ImageImage

Redick, Ayon & Smith to the Bucks for Harris, Lamb and Udrih

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Re: Redick, Ayon & Smith to the Bucks for Harris, Lamb and U 

Post#781 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:01 am

Ish Smith will wear Tobias' #15 jersey. You've got some nerve kid..
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#782 » by Nebula1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:02 am

I think Redick is going to give the Bucks a FTD run.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,704

Post#783 » by jimmybones » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:10 am

Redick is listed on the team site as 6'0, 175 and a Wake Forest grad. Lulz, they put Ish Smith's stats on Redick's bio page. We're such a second rate organization it's unbelievable.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#784 » by whatthe_buck!? » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:16 am

Vandal4Life wrote:
MoneyInDaBank07 wrote:Am I missing something?? Is there anything that Redick does that Dunleavy doesn't?? Their per 36 min stats and TS% are essentially the same. Seem like clones of each other. Why not just resign Duns on the cheap rather than splurge on Redick in the offseason. Shooters gon shoot no matter their age.

That's roughly what an NBA scout told SI.com. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20130222/nba-trade-deadline-collective-bargaining-agreement/?sct=hp_t11_a2&eref=sihp#all

On the Bucks' acquisition of J.J. Redick: "If I'm with the Bucks, I'm asking, 'What does J.J. Redick give me? I'm in the eighth seed already. Is he going to help me beat Miami?' They've already got Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings getting all of the shots -- who's going to give up shots for J.J. Redick when he comes in?

"Milwaukee now doesn't have a backup point guard. They traded their only true point guard in Beno Udrih, who is a solid guy who didn't cause problems with their other guys in the backcourt. When they brought Udrih in off the bench they could move Jennings to the off-guard and play them and it would be no issue. Now I don't know who their backup point is. Are you going to rely on Monta to move to point guard?

"They've already got Mike Dunleavy as a scorer off the bench. I didn't see them making themselves any better at all. They're not striking fear in the hearts of people they're competing with for a playoff spot. I thought Orlando actually did better than Milwaukee in the end. Orlando accumulated young assets (Doron Lamb and Tobias Harris) who weren't throwaway players in college, and they got a veteran backup point. They weren't going anywhere, so they got a couple of young guys that they liked."

Nice find. This is exactly why we "lost" the deadline. He's redundant with what we already have to a certain extent, we gave up quality youth in the trade, and the one thing we HAD to do (either give Monta a brain transplant using Oscar Robinsons brain or dump his ass) we didn't accomplish, not to mention the hole we open up by trading our only competent backup point guard in Udrih.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#785 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:25 am

were better because redick is now the best gaurd weve got. when you upgrade a position, especially a weak one... you get better. im not sure where the confusion is.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#786 » by aboveAverage » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:31 am

We will be better, GoS, of Redick actually gets more minutes than Monta. Otherwise, it won't matter, if the chuck twins still continue to chuck.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#787 » by LUKE23 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:35 am

I don't think it's really relevant if we're better unless it actually leads to something relevant, i.e. advancing a round further than you would have previously. To me, these next 29 games are about as irrelevant as it gets, since the half the team is free agents. This teams future for a long time is decided this offseason.
randybreuerfan
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#788 » by randybreuerfan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:36 am

From a guy that would have no reason to lie, who told me he was on the plane with the three new Bucks.

Two were in sweatpants, and one of those 'seemed jolly.'

Ayon was one of those in sweatpants. He didn't seem so big, at least not as big as Dalembert, whom the guy had seen in person once.

The third was dressed like a fashionista. When John Hammond greeted him at the airport, he said, "Nice weather."
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#789 » by Ayt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:52 am

I'd like our backourt so much more if we had traded Ellis and still had Udrih.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#790 » by JayMKE » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:47 am

We might be marginally better but not in any significantly way. We have a better chance of moving up the 7th seed and there is less chance we fall to 9th. I don't understand how anyone thinks we'll go onto some magical FTD run unless they think Redick becomes prime Ray Allen down the stretch. Not moving the needle is right.

I'm interested in seeing how Jennings plays next to Redick, it should tell us how much he can adapt as a player.
FREE GIANNIS
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#791 » by WEFFPIM » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:49 am

Nebula1 wrote:I think Redick is going to give the Bucks a FTD run.

I have nothing to add. Just gonna let this linger some more.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#792 » by Ill-yasova » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:33 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:were better because redick is now the best gaurd weve got. when you upgrade a position, especially a weak one... you get better. im not sure where the confusion is.

Trading for a good shooting guard is useless if he's sharing shots with Monta Ellis who will be playing 35 minutes a game still. Not that hard to understand.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#793 » by ampd » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:51 am

We needed a shooter pretty badly. Redick definitely makes us better, it just remains to be seen how he can fit with Monta / BJ.

I'm guessing Monta plays more PG, and Redick takes a few of his minutes overall and we try a 3 guard lineup a few times and it fails. The biggest upside of this is that we no longer need to see heavy doses of Marquis Daniels on occasion.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#794 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:25 am

Nebula1 wrote:I think Redick is going to give the Bucks a FTD run.

Getting bounced in the 1st round? Sounds exciting!!
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#795 » by Nebula1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Look, the Bucks are going for the Playoffs.. might as well sit back and support it since ain't nothing changing until the summer. Here's hoping they get the 7 or better and steal a first round series. I definitely think Redick helps them pull that off.

Hate giving up Harris, but let's roll.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#796 » by LUKE23 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:30 pm

I think they would need to get up to the 5th seed to pull an upset. I also don't think Redick will be used properly on this roster. I doubt he even gets 30 minutes a game.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#797 » by Nebula1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:39 pm

I think they can beat any of these East teams outside Miami. Doubtful against Indiana, but I think they could pull it off against New York or Brooklyn or any of the rest. If Redick gets hot, it will get everybody else going. Admittedly I'm looking forward to this run.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#798 » by Wise1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:04 pm

It'll all be on Brandon. If he goes on a mega-tear in the playoffs and everyone else just plays up to their average ability, then the Bucks can win multiple playoff games against any team in the east. I'm talking 28 and 10 on good percentages type stuff from Brandon every game. Tall order..but he's capable in a short series.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#799 » by JustinCredible » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:06 pm

I am not so sure we are a lock for the playoffs. I coul easily see both the 76ers and Raptors catching us. I don't know SoS remaining but at a glance it looks like a tough schedule for us.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#800 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:41 pm

Wise1 wrote:It'll all be on Brandon. If he goes on a mega-tear in the playoffs...

The downside of this...some team offers him the max and we match.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks