ImageImageImageImageImage

Our defense isn't consistent and we are missing someone who

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

MeloTime
Sixth Man
And1: 409

Our defense isn't consistent and we are missing someone who 

Post#1 » by MeloTime » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:06 am

Our defense is isn't consistant and we are missing someone who can drive, penetrate, score and kick out. We are really missing that guard that can create his own shot and get to the line.

I am not talking about JR Smith's step back and contested fade aways.
I am not talking about Felton's ability to drive, penetrate and score.
Truth be told, there is a reason Felton is getting paid what he is getting paid.
He is an AVERAGE point guard. Besides him averaging 15 ppg and 6 apg 40 % fg , there is the eye test.
He is just an average point guard maybe slightly above average. At this point, he would be a GREAT back up.

I am not trying to beat on a dead horse but J.Lin is that player we are missing. He shown us he can take over games, make big plays, drive, get to the free throw line and create for others. He was a THREAT on the basketball court, Felton not so much.

Lin is averaging 13 ppg 6 apg 44% fg with the same amount of TO's like Felton.
Lin is taking 10 shots while Felton is taking 15.

At this point in the season, it is clear we miss Lin. I have no problems with Felton. But having a Lin/Felton/Kidd back court would have been a very very good problem.

If you have Lin, Melo and stat all on the floor to close out the game, you have 3 closers.
Now we have Felton, Melo and Stat ( not at the moment , so that person is JR)....you only have 2 closers.
At the moment we only have 1 closer , named Melo. JR is not a closer, despite his game winners.

I agree we miss Sheed & Camby, but even if we solve our defensive problems, we still have offensive problems.

Letting Lin walk was not a basketball decision, because there wouldn't have been a problem with having 3 point guards ( who many can argue are all back ups/average players). It was personal and it may cost this team a championship. No I am not saying Lin = championship but I am saying he would have definitely helped.

Thoughts ?
ajax77
Sophomore
And1: 14

Re: Our defense isn't consistent and we are missing someone 

Post#2 » by ajax77 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:22 am

Agree on the whole Lin thing. I said it before that we got nothing in return for him and Landry. And no Landry doesnt suck. Instead of Kidd should have gotten OJ Mayo. We are too old. What does it say when Rasheed Wallace in the lineup helped us to a 16-4 mark? He is old school and one of the few guys that no one fu@@a with because he has been there and done that. If he was 32 we win a championship boys! Bringing Camby back was a waste and why is KT still here? Woodson aka Mr. Potato head is just as bad as Danphoni now. The owner just wants to make money. Even when Walsh said no to a Melo deal because we were giving up too much he was forced to make the deal. Doesnt look good now. Missed a chance to make deals and now stubborn Woody will make no changes anytime soon.
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#3 » by frogfood » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:27 am

nothing against Felton who I like, but agreed 100%
MeloTime
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by MeloTime » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:27 am

Ajax, Agree with what you said. Right now KT has no value. Why couldn't we spin him at the deadline with the 2nd rounder from OKC to the spurs for Blair ? They were just looking to dump him and they would've loved a second round pick and KT in return. Blair would be useful right now.

Sheed is a perfect example of why K-Mart is a good signing. Now if can have Sheed come back and have K-Mart along with Tyson. Our defense should get back on track.
MeloTime
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by MeloTime » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:29 am

frogfood wrote:nothing against Felton who I like, but agreed 100%

I have no problems with Felton except the fact he is playing 34 mpg and is our starting point guard.
Felton at this point has proven he can't carry a team. But has proven he can be essential to a team's success.
Felton at 25 mpg as a 6th or 7th man would be much more ideal.

Truth be told, he will be our starting point guard for the next 3 years.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#6 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:31 am

You're beating a dead horse.

Sorry man, this will not be productive.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten

Return to New York Knicks