Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

denial
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,014

Re: Suns aquire Marcus Morris 

Post#101 » by denial » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:15 am

For the value, I like it.

But, this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard anyone say:

our feeling was then and is now that a lot of magic can happen on the floor with those two because they have this special, esoteric, cryptic communication between one another that helps the team

-lance blanks

Apparently we're scouting for psychic magicians
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#102 » by RunDogGun » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:31 am

denial wrote:For the value, I like it.

our feeling was then and is now that a lot of magic can happen on the floor with those two because they have this special, esoteric, cryptic communication between one another that helps the team

-lance blanks

It is strange, but I coached a team with twins, and they just knew where each other were on the court at all times, and made some amazing passes to each other, when I thought there was no way the pass would connect. :o Really fun to watch, and coach.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,537

Post#103 » by Qwigglez » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:21 am

I think Marcus is the better player of the two. Hopefully he can develop and take over Beasley's position.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#104 » by RunDogGun » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:44 am

Qwigglez wrote:I think Marcus is the better player of the two. Hopefully he can develop and take over Beasley's position.

At this point it's clear that we just have to bite Beasley's contract and sit him for the remainder of the season. He only plays when we have injuries or foul trouble.
denial
Bench Warmer

Post#105 » by denial » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:59 pm

RunDogGun wrote:

-lance blanks

It is strange, but I coached a team with twins, and they just knew where each other were on the court at all times, and made some amazing passes to each other, when I thought there was no way the pass would connect. :o Really fun to watch, and coach.

I'm sure twins have a very special connection. I do not think it is sound criteria on which to judge professional basketball players' value or abilities.

By that logic, *any* twins would be amazing on any team sport. Telepathy would go a long way in tricking opponents. Lets just get the Morris's and the griffin's and that will be 4 of our starters. Dragic at the point.

C Griffin
Pf Morris
Sf Morris
Sg Griffin
Pg Dragic

We'd be magically great!

Again, to be clear, I like the move. It was a great deal, value-wise. But if the reasoning was predominately about uniting brothers, as all comments seems to suggest, then I am very worried. If that is the case, then we just lucked into a good deal.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#106 » by RunDogGun » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:46 pm

denial wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:

I'm sure twins have a very special connection. I do not think it is sound criteria on which to judge professional basketball players' value or abilities.

By that logic, *any* twins would be amazing on any team sport. Telepathy would go a long way in tricking opponents. Lets just get the Morris's and the griffin's and that will be 4 of our starters. Dragic at the point.

C Griffin
Pf Morris
Sf Morris
Sg Griffin
Pg Dragic

We'd be magically great!

Again, to be clear, I like the move. It was a great deal, value-wise. But if the reasoning was predominately about uniting brothers, as all comments seems to suggest, then I am very worried. If that is the case, then we just lucked into a good deal.

Wtf are you talking about? Who said anything about every twin? Man I say one thing, and you go off on this bazaar tangent. And I hope you know that the Griffin boys are not twins. If not, it explains why you didn't understand a word I said. :o
ShawnBronald
Sixth Man
And1: 365

Post#107 » by ShawnBronald » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:57 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
denial wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:

C Griffin
Pf Morris
Sf Morris
Sg Griffin
Pg Dragic

We'd be magically great!

Wtf are you talking about? Who said anything about every twin? Man I say one thing, and you go off on this bazaar tangent. And I hope you know that the Griffin boys are not twins. If not, it explains why you didn't understand a word I said. :o

He's thinking about those commercials where Blake goes back in time and talks to himself. :wink:
denial
Bench Warmer

Post#108 » by denial » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:08 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
Wtf are you talking about? Who said anything about every twin?

Given the context I mistakingly inferred your post as one in support of blank's notion of hiring because they're twins.

RunDogGun wrote: Man I say one thing, and you go off on this bazaar tangent. And I hope you know that the Griffin boys are not twins. If not, it explains why you didn't understand a word I said. :o

Bizarre tangent? I apologize.

I totally was thinking the griffins were twins! So I kinda played myself there.

Anyways all I was saying is that lance blanks should have a better criteria.

Edit: My (completely on-topic) point is, I wish blanks was not talking about the fact that they're twins as if that is why we signed him. I'd like to think it had something to do with the game or business of basketball.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#109 » by RunDogGun » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:59 pm

I think you read way too into what Blanks said. I didn't see any criteria for signing the twins just because they are twins. I think he was just saying that they always thought they would be special together, because of the bond the boys have. I completely agree with that, from my own experience coaching twins.

I don't think he was saying they would now be allstars or anything like that.
Sunsaholic
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#110 » by Sunsaholic » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:15 pm

He is averaging 8.6 PPG this year and is only in his second season. That automatically makes him worthy of a late 1st at the very least. Then you have his twin who he would play well together with and then it is just a why the hell not situation. It's not like we traded a second for some scrub that will never play or do anything just because he is a twin.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#111 » by rsavaj » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:27 pm

He's having a better season than Beasley is
JTrain
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#112 » by JTrain » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 am

There seems to be confusion on Blanks' use of the word "esoteric". I'm pretty sure he's using it in its broadest definition: "requiring or exhibiting knowledge that is restricted to a small group" This doesn't imply anything of supernatural/magical/parapsychological origin, even though the word came to be associated with such practices in various religious movements. Poor word choice perhaps.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,291

Post#113 » by sunskerr » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:26 am

He's automatically much better than Beasley. That's gotta count for something.
PSPUMD
Junior
And1: 59

Post#114 » by PSPUMD » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Very nice deal. They plays in different positions.. that would totally confuse the heck of opposing player trying to guard them :lol: especially when switching lol
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,502

Post#115 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:55 pm

-lance blanks

lol taken out of context, this is actually quite a funny quote.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#116 » by rsavaj » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:00 pm

Marcus Morris analysis: http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2013/ ... er-forward

Yep....he's best as a 4 too.

But we're gonna try to make him a 3.
ebrian
Junior
And1: 32

Post#117 » by ebrian » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:38 pm

Can you guys explain something to me? In 2005, my team (Raptors) had 3 Williams' on the team: Eric Williams, Alvin Williams and Aaron Williams.

The three guys wore the following jersey:

"E Williams"
"A Williams"
"Aa Williams"

What are you guys doing with the Morris twins? The first 3 letters of first name are identical...

"Marc Morris" and "Mark Morris" ??
ShawnBronald
Sixth Man
And1: 365

Post#118 » by ShawnBronald » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:59 pm

ebrian wrote:Can you guys explain something to me? In 2005, my team (Raptors) had 3 Williams' on the team: Eric Williams, Alvin Williams and Aaron Williams.

The three guys wore the following jersey:

"E Williams"
"A Williams"
"Aa Williams"

What are you guys doing with the Morris twins? The first 3 letters of first name are identical...

"Marc Morris" and "Mark Morris" ??

Their jerseys just say "MORRIS". I think, if the team wanted or needed to use a differentiating letter on the back of the jersey, they could go with: C Morris (MarCus) and K Morris (MarKieff).
Herman4MVP
Senior
And1: 34

Post#119 » by Herman4MVP » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:31 am

According to http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2013022710, Marcus has been very busy tonight - playing in Houston at 8PM just to win against the Spurs at 8:30 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2013022724)
:D

Or is there another Morris?? If so, let's trade for him - we can use some more PFs :D
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#120 » by Revived » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:37 am

This kid is showing a lot of potential. I want him to get some more minutes. I think he can actually be a quality starting SF in this league.

Return to Phoenix Suns