ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Playoffs, we coming fo you!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,375

Re: PG: Playoffs, we coming fo you! 

Post#221 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:37 am

Rudy looked much better this game because he posted up and attacked the rim rather than settling for jumpers.
Lowry got some of his cajones back and looked like pre-injury Lowry tonight.

Val is a Varejo/Noah clone in the ways that people are just going to hate playing him, Chandler seemed bothered and irritated all night whenever Val was out there.

Bargs has basically been relegated to the Gay role as pick setter, it's obviously by design because he doesnt even get to touch the ball with AA and JL3 out there.

When Gay went off for against the Knicks in the 3rd, the only person that could stop him was AA taking it upon himself to break the run by chucking one up. How is no one on the Raptors seeing how much of a ball hog JL3 and AA are?
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,375

Post#222 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:39 am

Its also funny that people are quoting Isola, he's the Knicks version of Dougie.
Macho
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,422

Post#223 » by Macho » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:57 am

I want Amir to be a Raptor fir the rest of his career.
Tough Tony D
Analyst
And1: 314

Post#224 » by Tough Tony D » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:00 am

Macho wrote:I want Amir to be a Raptor fir the rest of his career.

+1
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#225 » by Undefeated » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:07 am

Anyone watching this Spurs-Warriors game? Crazy finish in the 4th into OT.

Jarrett Jack taking over
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Rare
Analyst
And1: 593

Post#226 » by Rare » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:33 am

Waylon Mercy wrote:They don't show people that go onto the field/court on sports broadcasts anymore because
they don't want to reward attention whore behavior.

Totally the right thing to do. Now if only the media could get it right with the glory the mentally ill shooters crave when shooting up movie theaters and elementary schools. Their faces are plastered all over the news and every household knows their name. Makes me rage to no end.

good 3rd and good finish to this game.
    o
☻/
/▌
/ \
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,532

Post#227 » by dTox » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:28 am

Great game, and solid performance from DD, Gay, Lowry, Jonas (for his D and managing to piss off Chandler), AA needs to understand that there are players superior to him on the pecking order in this team and stop looking off players like Gay and Demar to hoist up a contested shot. The way he chucks game in and game out, he's bound to have one hot shooting night like our last game vs the Grizz but it doesn't make up for all the countless horrid shooting nights he follows up with.
TBZ for the win
BlackBerry
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#228 » by BlackBerry » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:42 am

Let's go Raptors. I doubt they will go far in the play offs, but it gives them the experience they need. Next year they will be even stronger. I am a Toronto resident (so obviously I got love for the Raptors) but a Heat fan. It's gonna be hard but I want me Heat to win over raps, but I defiantly want Raptors to make the finals next year.
RaptorNews
RealGM
And1: 23,156

Post#229 » by RaptorNews » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:47 am

BlackBerry wrote:Let's go Raptors. I doubt they will go far in the play offs, but it gives them the experience they need. Next year they will be even stronger. I am a Toronto resident (so obviously I got love for the Raptors) but a Heat fan. It's gonna be hard but I want me Heat to win over raps, but I defiantly want Raptors to make the finals next year.

And you have a Lakers sig? MAKE UP YOUR MIND MAN!
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,363

Post#230 » by Hero » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:19 am

I went to the game and it was probably the best game I've been to. The other games I've been to with electric atmosphere we always end up losing. It was amazing really.

There was quite a bit of Knicks fans. Maybe 15-20%.
In my section there were so many of them Like a good 40+. All drunk and wearing Knicks colours. One guy got so drunk the police had to remove him. Later in the game the Knicks fans started chanting "Raptors suck" and were told to stop by the attendant. Other fans also yelled at them to stop and that it wasn't allowed.

It was as packed as I've seen the ACC. Maybe more so than with Heat or Lakers games. The first time AB was introduced it was out of a timeout and it wasn't announced over the PA. Everyone was disappointed as we wanted to boo him. However as soon as he touched the ball the boos started. He was pretty awful all game even by his standards. You could hear fans picking away at his play and defense. At his stat line. They were excited when he finally got his first"1" which was a foul. Everything else read 0 and he really didn't do anything out there. Not fighting for position and rebounds. Not doing much of offense besides hanging around the 3 pt line either.

