ImageImageImageImageImage

Fire Mike Woodson, plz

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

ajax77
Sophomore
And1: 14

Re: Fire Mike Woodson, plz 

Post#61 » by ajax77 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:12 am

Knicks are DONE!! Nice job Woody! and thanks Grunny, Walsh and Dolan for destroying our cap space which we labored for 3 years of losing. Where have you gone Zbo, Lee, Crawford and yes even little Nate. We got Melo and little else. Kidd is done. JR is well JR. Novak is useless.
Felton and Chandler are warriors but limited and Stat well he worked hard to get back. Shump for Dudley and the #pick from the Lakers sounds real good now boys. 45-37 5th seed. See you in 2015 when we get our cap space again.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Post#62 » by Stannis » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:19 am

I think he should play out this season. There is no ideal back. He could change for the best.

This is Dolan's and Melo's team. Woodson looks like a puppet.

If the Woodson fails, I would like the Knicks to get a fresh coach, instead of grabbing a former NBA coach who has been recycled.
Free Palestine
Rich2Hassan
RealGM
And1: 5,800

Post#63 » by Rich2Hassan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:23 am

LMAO
Heat President of TANK operations.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#64 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:32 am

Striders wrote:Man, this board is so predictable. I remember saying that you guys would turn on Woodson by January or so.

You knew what you were getting when you pinned all the Knicks problems on D'antoni, and thought him getting canned would be the magic cure, and now you're reaping the rewards.

What I would love to know is who they want to replace Woody.

Before last season I was one who called for D'Antoni's head. During last season I realized it was the roster that this organization put together. Now granted I was not hurt when D'Antoni stepped down.

Fast forward.........

New season, new coach, same inconsistent sh*t. We will still make the playoffs no doubt, but we are not contenders.

When you have a roster full of old, over the hill, injury prone, or injured players this is what you get. Did we not see Kidd last year? Did we not remember the reason Camby was shipped out of here in the first place was because he is injury prone? Have we forgotten that Sheed has not played basketball in two years? Do we understand that Shump was not going to be ready at the beginning of the season? Or that Brewer was hurt too? Have we also forgotten that STAT has always been an injury risk?

This is all Woody's fault?

This front office dropped the ball once again. Unprepared. No assets. Can't really do much to get better. It is what this organization has always been under Dolan, half-a**ed and not thought out.
KingzAndQueenz
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#65 » by KingzAndQueenz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:47 am

We should hire Wike Moodson.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#66 » by ITGM » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:04 am

SkipBaseless
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#67 » by SkipBaseless » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:23 am

AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#68 » by AmazingJason » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:37 am

can't stand Woodson's mug anymore, just can't stand it anymore
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
reignfire
Sixth Man
And1: 864

Post#69 » by reignfire » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:41 am

The Knicks are in a tough position once again. I honestly the issue is at the very top. I'm talking about Dolan.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#70 » by Phish Tank » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:45 am

Until Dolan dies, sells the team, or is barred from the nba, nothing will change here. Good players tend to rot here... Ever since Ewing left
GettinitDone
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,775

Post#71 » by GettinitDone » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:51 am

reignfire wrote:The Knicks are in a tough position once again. I honestly the issue is at the very top. I'm talking about Dolan.

Exactly. I hope other billionaires in the city (Bloomberg, Trump?) take a pity on us and save us by buying Dolan out. The real owners (Jerry Buss, Les Alexander) gave green light/ full trust to their GMs to do their thing. This fool always interferes and puts together a roster of "loyal" thugs and sends away the good character guys.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#72 » by Bill Bradley » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:59 am

Woodson isn't the Knicks' problem, at least in terms of gametime decisions. The problem with the Knicks is their personnel. Some of you thinking that a lineup change will solve the problem don't realize it is like rearranging the chairs on the titanic.

The Knicks lack two things that will prevent them from being a true contender: (a) they lack young talent; and (b) they lack unselfish players with good character. The Knicks came out of the gate hot because they were lucky to avoid injuries and they were playing like they had something to prove. Usually bad character comes out over the course of the season, and such an old team will rarely stay healthy.

The Knicks' offseason was a joke. Letting Lin go and bringing in Felton and a bunch of washed up players was ridiculous. Some of you who bought into it were fooled big time and will continue to be fooled every season.
rdogg1026
Banned User
And1: 51

Post#73 » by rdogg1026 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:09 am

Avery Johnson got fired during a losing streak *prays*
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,116

Post#74 » by drekwins » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:11 am

kNicksGmen wrote:the switching is my main problem with woodson. "a body on a body" works in theory, but not on the court.

Couldn't agree more. Woodson was quoted today as saying that he likes switching the 1-4 positions. This is why he likes playing small ball. In other words, he is in favor of switching Felton onto guys like Randolph, Dirk, LeBron/Bosh, Aldridge, Pau, Lee, West, Love, Griffin, etc. Likewise, he likes his 4's to be able to switch onto guys like Paul, Deron, Irving, Rose, Westbrook, Parker, Curry, Jennings, Rondo, Lawson, etc.

This is one of the main reasons Amar'e looks so lost in the PnR. He is on an island and expected to switch onto these small and fast guards every time. It's a situation where he is set up to fail. Not to mention, this is why Woodson does not like to play Amar'e at the 4. It's kind of a D'Antoni situation but on the defensive end. To me, this scheme only works if you have KG and Josh Smith in their primes... or a stretch 4 like a LeBron. Otherwise, it's a weakness and a mismatch for the other team to exploit, even with Melo.

