Bargani booed every time he enters game

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,043

Re: Bargani booed every time he enters game 

Post#81 » by jazzfan1971 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:24 am

Wait, what?

Aren't Canadians too nice to boo someone? My entire worldview is crumbling. We're talking about Toronto, not Philly, correct?
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man
And1: 160

Post#82 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:25 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:Wait, what?

Aren't Canadians too nice to boo someone? My entire worldview is crumbling. We're talking about Toronto, not Philly, correct?

LOL Toronto is the NYC of Canada. The rest of Canada hates us cus were not nice and think the world revolves around us and our needs.
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

"Cap space can't rebound, it can't make shots"- Paul Jones

Preach.
RaptorNews
RealGM
And1: 23,156

Post#83 » by RaptorNews » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:27 am

DatBoiCapspace wrote:

LOL Toronto is the NYC of Canada. The rest of Canada hates us cus were not nice and think the world revolves around us and our needs.

Toronto is still pretty nice overall for a big city
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#84 » by sca » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:27 am

barraps wrote:
DatBoiCapspace wrote:
barraps wrote:I was at the Raps/Grizz game on Wednesday, And goddamn right I booed him. I've wanted him gone ever since the first season Bosh left and I actually believed that he could improve/work on his game enough to do a competent job as a stand in first option. I've watched probably at least 40% of raps games since then and the frustration of his crappy defense, barely any player growth since probably year 3, and overall lack of effort/heart finally came out.

Finally came out when hes a bench player with little impact on the game either way? LOL great timing. You just look like a dummy hater when you boo him now..smh..smdh.

You're right, I am a hater. Actually been one for years, not going to argue with you on whether you believe me or not. Real Raps fans know whats up.

Oh, the irony. :lol: Real fans boo their players, that's a first!
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#85 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:29 am

RaptorNews wrote:
DatBoiCapspace wrote:

Toronto is still pretty nice overall for a big city

Yea agreed. Great city. Come check us out during TIFF this year!
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

Preach.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,844

Post#86 » by Shock Defeat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:29 am

Wonder what Bryan Colangelo is feeling when he hears those boos from his #1 draft choice that he touted so much, must hurt him a lot since he is in love with Bargs.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#87 » by Hero » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:30 am

I've been to a few games lately and the majority of the crowd boos him now. Shows how fed up we all are with him. Guy is lazy and shows no effort out there. His defense is a joke and on offense he just chills at the 3 point line and jacks up shots and hope they go in. We have a few self righteous Raptor fans online here acting like it's outrageous behavior. The same guys who never go to games and say the fans who go to games are all casuals and that if you support the team with BC as GM then you're part of the problem. Good for the them I guess but the ones who are paying their money to see the team every night are allowed to boo.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#88 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:36 am

Hero wrote:I've been to a few games lately and the majority of the crowd boos him now. Shows how fed up we all are with him. Guy is lazy and shows no effort out there. His defense is a joke and on offense he just chills at the 3 point line and jacks up shots and hope they go in. We have a few self righteous Raptor fans online here acting like it's outrageous behavior. The same guys who never go to games and say the fans who go to games are all casuals and that if you support the team with BC as GM then you're part of the problem. Good for the them I guess but the ones who are paying their money to see the team every night are allowed to boo.

Whtare you on about? I think the opposite is true. Most fans are booing Bargs because they dont like BC and that is their only outlet to express their anger for the old "soft euro days". Bargs D has been fine since his return, theres a reason Casey put hi on Randolph instead of JV. The time to boo him is over, hes no longer a detriment to the team. Get over the past and enjoy the current awesome club you pay to go see.

Preach.
barraps
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#89 » by barraps » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:44 am

Well your and my definition of a treadmill team differ greatly. To me there are at most about 5 teams each year that have a good chance at winning a championship. So these would be the designated contenders at the beginning of the year. Then the rest of the teams who make the second round and have a decent chance at making the conference finals would be considered "treadmill teams". Then you got your low playoff seeded teams, bottom feeders, etc.

