ImageImageImageImageImage

Playoff Hope Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

overdose
Analyst
And1: 1,506

Re: Playoff Hope Thread 

Post#501 » by overdose » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:02 am

Raps play:

Washington 3x
Cleveland 2x
Charlotte 2x
Detroit 2x
Milwaukee 2x
Atlanta 2x
Minnesota
Lakers
Phoenix

that's 16 games of the remaining 26 that we should win, that would give us a record of 39-43 which should be good for a playoff spot...

Raps also play:

New York 2x
Chicago 2x
Boston 2x
Indiana
Miami
Brooklyn
Golden state

and they have shown that they can steal some games against these teams as well
TorontoSlaptors
Junior
And1: 319

Post#502 » by TorontoSlaptors » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:15 am

I don't see Bucks holding on to the 8th seed, but it's equally a question if we can continue to play at a high level like we are right now. If Rudy can control his shot attempts, and if Bargnani can become anything of value from here on, we might stand a chance to get into the 8th seed. But the fact is, we face Miami, we're ousted in the first round, possibly swept. We need to ride the momentum.
Please check out our YouTube channel if you get a chance! Raptors all day! - Thumbhais
mapko81
Sixth Man
And1: 18

Post#503 » by mapko81 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:25 am

overdose wrote:Raps play:

Washington 3x
Cleveland 2x
Charlotte 2x
Detroit 2x
Milwaukee 2x
Atlanta 2x
Minnesota
Lakers
Phoenix

that's 16 games of the remaining 26 that we should win, that would give us a record of 39-43 which should be good for a playoff spot...

Raps also play:

New York 2x
Chicago 2x
Boston 2x
Indiana
Miami
Brooklyn
Golden state

and they have shown that they can steal some games against these teams as well

Beating the Lakers at home is hardly a game we should win. But I agree with you otherwise, we have a lot of winnable games and a decent schedule the rest of the way.
RapHippy
Rookie
And1: 267

Post#504 » by RapHippy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:39 am

They hopes for playoffs get brighter and brighter every week after that 4-19 start.

I'm really hoping for us to make the playoffs, it will get us some more recognition and we'll see how our players can learn from experiencing the atmosphere. Also because we wouldn't be giving up our pick any time soon if we can prove ourselves and make the playoffs after such a rough start.
raptorsfan24
Banned User
And1: 794

Post#505 » by raptorsfan24 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:55 am

I really want us to give up our pick this year and get ninth. But if we can somehow get to 7th I think we can give the Knicks a run for their money.
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,530

Post#506 » by Rapcity_11 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:59 am

raptorsfan24 wrote:I really want us to give up our pick this year and get ninth. But if we can somehow get to 7th I think we can give the Knicks a run for their money.

No chance the Knicks finish 2nd. Hell, they aren't even second anymore.
Easy
Sixth Man
And1: 27

Post#507 » by Easy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:05 am

Rapcity_11 wrote:
raptorsfan24 wrote:I really want us to give up our pick this year and get ninth. But if we can somehow get to 7th I think we can give the Knicks a run for their money.

No chance the Knicks finish 2nd. Hell, they aren't even second anymore.

Well, the Pacers are now second and we're 2-1 against them.
Mohanad
Pro Prospect
And1: 698

Post#508 » by Mohanad » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:37 am

Go Raptors, Rudy taking them all the way to the playoffs. They have the momentum and an easy schedule the rest of the way, Ide be shocked if they missed out. Ideally 7th would work because Miami is prolly not even gonna have to have any practies during that series. They will prolly be more concerned on were to party after games 3 and 4 lol. Raps can give Indiana or the Knicks a tough series but Miami is gonna smash everyone this playoffs. No more pressure after the Chamionship last year, they know what needs to be done now.
Camboflage
Veteran
And1: 1,725

Post#509 » by Camboflage » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:48 am

Good looks overdose. I think we could steal 1-2 from either Boston and NY certainly.