Another problem with this scheme is that it doesn't work against the best players in the league or good teams. How the hell are Felton, Amar'e or even Melo, going to guard a switch onto Lebron, Wade, Rose, Deron, Joe Johnson, Pierce, Teague, etc. It's a defensive scheme that puts slower guys on faster guys and weaker guys on stronger guys. There's no way to stop penetration or to win the boards like this. It literally puts people in their most vulnerable match ups.
keyindabox
Starter
And1: 171

Post#75 » by keyindabox » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:40 am

LMAO SECOND PLACE IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE AND WE WANT OUR COACH FIRED!

I can't even take this crap sometimes....yes we've struggled in the second half of the FIRST HALF of the season. We've had some bad losses that should worry us at least a little bit. But can we PLEASE keep things in perspective? Why do fans act like this is the NFL and we only have 16 games in a season? IDK if I've just grown out of my 15-year-old mindset that the world is burning down whenever we lose, or it's being in law school and having much bigger worries, a combination of those things or god knows what else, but I really don't see the need to panic in situations like this. Am I worred? Sure! Of course! I've been fan of this team for 22 years and 9 months, and I'm 22 years old! It's in my blood. But I also know that this season is long, and all it takes is an affective K-Mart and maybe even a healthy Sheed or Camby and we have dynamics that can provide us with another hot run. No coach has ever been perfect in a season and not been criticized. And I mean with an imperfect personnel, which we obviously have. No coach like that has ever survived a season without some nut calling for him to be fired. The only real gripe I have with Woodson is not putting in STAT in big game situations, or to go even further, in the starting lineup. The switching on D also has to stop. But I have faith that he will figure stuff out, that WE will figure stuff out, and most importantly, that the sky is not falling.

It's games like these where I dread coming on this board, because I know what it will look like. Come on guys. Take a deep breath, on to Sunday.

#Knickstape
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#76 » by Mr_Perfect » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:43 am

keyindabox wrote:LMAO SECOND PLACE IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE AND WE WANT OUR COACH FIRED!

I can't even take this crap sometimes....yes we've struggled in the second half of the FIRST HALF off the season. We've had some bad losses that should worry us at least a little bit. But can we PLEASE keep things in perspective? Why do fans act like this is the NFL and we only have 16 games in a season? IDK if I've just grown out of my 15-year-old mindset of the world is burning down whenever we lose, or it's being in law school and having much bigger worries, or god knows what else, but I really don't see the need to panic in situations like this. Am I worred? Sure! Of course! I've been fan of this team for 22 years and 9 months, and I'm 22 years old! It's in my blood. But I also know that this season is long, and all it takes is an affective K-Mart and maybe even a healthy Sheed or Camby and we have dynamics that can provide us with another hot run. No coach has ever been perfect in a season and not been criticized. And I mean with an imperfect personnel, which we obviously have. The only real gripe I have with Woodson is not putting in STAT in big game situations, or to go even further, in the starting lineup. The switching on D also has to stop. But I have faith that he will figure stuff out, WE will figure stuff out, and the sky is not falling.

It's games like these where I dread coming on this board, because I know what it will look like. Come on guys.

#Knickstape

We've struggled for the last 30 games. The team has regressed each month instead of get better.

Mike Woodson was never a good coach and he isn't now. He's not the guy to lead the team to anything.
GnarlesOakley
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#77 » by GnarlesOakley » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:43 am

Does Melo have any friends from the Nuggets who would like the job?
KingzAndQueenz
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#78 » by KingzAndQueenz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:50 am

FYI to the people saying we're in second place, were in 3rd place now.

This team will likely be a 5/6th seed by the time it's all said and done. Not too bad.
keyindabox
Starter
And1: 171

Post#79 » by keyindabox » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:13 am

Mr_Perfect wrote:
keyindabox wrote:LMAO SECOND PLACE IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE AND WE WANT OUR COACH FIRED!

I can't even take this crap sometimes....yes we've struggled in the second half of the FIRST HALF off the season. We've had some bad losses that should worry us at least a little bit. But can we PLEASE keep things in perspective? Why do fans act like this is the NFL and we only have 16 games in a season? IDK if I've just grown out of my 15-year-old mindset of the world is burning down whenever we lose, or it's being in law school and having much bigger worries, or god knows what else, but I really don't see the need to panic in situations like this. Am I worred? Sure! Of course! I've been fan of this team for 22 years and 9 months, and I'm 22 years old! It's in my blood. But I also know that this season is long, and all it takes is an affective K-Mart and maybe even a healthy Sheed or Camby and we have dynamics that can provide us with another hot run. No coach has ever been perfect in a season and not been criticized. And I mean with an imperfect personnel, which we obviously have. The only real gripe I have with Woodson is not putting in STAT in big game situations, or to go even further, in the starting lineup. The switching on D also has to stop. But I have faith that he will figure stuff out, WE will figure stuff out, and the sky is not falling.

It's games like these where I dread coming on this board, because I know what it will look like. Come on guys.

#Knickstape

We've struggled for the last 30 games. The team has regressed each month instead of get better.

Mike Woodson was never a good coach and he isn't now. He's not the guy to lead the team to anything.

So what do we do? There are no coaches out there we can get that will do a better job for us. I just don't think it's time to call for Woodson's head. Give the guy the season. Yeah I get it, it's the time to WIN NOW and all that. But again, let's get some perspective. Even if were in 3rd now, as long as we're in the top 4 by the end of the season I'm fine. And I think that's still very, very possible.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#80 » by taj2133 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:23 am

he not getting fired it prett much useless firing a coach wo has his team in second place we are not the lakers when things go bad you fired person after 4 games losing streak.he just has to play better and that is everybody plus he should play white or copeland if there not going realeased then play them quit wasting white and copeland if they can help us win put them in the starting line up one or other.

Return to New York Knicks