Now for these treadmill teams to have a chance to win a championship, everything would have to go right for them. For example, players reach max potential, good trades throughout the season, adding other pieces, develop perfect team chemistry, injuries occurring to the true contenders, match up better with certain teams in playoffs.

So treadmill teams to me only have a small chance at winning a championship and only if everything goes right for them.

I had the Grizzlies at best making the conference finals last year and thought that the clips, thunder and spurs had a better chance at making it out of the west. Basically that's what happened.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#90 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:48 am

barraps wrote:Well your and my definition of a treadmill team differ greatly. To me there are at most about 5 teams each year that have a good chance at winning a championship. So these would be the designated contenders at the beginning of the year. Then the rest of the teams who make the second round and have a decent chance at making the conference finals would be considered "treadmill teams". Then you got your low playoff seeded teams, bottom feeders, etc.

Now for these treadmill teams to have a chance to win a championship, everything would have to go right for them. For example, players reach max potential, good trades throughout the season, adding other pieces, develop perfect team chemistry, injuries occurring to the true contenders, match up better with certain teams in playoffs.

So treadmill teams to me only have a small chance at winning a championship and only if everything goes right for them.

I had the Grizzlies at best making the conference finals last year and thought that the clips, thunder and spurs had a better chance at making it out of the west. Basically that's what happened.

The Grizz were a top 5 team this year. And youre definiton of a treadmill team bares no resemblence to the analogy of running on a treadmill and not moving forward. So your definition is clearly wrong lol

Preach.
barraps
Ballboy

Post#91 » by barraps » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:55 am

How treadmill teams are the middle of the road teams in the nba who have a very low chance at winning the championship, but at the same time don't have a good chance at improving because of limited cap space, would either have to tank but decide not to, or make a trade that kills their chances of winning the ship that year.

Jeez, have to put it in layman's terms for you. Not suprised, since your probably a Bargnani fan.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#92 » by Hero » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:58 am

I could be wrong but the sense I've gotten from the games I've been to lately is that along with his past performance, the fans are sick with his current lack of effort and play.

Bargnani stats for the last 5 games.

18.2 mins ,3pts, 37% FG, 14% 3 pt %, 1.4 rebounds and 0.2 assists , 1 turnover.

He constantly looks disengaged and bored out there. His defense is really laughable as well. For one game vs Indiana he was pretty solid but I have no idea where that went. If he could play with intensity and passion and show that he cares then he wouldn't be booed.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#93 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:02 am

barraps wrote:How treadmill teams are the middle of the road teams in the nba who have a very low chance at winning the championship, but at the same time don't have a good chance at improving because of limited cap space, would either have to tank but decide not to, or make a trade that kills their chances of winning the ship that year.

Jeez, have to put it in layman's terms for you. Not suprised, since your probably a Bargnani fan.

Grizz are not a middle of the road team lmao. Do you know how many teams there are? middle of the road is 12-18. Top 5 team is not middle of the road. Youre full of contradictions bud. Grizz traded away Gay for one reason only, money. Did they also trade away their first round pick to rebuild? lmao they did it cus their owner is cheap and broke up a legit contender. Jsut because they arent the damn favourtie to win it all does not make them a treadmill team for the last time.

And Ive hated bargs since year 3 lol. I tried to boo him back when he was out of shape and chucking us out of games, Now to boo him as a bench player only makes sense to people who dont know what a treadmill is and cant do basic math lol.

Preach.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#94 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:04 am

Hero wrote:I could be wrong but the sense I've gotten from the games I've been to lately is that along with his past performance, the fans are sick with his current lack of effort and play.

He constantly looks disengaged and bored out there. His defense is really laughable as well. For one game vs Indiana he was pretty solid but I have no idea where that went. If he could play with intensity and passion and show that he cares then he wouldn't be booed.

Maybe because he gets booed at home so loses motivation, while in IND he was in a tough matchup with hibbert and feeding off that? The fans booed bards the second he checked into his first game back. ITs got nothign to do with his recent play and everything to do with expressing their hate of the BC soft euro years. THeyd rather still bitch about the past then be happy in the present and thats kind of sad.