In the 3rd he played again and we all booed. I was surprised at how unanimous it was. The vast majority were booing him. Melo was good but Casey's rotations really baffled me. AA and Fields were guarding Melo most of the time instead of Gay. Not sure why especially since it wasn't like Rudy was in foul trouble. Also when the Knicks went on the run in the 4th, I'm not sure why Lowry wasn't brought in till the 6 min mark?

The end was really fun. The crowd was so loud. Everyone on their feet and cheering so much. Great game! Was my B'day present too!
arbsn
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,627

Post#231 » by arbsn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:31 am

best rap game i've been to since the CB4 era
Jeremy Lin Sim
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#232 » by Jeremy Lin Sim » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:32 am

Maybe the fans at ACC should cheer AB. Might actually get some production out of him.
Chamilitary Man
Starter
And1: 1,360

Post#233 » by Chamilitary Man » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:47 am

BlackBerry wrote:Let's go Raptors. I doubt they will go far in the play offs, but it gives them the experience they need. Next year they will be even stronger. I am a Toronto resident (so obviously I got love for the Raptors) but a Heat fan. It's gonna be hard but I want me Heat to win over raps, but I defiantly want Raptors to make the finals next year.

Ladies and Gentleman, the epitome of bandwagoning. Lives in Toronto and gave up on the Raptors to cheer for both the Heat and the Lakers. Usually bandwagoners pick one or the other, this guy managed to get both, AND claim loyalty to the hometown team as soon as they've shown signs of improvement.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,363

Post#234 » by Hero » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:00 am

We have a lot of OKC fans here as well.

I have to open my Lowry bobblehead and put him next to my Val, Andrea and Demar figures.
RaptorNews
RealGM
And1: 23,156

Post#235 » by RaptorNews » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:08 am

Happy birthday Hero!
DanBootleg
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#236 » by DanBootleg » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:05 pm

PRESTIGE wrote:Anybody else getting sick of these commercials? I'm starting to hear this stuff in my sleep:

Before Andrea hits the court, he must be ready for everything..

Nobody believe what I can do. Nobody seen what I can do. Peak I can play..

Nadal's playing poker! ..

I'm Georges St. Pierre and I play different..

This pulled pork penne is divine..

*Weird violin music with old man winter*

Landry bang bus

Bautista's batting right now..

The worst part is they're all awful commercials, most notably the GSP poker one (aka a d-bags wet dream). But I digress, watching Rudy take the game over was great to see, great win let's keep it moving.
RapHippy
Rookie
And1: 267

Post#237 » by RapHippy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:51 pm

Chamilitary Man wrote:

Ladies and Gentleman, the epitome of bandwagoning. Lives in Toronto and gave up on the Raptors to cheer for both the Heat and the Lakers. Usually bandwagoners pick one or the other, this guy managed to get both, AND claim loyalty to the hometown team as soon as they've shown signs of improvement.

+1

Have to add bandwagon OKC/Knicks fans too...
sycammer
Head Coach
And1: 1,304

Post#238 » by sycammer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:18 pm

Just to remind ur fellas, next 2 games against the Knicks will be back2back nights, I will predicting that realgm will crash on both days due to overload.

It will be exciting to see both teams go at it

I'm going for total no of pages for each game thread over 250
Oakley:

"What's going on the league today? It ain't nothing hard, they don't practice any more, they just go around the court doing nothing."
ghuytro
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#239 » by ghuytro » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:20 pm

PRESTIGE wrote:Anybody else getting sick of these commercials? I'm starting to hear this stuff in my sleep:

Before Andrea hits the court, he must be ready for everything..

Nobody believe what I can do. Nobody seen what I can do. Peak I can play..

Nadal's playing poker! ..

I'm Georges St. Pierre and I play different..

This pulled pork penne is divine..

*Weird violin music with old man winter*

Landry bang bus

Bautista's batting right now..

Bahahahahaha
plainballing
Head Coach
And1: 1,587

Post#240 » by plainballing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Ever since the Carter days...I really hated the Knicks...and beating them both times during our last two meeting feels good!...Also shows that we are a capable team now...RUDY GAY!
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/lillehammer/Turbo_Zone_Little_Ozzy_Davis.jpg

Return to Toronto Raptors