Poll: Is it acceptable to boo your own team?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Is it acceptable to boo your own team?

Yes, whenever I want, as loud as I want.
38%
Yes, but only on rare occasions.
50%
No, it's never acceptable.
12%

Total votes: 143

Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,568

Re: Poll: Is it acceptable to boo your own team? 

Post#21 » by Colbinii » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:09 am

SalamiNCheez wrote:Yes, because he's shown flashes of his potential and put in at least 50% effort at the time. He's not even trying right now and completely mailing it in.

Fair enough.
I didn't realize he had potential to be anything but a jump shooting big with a giant cat.
That said, he is shooting god awful this season, and when I look at the stats, he is doing poorly in everything compared to his career averages.
I wonder if he really is this fragile guy who can't take anything negative or it will damage his confidence.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man
And1: 160

Post#22 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:12 am

Colbinii wrote:
SalamiNCheez wrote:Yes, because he's shown flashes of his potential and put in at least 50% effort at the time. He's not even trying right now and completely mailing it in.

Fair enough.
I didn't realize he had potential to be anything but a jump shooting big with a giant cat.
That said, he is shooting god awful this season, and when I look at the stats, he is doing poorly in everything compared to his career averages.
I wonder if he really is this fragile guy who can't take anything negative or it will damage his confidence.

Hes still human. No one likes to be booed in their homecourt when they should be feeding off the crowds positive energy. His poor stats came mostly from him showing up to camp out of shape and then his elbow injury. he had no legs in his shot and was laying up bricks and clearly not in gameshape, so he was taking off plays on both ends of the court. But the (Please Use More Appropriate Word) part is no one booed him them. Now he is finally back in game shape and trying to work his way back from injury into the rotation, playing decent D such as on Randolph against MEM, yet NOW the fans decide to boo him? The fans are just mad that BC put a winner on the floor without tanking and are taking it out on bargs cus hes the only thing left of the old losing era.
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

"Cap space can't rebound, it can't make shots"- Paul Jones

Preach.
Kariya
Rookie
And1: 13

Post#23 » by Kariya » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:15 am

I know he's not going to be the next Dirk and he's got some limitations, but I just want him to at least put some effort out there and pretend like he actually cares about basketball. If he had the heart and hustle of Amir Johnson, he'd be one hell of a player.

You want him to play better, so you boo him before he even enters the game? Brilliant!

What exactly do you guys gain from booing him? I don't get it.
Before I walked through life, now I frolic.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#24 » by Colbinii » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:16 am

Kariya wrote:

I know he's not going to be the next Dirk and he's got some limitations, but I just want him to at least put some effort out there and pretend like he actually cares about basketball. If he had the heart and hustle of Amir Johnson, he'd be one hell of a player.

You want him to play better, so you boo him before he even enters the game? Brilliant!

What do you guys gain from booing him exactly? I don't get it.

So you want a guy to put in effort when he is being booed? Im baffled.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
RaptorNews
RealGM
And1: 23,156

Post#25 » by RaptorNews » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:22 am

Booing Bargnani makes sense at some point, but the timing makes the fanbase seem dumb and classless. The guy should have been booed at the beginning of the season when he was playing horrendously, came in out of shape and put in no effort. Not now when he is coming off the bench after recovering from an injury and playing 12 minutes.

I think what it is is that the fans cannot believe he is still on the team after all these years.
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,858

Post#26 » by Spicy P » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:22 am

Kariya wrote:

Might light a fire under his ass, who knows. The guy played 13 minutes tonight and put up 0s all across the board. Why even show up to the game?
BIG match
Banned User
And1: 144

Post#27 » by BIG match » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:27 am

Everything involving Bargs and the Raptors was managed terribly, and that includes drafting him. It should never have come to this.
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,526

Post#28 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:29 am

SalamiNCheez wrote:
Kariya wrote:

Might light a fire under his ass, who knows. The guy played 13 minutes tonight and put up 0s all across the board. Why even show up to the game?

If fans are going to the game to boo their own players, why even show up to the game?
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#29 » by Colbinii » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:31 am

SalamiNCheez wrote:

Reeally? Does anyone actually think this is possible? After all the talk of how weak minded he is, you think booing will light a fire under his ass?
How delusional are you? They aren't booing to light a fire under his ass, they are booing because he gives them crap production. You and I both know booing isn't going to make things better. Although at this point, things can't get much worse, hehe.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#30 » by Hero » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:34 am

We all boo Bargnani because he deserves it. Simple as that. He was horrible for so many years and we gave him a chance. Enough is enough. Absolutely ok to boo in certain situations.
Rallyks
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#31 » by Rallyks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:35 am

SalamiNCheez wrote:Might light a fire under his ass, who knows.

Yeah lets shatter the dudes confidence even further. We'll see how this works out.

booing him does absolutely nothing for your franchise.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:38 am

Hero wrote:We all boo Bargnani because he deserves it. Simple as that. He was horrible for so many years and we gave him a chance. Enough is enough. Absolutely ok to boo in certain situations.

Why didnt you boo him when he was horrible then? Why do it now when he is a moderately impactful bench player that is now in game shape trying to work his way back from injury and back into the rotation? Makes no sense.
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

Preach.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#33 » by Hero » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:47 am

He is a moderately impactful bench player? Show me some proof please. He literally is invisible out there.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#34 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:51 am

Hero wrote:He is a moderately impactful bench player? Show me some proof please. He literally is invisible out there.

Decent man D, and decent offense off the bench on road games. like I said moderately impactful bench player. But youre right hees way more deserving of being booed now then when he was shooting us out of games and not in game shape at the beginning of the year. Where were the boo birds then?

Preach.
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#35 » by Young_Star11 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:11 am

Don't see why not if they are getting blown out on their own home court!
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,591

Post#36 » by Nate505 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:12 am

I think the Jazz were booed by their home crowd when Houston was just kicking the crap out of them. I thought it was acceptable then.

Then again Jazz fans just love to boo almost anything. Which I approve of, because disgust is better than apathy or blind loyalty.
Nate505
RealGM

Post#37 » by Nate505 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:16 am

Kariya wrote:

What exactly do you guys gain from booing him? I don't get it.

If it's a player with any sort of heart he might actually show some effort.

But from what I've seen of Bargs (granted, not a lot) he'll just go though the motions and rob the Raptors of money. He's an extremely worthless player, and has no heart whatsoever. Since the fans can't get good play out of him, might as well boo him. It would make me feel better at least if I were a Raptors fan at the game.

Looking at his box scores is comical. He's scored double digits 17 games this season and the Raptors have won 3 of them. He has to be in the running for being one of the most uneffective scorers in league history.
Cleveland Cavs
Senior
And1: 118

Post#38 » by Cleveland Cavs » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:17 am

Alot of American fake fans proving once again that European support is the best in the world, you stand behind your team at all costs, down 40 at half? you still support them and cheer for them regardless of what happens
Ronito
Lead Assistant
And1: 101

Post#39 » by Ronito » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:19 am

Booing a bust is OK. If you pay for the ticket, do what you want as long as it is within the rules.
Nate505
RealGM

Post#40 » by Nate505 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:19 am

Cleveland Cavs wrote:Alot of American fake fans proving once again that European support is the best in the world, you stand behind your team at all costs, down 40 at half? you still support them and cheer for them regardless of what happens

I would counter that with that American fans are far better than Euros, who blindly follow anything regardless of the crap product they put on the court/field.

Return to The General Board