wrote:how many game winning shots do jordan/kobe have? i don't even think kobe has as many as lebron
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#16 » by ballislife » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:59 am

Honestly, Im a Bargs hater, but he needs more touches. The only way he's going to be somewhat effective is if we actually make an effort to get him a shot.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#17 » by Indeed » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:01 am

whysoserious wrote:
Indeed wrote:

Even if I was to give you that he's that, he does it in spurts and then gives up the most ridiculous offensive rebound that falls in front of him or something stupid.

He simply is not engaged in the game and the things going on around him when he's on the court at all times. Fans have had enough.

He gives up the most offensive rebound? The stats shows the other way around.
On the other hand, you have proofs for that? Pretty bias from my opinion, since the team defensive rebounding rate is a +0.6% on/off, which is above our team average, and our defensive rebounding rate is among average of the league.
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631

Post#18 » by wolfv » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:03 am

It's been 7 years of pent up anger. He needed to be dealt because it will get even worse. He has no role on the team right now and will have to step it up in other areas besides scoring because he's not getting even half the touches he used to get. He CAN shut the fans up, but it will be tough.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#19 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:03 am

Indeed wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
Indeed wrote:

Oh, come on, it happened before, and simply you ignore them when that is the fact. Bad thing about Bargnani you will throw it around, good thing about Bargnani will never happen?

I haven't started watching this game, but the last game, Randolph didn't even "try" to go against Bargnani on isolation. He simply throws the ball back after a second. And Bargnani did a very nice job recovering and blocking Randolph on one possession when Randolph got the inside position and thought it would be an easy basket.

Ok, even if I give you that he's somehow a top 5 defender.

What about this game? When they aren't posting someone like Chandler up? What value is he? What does Bargnani do?
Jay240
Sixth Man
And1: 592

Post#20 » by Jay240 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:05 am

Well booing him at games won't make him play any better, so this makes sense. Except the part of him being key. But how well he plays can make a huge difference. Forget his rebounding he can't do that but if he can hit a few threes here and there, that can be a good start.

Return to Toronto Raptors