Preach.
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,591

Post#95 » by Nate505 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:10 am

Hero wrote:I could be wrong but the sense I've gotten from the games I've been to lately is that along with his past performance, the fans are sick with his current lack of effort and play.

I have no idea why they're booing such awesome production from a #1 pick.
barraps
Ballboy

Post#96 » by barraps » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:16 am

To me the Grizzlies had only a slightly better chance at winning a ship then those hawks teams. You think the Grizz new owners would break up the team this year if they thought they had a realistic chance at winning it all?

I'm pretty sure most would say that only 5 teams have a good chance at winning a championship every year. I would have the Grizz from last year in my top 10. When people talk about "treadmill teams" their referring to the quasi contenders, which is what you are basically saying. So again contenders, treadmill teams, lower seeded teams, and bottom feeders. Wasn't even referring to record or seeded wise when talking about "middle of the road teams", I meant teams that can't get much better and don't want to break up their teams because it would displease their fans.

It's you who has the definition wrong. Not gonna talk about this anymore.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#97 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:28 am

barraps wrote:To me the Grizzlies had only a slightly better chance at winning a ship then those hawks teams. You think the Grizz new owners would break up the team this year if they thought they had a realistic chance at winning it all?

I'm pretty sure most would say that only 5 teams have a good chance at winning a championship every year. I would have the Grizz from last year in my top 10. When people talk about "treadmill teams" their referring to the quasi contenders, which is what you are basically saying. So again contenders, treadmill teams, lower seeded teams, and bottom feeders. Wasn't even referring to record or seeded wise when talking about "middle of the road teams", I meant teams that can't get much better and don't want to break up their teams because it would displease their fans.

It's you who has the definition wrong. Not gonna talk about this anymore.

I wouldnt talk about it anymore if I were you either, clearly you no nothing about what youre saying and are just followign the sheep instead of thinking for yourself. The Grizz are not a middle of the road team lmao they are top 5 and if theyre not theyre top 6 to win it all. Theyre build for playoff basketball and Rumour has it Hollinger ran the numbers and they gave themselves a ten percent chance to win it all. The new team they build will be lucky to have a chance as good as that. They couldve just as easily ridden it out the next couple years and get some playoff victories for their young franchise but their new owner is a cheapass who openly said he didnt wanna pay the tax. Make no mistake that is the only reason they made those trades. But youre right, other then OKC and MIA everyone else in the league is a treadmill team. The mavs in 11 were treadmill team, Pistons in 04, the Suns were just a treadmill team. All treadmill teams. Keep thinking that, youre just to ig'nant to realize your mind has been corrupted by bloggers advocating capspace and draft picks that you cant even think for yourself anymore. I bet you were one of those that thought the Raps would be worse off with Gay because he hurts our "capspace" lol

Preach.
BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Post#98 » by BruceO » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:59 am

i think it drives down the trade value of a player but i think the fans have a right to boo a bad product. express discontent to a point management has to do something about it. They can't have him even checking if the crowd is messing with his confidence. If his performance goes down..great they may not play him..if it goes up..great he's getting tougher,

The wizards, we booed andray blatche until management had to eventually get rid of him. They are not playing anymore when it comes to those type of players
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#99 » by sca » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:05 am

BruceO wrote:i think it drives down the trade value of a player but i think the fans have a right to boo a bad product. express discontent to a point management has to do something about it. They can't have him even checking if the crowd is messing with his confidence. If his performance goes down..great they may not play him..if it goes up..great he's getting tougher,

The wizards, we booed andray blatche until management had to eventually get rid of him. They are not playing anymore when it comes to those type of players

The Raptors are on a play-off hunt. It's one thing to boo a player when the team's tanking, but constant boos are apparently disturbing his teammates, too.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,676

Post#100 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:50 am

The franchise has treated him with kid gloves for years, giving him all the support he has needed. What have they got for their effort? He is the same player they drafted more or less, next to zero development, or effort.

Part of the problem is BC doesn't take the floor, so they can't boo him. However, Bargs is emblematic of all that has been wrong with this franchise the last seven years, so he has become the focus of their anger.

The fans are great, it's the franchise that is the problem.

Return to The General Board