Chicago is one i can see us losing both because they usually match our bigs energy.

LA is iffy, especially in their house but we got a few guys showcasing for family.

Nonetheless, i am confident going into any game as long as play hard off the bat.
Legal Non-Conforming
Sixth Man
And1: 388

Post#510 » by Legal Non-Conforming » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Camboflage wrote:Good looks overdose. I think we could steal 1-2 from either Boston and NY certainly.

Chicago is one i can see us losing both because they usually match our bigs energy.

LA is iffy, especially in their house but we got a few guys showcasing for family.

Nonetheless, i am confident going into any game as long as play hard off the bat.

Keep waiting for the Celtics to crash. Their winning streak has been unbelievable.
“The North Remembers"
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#511 » by Lord Eder » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Legal Non-Conforming wrote:
Camboflage wrote:Good looks overdose. I think we could steal 1-2 from either Boston and NY certainly.

Keep waiting for the Celtics to crash. Their winning streak has been unbelievable.

Everyone says this every year. They start out slow and everyone claims their too old and their window is closed. Then they always go on some crazy run to finish the regular season and go deep in the playoffs. I won't count Boston out until KG retires
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
pbj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,757

Post#512 » by pbj » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Here you go.. Remaining schedule definitely favours us..

Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,275

Post#513 » by Brinbe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:36 pm

How bout Philly?
MagnusPinus
Analyst
And1: 148

Post#514 » by MagnusPinus » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:46 pm

The Raptors are playing like ****.. but are winning.. so there is hope. This is the new Nba.. The worse and more individual game u play the most chances u have to win
GuyverADL wrote:
The only thing Curry will raise from the start of the season is his cholesterol.
People do not understand Curry's reason for wanting to be a ballerina. He wanted to be able to contort his body to be able to fit in the fridge.
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#515 » by Oakville_Raptor » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:00 pm

The fact that the Raptors would have potentially had 4 more wins right now had the refs not screwed them. Let that sink in for a bit fellow Raptors fans...
WalterCronkite
Rookie
And1: 106

Post#516 » by WalterCronkite » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:11 pm

Oakville_Raptor wrote:The fact that the Raptors would have potentially had 4 more wins right now had the refs not screwed them. Let that sink in for a bit fellow Raptors fans...

Or if they didn't play like complete D-Leaguer's for the first 23 games. You chose your own fate.
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#517 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:12 pm

MagnusPinus wrote:The Raptors are playing like ****.. but are winning.. so there is hope. This is the new Nba.. The worse and more individual game u play the most chances u have to win

LOL, if playing awful meant better results, Barfs would be the greatest player in NBA history!
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#518 » by Lord Eder » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:15 pm

WalterCronkite wrote:
Oakville_Raptor wrote:The fact that the Raptors would have potentially had 4 more wins right now had the refs not screwed them. Let that sink in for a bit fellow Raptors fans...

Or if they didn't play like complete D-Leaguer's for the first 23 games. You chose your own fate.

LOL

True enough. That start to the season really killed us :(
- Chuck Swirsky
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,297

Post#519 » by Parataxis » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:25 pm

RapsFanInVA wrote:
jasonliw93 wrote:
overdose wrote:Just think how important those 4 stolen games are now smh

If we don't make the playoffs, it will definitely be because of those 4 games. no question about it.

And we'll give OKC our late lottery pick. Honestly I won't be that upset.

If we keep our pick this year, it's unlikely they'll get anything better than a late lottery pick next year; even more likely is that we keep our 2014 pick as well.
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#520 » by Lord Eder » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:29 pm

The scary thing though, is that, if we don't give it up soon, eventually it will have NO protection. Similar situation to how Detroit ended up with the 2nd overall pick in the 2003 draft from a trade they made with the Grizzlies YEARS prior. I'd die if that happened to Toronto, especially in such a deep draft lol
- Chuck Swirsky

Return to Toronto Raptors