ImageImage

New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction 

Post#21 » by worthlessBucks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:50 am

I didn't need to read those Hammond quotes. Hoping we can at least solidify the 8th spot. :D
Go Bucks!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,839

Post#22 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:58 am

worthlessBucks wrote:I didn't need to read those Hammond quotes. Hoping we can at least solidify the 8th spot. :D

I hadn't seen that story until Luke linked it above.

Ugh
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
linguini8
Junior
And1: 47

Post#23 » by linguini8 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:12 am

"We haven't been playing quite as well lately and we're hoping we can at least solidify this eight spot."

How unbelievably awful....This franchise is hot garbage.
linguini8
Junior
And1: 47

Post#24 » by linguini8 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:15 am

Unreal.

"you know you don't know what it will look like in a few years if those guys are playing for ORL or someone else and we think about how we didnt decide to keep them, but this was about now, trying to win games now, we're trying to solidfy the 8th spot, maybe move up to 7, trying to win games this year."
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#25 » by kid idioteque » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:37 am

17-12 sounds about right to me.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#26 » by worthlessBucks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:48 am

I'm not going to go through each game and mark off wins or losses, but I'd expect 16-13 with a 2 or 3 game variation on either side as a possibility. Possibly even better if they match up well with Atlanta in their 4 games. Win-now baby.
paulpressey25 wrote:
worthlessBucks wrote:I didn't need to read those Hammond quotes. Hoping we can at least solidify the 8th spot. :D

I hadn't seen that story until Luke linked it above.

Ugh

We most certainly can't trade the players most responsible for us 'not playing quite well'. Have to just add the token <deadline or offseason> new guy and hope it works in our favor.

For the record, it does seem like Hammond is covering his butt big time with those quotes, but I'm not absolving him of his crimes. He is the one on the line with the other GM being taken to the woodshed each time. "But Ferry backed out!" -- Should have had a contingency plan for the contingency plan for the contingency plan.
Go Bucks!
Oscar71
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#27 » by Oscar71 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:53 am

13-16. Still clinches the 8th. seed. Lather, Rinse, Repeat....
Kidd Prunty Budenholzer > Macha Roenicke Counsell
adam10
Senior
And1: 111

Post#28 » by adam10 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:53 am

Happy to stick my neck out and predict that JJ will make an impact for us and make us a better team.
LETS GO
adam10
Senior
And1: 111

Post#29 » by adam10 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:53 am

In saying that, 8th seed and swept.
LETS GO
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#30 » by unklchuk » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:57 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
"Both are really good guys and both are guys that I think have a chance to be in this league for a long time," Hammond said. "You do look up and you don't know what it's going to look like in a few years. But his is kind of more about trying to win now."

I don't believe for a second that Hammond didn't get bullied into this move by Herb Kohl.

Kohl gave him a hard line directive to execute this type of a move and this is what Hammond could get done.

Blame it on his negotiating skills for the actual pieces, but he was put down this path by Kohl.

I couldn't agree more.

Your interpretation jibes with the attitudes that Paschke and Davis took on Friday's Roundtable. They were like the court discussing an edict by the King. One that the King hadn't publicly linked his name to. Not wasting energy on IF it should have been done. Just commenting on what it might mean. Paschke was in an odd mood. Perhaps a veteran observer pissed but silent at the way things are now.

Right now I don't see much point in my whining or raging about it. It is just is the way it is. What can't be cured must be endured.
AFAIK, IDKM
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,348

Post#31 » by ackypoo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:14 pm

how often does a team fire its head coach and then go into win now mode with an interim. god damn mess.
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach
And1: 53

Post#32 » by cellomac1212 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:31 pm

KeyRabbit wrote:
The city doesn't deserve this sham.

Be very careful what you wish for... Thin Sacramento Kinks, Seattle Supersonincs, New Jersey Nets, etc., etc. etc...

I always thought it was better to have a playoff team than no team at all...
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach
And1: 53

Post#33 » by cellomac1212 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:34 pm

linguini8 wrote:"We haven't been playing quite as well lately and we're hoping we can at least solidify this eight spot."

How unbelievably awful....This franchise is hot garbage.

GM wants playoffs...

Fans want the 12th-15th draft pick...

How unbelievably awful...
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#34 » by Aaron It Out » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:39 pm

Fans want a championship. Its really not that hard to understand. Surely youve been around this board long enough to realize this by now, so quit trolling.

For the most part, I don't blame Hammond. He worked really hard on a deal that would have made is a very good team witha huge amount of flexibility this offseason. Unfortunately he got played and when his move backfired on him he panicked and pulled the trigger, knowing if he didnt make a move there would be bag night part 2, which I dont doubt for a second would have happened. He deserves the blame for that, unless Kohl forced his hand which I don't think necessarily happened but you can't factor that out.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,908

Post#35 » by sidney lanier » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:31 pm

Aaron It Out wrote: For the most part, I don't blame Hammond. He worked really hard on a deal that would have made is a very good team witha huge amount of flexibility this offseason. Unfortunately he got played and when his move backfired on him he panicked and pulled the trigger, knowing if he didnt make a move there would be bag night part 2, which I dont doubt for a second would have happened.

