ImageImageImageImageImage

PLAYOFFS WATCH (All in for 7th seed!!!)

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Re: PLAYOFFS WATCH (Road to 8th seed) 

Post#181 » by rand0m » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:42 am

I'm having huge doubts we get in also. We need luck on our side because GSW/Utah/HOU have to underperform and we have to overperform to steal a spot. Barring some ridiculous run to close out the season of course. Something along the lines of 21-6.
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#182 » by Kobe System » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:49 am

Houston seems to be winning.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#183 » by Jajwanda » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:36 am

The good news for L.A. is that outside of OKC and Miami, L.A. can take MWP out of their starting lineup in the playoffs.

Against SA in the first round, L.A. can start their best lineup with Nash-Meeks-Bryant-Clark-Howard
Kobe System
Lead Assistant

Post#184 » by Kobe System » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:39 am

Jajwanda wrote:The good news for L.A. is that outside of OKC and Miami, L.A. can take MWP out of their starting lineup in the playoffs.

Against SA in the first round, L.A. can start their best lineup with Nash-Meeks-Bryant-Clark-Howard

Or Nash-Bryant-Clark-Pau-Dwight.
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#185 » by AdonisDeMarion » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:42 am

Kobe System wrote:
Jajwanda wrote:The good news for L.A. is that outside of OKC and Miami, L.A. can take MWP out of their starting lineup in the playoffs.

Or Nash-Bryant-Clark-Pau-Dwight.

Either would do, the second would be too much size for the Spurs inside
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#186 » by Jajwanda » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:48 am

The Spurs play a big lineup and then a small lineup off the bench. L.A. matches up well with them. L.A.'s numbers this year when the floor is balanced are absurd.

There's a reason L.A. wants to sign a washed up player in Raja Bell. If they can get away him with on defense the floor will be spread and L.A. will do well.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#187 » by JohnVancouver » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:00 am

we're 10-4 since Jan. 25 (Utah), in case anyone was wondering
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
dlakers82
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#188 » by dlakers82 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 am

we are now 3 games back (Houston Lost, THANKS WASHINGTONS) and with a win tomorrow (hopefully) we will be 2.5 games back...WOOT

Plus Clippers face utah...Clipper nation please help your neighbors...
StarneyBinston
Junior
And1: 41

Post#189 » by StarneyBinston » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 am

Wizards beat Houston! :rockon:
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,228

Post#190 » by TheHartBreakKid » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:47 am

Thank god for the Wizards....now we need to take care of business tommorow
Kobe System
Lead Assistant

Post#191 » by Kobe System » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:10 am

Call me a bandwagon fan. I rooted for Washington, now I am a Clippers supporter! Go Clippers! :lol:
Kobe System
Lead Assistant

Post#192 » by Kobe System » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:11 am

wafer88 wrote:Thank god for the Wizards....now we need to take care of business tommorow

This. If we lose tomorrow, this Washington win would mean nothing.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,925

Post#193 » by Optms » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:16 am

But we'll win tomorrow so its okay.
StarneyBinston
Junior
And1: 41

Post#194 » by StarneyBinston » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:19 am

And it's still better than if Houston had won.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#195 » by AcecardZ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:24 am

I'm so annoyed the Denver game is a back to back. It's an extremely difficult game for us to win in the first place but on a back to back and in Denver it's nearly impossible. Ty Lawson will just run us out of the damn gym.

The reason I'm less than optimistic about our chances to make the playoffs is our team has two huge problems:

1) Front court depth is very thin. Dwight's shoulder could give out at any time and if that happens it's over.

2) An even bigger problem is our inability to defend speedy young point guards. We just get killed by guys like CP3, Lawson, Parker (not so young I know), Westbrook, Lin, Lillard etc. That's just not the type of hole a team can have if they want to compete for a championship.

Yes we can still make the playoffs but unless we find a way to defend opposing PG's better we're not going to make much noise once we get there.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#196 » by AdonisDeMarion » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:11 am

AcecardZ wrote:I'm so annoyed the Denver game is a back to back. It's an extremely difficult game for us to win in the first place but on a back to back and in Denver it's nearly impossible. Ty Lawson will just run us out of the damn gym.

The reason I'm less than optimistic about our chances to make the playoffs is our team has two huge problems:

1) Front court depth is very thin. Dwight's shoulder could give out at any time and if that happens it's over.

2) An even bigger problem is our inability to defend speedy young point guards. We just get killed by guys like CP3, Lawson, Parker (not so young I know), Westbrook, Lin, Lillard etc. That's just not the type of hole a team can have if they want to compete for a championship.

Yes we can still make the playoffs but unless we find a way to defend opposing PG's better we're not going to make much noise once we get there.

This is why I wanted West to play for us, he's cheap and crazy so its all good because you have to be a lil crazry to play in LA
BattleTested
Veteran
And1: 529

Post#197 » by BattleTested » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:45 am

Really, we just need to be a game back of Houston by the last game of the season. If we beat them we tie them in the season series. Therefore the tiebreaker is in conference win percentage which we hold 2 game advantage on right now.

These next two game are really important. I think if we can find some way to beat Dallas, then get a win in Denver on a back to back to climb back to .500 we'll be in a good position to make the playoffs.
Lakers fan since 99.

PCProductions wrote:NBA has probably the most parity of any pro sport.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#198 » by AcecardZ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:01 am

AdonisDeMarion wrote:
AcecardZ wrote:I'm so annoyed the Denver game is a back to back. It's an extremely difficult game for us to win in the first place but on a back to back and in Denver it's nearly impossible. Ty Lawson will just run us out of the damn gym.

This is why I wanted West to play for us, he's cheap and crazy so its all good because you have to be a lil crazry to play in LA

Ya as crazy as it sounds DeLonte probably could help us defensively. He's bigger and more athletic than Nash and as big as Blake and definitely a better defender. Blake can't guard his own shadow.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#199 » by Beethoven » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:23 am

I think Steve Blake has been holding his own defensively (in respect to the rest of the bench) and he has bee playing more aggressively and smarter this season than seasons past.

I actually like blake a lot coming off the bench and sometimes I like him in place of Nash.

I do believe Blake doesn't get enough credit around here.

So glad that Utah and Houston lost today it is another inch towards success for us but will be all for naught if we get lax. We have to beat dallas tomorrow.

It is the only existence to the minds of lakers now. They should focus and meditate solely on beating Dallas tomorrow and that is it. Just beat Dallas.
Beat them.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#200 » by JohnVancouver » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:06 pm

I'v ebeen impressed by Blake, too. Neither he nor Ridnour get the respect they deserve, both very capable PGs
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon

Return to Los Angeles Lakers