ImageImageImageImage

Magic(15-39) @ Grizzlies(35-18)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Re: Magic(15-39) @ Grizzlies(35-18) 

Post#201 » by Gomagic44 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:27 am

Honorable loss
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,770

Post#202 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:27 am

If not for Kenny Mauer, hell, who knows.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
IGotDaMagicInMe
Sixth Man
And1: 203

Post#203 » by IGotDaMagicInMe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:27 am

I see AAA in the same situation as BBD last year where they got to the team and expected to get a ton of mins and got very upset when they realized they had to share half their mins with a white guy. BBD throwing tantrums when he found out he was on the bench behind Ryno and AAA with his cryptic tweets anout JJ getting a chance to start and seeming to show more effort after he's gone. Maybe i'm reading too much into it ;)
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Post#204 » by Howard Mass » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:27 am

Great effort by The Magic playing short handed. Too bad it is a loss but am proud of the effort tonight.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
londoncollin
Bench Warmer
And1: 231

Post#205 » by londoncollin » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:27 am

Proud of the guys. Never would have thought we'd be in it in the fourth. Bright future for us.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#206 » by OrlandO » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:28 am

zbo gave moe a shout out for his effort tonight... told him to keep working hard
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#207 » by woosah » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:28 am

IGotDaMagicInMe wrote:I see AAA in the same situation as BBD last year where they got to the team and expected to get a ton of mins and got very upset when they realized they had to share half their mins with a white guy. BBD throwing tantrums when he found out he was on the bench behind Ryno and AAA with his cryptic tweets anout JJ getting a chance to start and seeming to show more effort after he's gone. Maybe i'm reading too much into it ;)

BS
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
D12VCMagic
Sixth Man
And1: 441

Post#208 » by D12VCMagic » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:29 am

You could tell Harrington wanted to be out there, hopefully he plays soon. I'm looking forward to seeing how Udrih and Harris perform tommorrow.
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach
And1: 277

Post#209 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:31 am

That was a hell of a effort guys being shorthanded, once these young guys get it, we got some hidden gems on this team.
@InthemindofCP on Twitter, Find Me
Thehardwoodnation.com
Balls In Our Court Podcast Link: http://inthemindofcp.podomatic.com
Orlando Magic
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#210 » by OrlandO » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:31 am

IGotDaMagicInMe wrote:I see AAA in the same situation as BBD last year where they got to the team and expected to get a ton of mins and got very upset when they realized they had to share half their mins with a white guy. BBD throwing tantrums when he found out he was on the bench behind Ryno and AAA with his cryptic tweets anout JJ getting a chance to start and seeming to show more effort after he's gone. Maybe i'm reading too much into it ;)

BBD was upset he wasn't starting and AA was probably annoyed he had to play out of position, but it had nothing to do with the fact that jj and anderson are white... wtf kind of comment is that.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#211 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:33 am

That was great effort and energy shown tonight by the team. Props to Coach for mentally preparing the guys to compete out there.

AA, Professor Drew, and Hark all played exceptionally well. Harkless in particular is impressing me as I love how he has picked up his game as of late.

Looking forward to the new guys being available on Saturday against the Cavs.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#212 » by woosah » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:35 am

^ they play tomorrow.

You can't be mad at the effort. Ready to see the newbies.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
IGotDaMagicInMe
Sixth Man

Post#213 » by IGotDaMagicInMe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:39 am

OrlandO wrote:

BBD was upset he wasn't starting and AA was probably annoyed he had to play out of position, but it had nothing to do with the fact that jj and anderson are white... wtf kind of comment is that.

I've known more than enough people that think JJ and ryno can't be good cause theyre white. I'm willing to bet that players have lots of friends that give them **** about it
Visirale
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#214 » by Visirale » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:41 am

Haven't posted here in a while, but I've been keeping up with the team the best I can since I've left the Florida TV market. I've been really happy with the moves Hennigan has made. I'm glad we're going into full tank mode and hoarding young players. We have a lot of young guys and every minute of playtime they get is really invaluable. I know it's not the most fun for a majority of fans to watch, but I love watching them learn from their mistakes and mature throughout the season. Great effort out there tonight from a team that had no business ever being close with the roster they had tonight.

The bad part? This year's draft looks terrrrrribbbbllleeee, so I'm sure we have another season or two of this level of basketball ahead of us. I do believe that it will all be worth it in the end. Hope our guys keep on putting in the effort and I hope I can catch a game in a week once I'm in town.
D12VCMagic
Sixth Man
And1: 441

Post#215 » by D12VCMagic » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:41 am

IGotDaMagicInMe wrote:
OrlandO wrote:

I've known more than enough people that think JJ and ryno can't be good cause theyre white. I'm willing to bet that players have lots of friends that give them **** about it

Just stop.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#216 » by OrlandO » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:46 am

IGotDaMagicInMe wrote:
OrlandO wrote:

What do your racist friends have to do with what NBA players think of each other? Besides, Afflalo is averaging 36 minutes this season... a career high. And Anderson was putting up good stats from the start of that season. Your reasoning for your crazy opinion is flawed.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#217 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:48 am

woosah wrote:^ they play tomorrow.

You can't be mad at the effort. Ready to see the newbies.

Good catch. Have no idea how I messed that up... :lol: :oops:
IGotDaMagicInMe
Sixth Man

Post#218 » by IGotDaMagicInMe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:57 am

OrlandO wrote:
IGotDaMagicInMe wrote:

What do your racist friends have to do with what NBA players think of each other? Besides, Afflalo is averaging 36 minutes this season... a career high. And Anderson was putting up good stats from the start of that season. Your reasoning for your crazy opinion is flawed.

Listen, it isn't "my racist friends" there are a lot of people whose thoughts are subconsciously affected by players race. It's not just white people either, Jeremy Lin got cut multiple times and even when he played well got called a novelty.

But I'll keep in mind not to bring up race anymore because some people aren't comfortable with it and you can't bring it up without offending somebody or having somebody call you a stupid racist, its like talking about religion or politics :lol:
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#219 » by OrlandO » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:07 am

It's unfortunate race enters your mind before the obvious reasons why they would be frustrated... like I said, your reasoning for bringing up the race card was uncalled for. Afflalo has played more than ever and Ryno was outplaying everybody not named dwight.
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#220 » by Gomagic44 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:08 am

IGotDaMagicInMe wrote:
OrlandO wrote:

I may be Irish and acknowledge that there are many african Americans with exceptional athetletic ability, disproportionately in major league sports to it would seem so. However that is such a bs excuse. Why would you even drag yourself to that level.

Return to Orlando Magic