Ah yes, the awesome power of the grocery bag. I suppose some may cower at it. Some might even dread the "Paper or plastic?" question posed by the bored high school kid bagging groceries as though it were a Zen koan. But I doubt that an NBA GM, even one for our favorite have-not team, fears a repeat of the Wrath of Kohl to the extent that he panics and makes unpremeditated moves.

I smile whenever I read the things imputed to Herb Kohl here — puppet-master of mediocrity, meddlesome old man, longer for the eighth seed, center point in a misguided circle of friends. Every bad move bears the mark of Kohl, and every good move gets past him when he isn't looking. And the opinions are expressed with the certainty of the characters in 1984 describing the attributes of Big Brother.

I agree with you that Hammond is doing what Damon Runyon said we all do, which is the best we can. I disagree that he is a neurotic wreck pinballing from panic move to panic move because of ownership pressure.

Picking up Redick was a relatively inconsequential but logical move given the likelihood of an impending vacancy at the two. It will be nice to be able to kick the tires for the rest of the season and see what he is playing next to Jennings. But in the grand scheme of things, this was what most NBA trades are: garbage for garbage. Hardly a blip on the radar, even for a couple of have-not teams.

As Bucks fans, of course we'd like to see a championship team here. Nobody, probably not even our reviled little senator, wants repeated failure. But as long as the Association is three or four good teams and a couple of dozen Washington Generals, that's our fate. I'm glad I saw us win a coin flip four decades ago, and I hope we get lucky again someday, but in the meantime I'm not venting by spinning wacky theories.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#36 » by Nebula1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:44 pm

I definitely think Redick helps this team go on a run. If it doesn't happen, that's a damn shame, but I'm rooting for the playoffs.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Post#37 » by Frank Nova » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:13 pm

19-10 to finish the season.

10 losses are:

@ Houston
@ Lob City
vs Miami
@ Atlanta
@ Indiana
vs OKC
@ New York
@ Miami
vs Denver
@ OKC

7 road losses and 3 home losses. Final record: 45-37.

Hard to predict how the other playoff teams will finish down the stretch as well but the seeding will be relatively close and we will definitely finish better than 8th seed but I have no idea how much better.

I guess I'd say as high as 5th and as low as 7th
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#38 » by JustinCredible » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:48 pm

We have the 16th toughest schedule remaining.
76ers = 15th
Celtics = 25th
Raptors = 28th

Wouldn't be shocked to see us miss playoffs with the Celtics and Raptors getting in. Hopefully I am wrong because I would rather have playoffs than 9th seed.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Post#39 » by vegaspacker » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:34 pm

I really believe that there was nothing more that could have been done during the trade deadline.

Adding Reddick does a few things IMHO. Brandon, and Monta realize that there is another guard capable of scoring. Boylan has some proof in the pudding with his previous play, and may potentially be able to reign in a more controlled style of play. The half court offense certainly has more opportunities too.

Bonus, we get to work with some pretty physically talented guards, evaluate them the remainder of the season and determine a direction for the future. All, some, or none for the next season and beyond are options for the future. If none, we pick up some FAs with one year deals, some scrubs and tank. Or pick up a few big time agents and lock them up hoping they can work.

Sure we lost Tobes... some are really upset. This guy has been here for a bit and practiced often, My guess is that he wasn't able to make much noise against MBAH and Sanders there. Maybe that is unfair, but the reality of the situation. He looked good in SL and at Tenn, but we don't run an offense for the SF.

Josh Smith, in hindsight I am glad this didn't go down. More chucking than highlights, and this team might have got out of control. Imagine Boylan pulling a Scotty on the sidelines, hands in head staring at the floor. Plus we could have really given up some valuable pieces that have shown ability on the floor, i.e. Sanders, Henson, or even a 1st.

The addition of Reddick opens up the floor for Duns, and Ersan... and as a consequence maybe a few more successful swag layups. The front court remains intact, and they have size and defensive abilities. Keeping Udoh on the court with JJ there is much better, now there is another option.

I think Lamb and Udrih will not be missed... Maybe Ish can play a bit and be a distributor role guy, but most likely he and Ayon are cheap bench guys. Either way, I believe we got the better deal... in a season that there were no big deals.

That said, we should improve over what we had going in. Maybe 7th seed, possibly 6th... still living by the jump ball but the spacing has potential to really improve the half-court game. Sammy might be a wild card in the playoffs... he surely won't beast, but he has the tools to get some easy inside stuff if the plays are mapped out.

Looking at 2013-14... the door is wide open. No, we won't be a contending 3 seed... but we will definitely have some options.

So, I think the Bucks have a chance to put something together these next few months. I remain optimistic and for-see that this was a pretty good course of action 'all things considered'. Good Day
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Post#40 » by vegaspacker » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:41 pm

Having JJ in there, or on the team may also take some pressure off of Monta, and Jennings. I believe as competitors they really want to win, maybe this is a good mojo move too. It takes a little off of their shoulders.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks