ImageImageImageImageImage

Cut Some1, Sign DELONTE, Sooner Rather Than Later Please.

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Re: Cut Some1, Sign DELONTE, Sooner Rather Than Later Please 

Post#121 » by BasicBall » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:22 pm

Delonte and JR on the same team? Oh hell nah!
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#122 » by Huey Freeman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:25 pm

Does Delonte even want to play again after the fiasco in Dallas? Has he spoken about a return lately? If he takes his meds then....F*** it, put me on the "Get Crazy-@ss Delonte West On This Team ASAP" bandwagon. Take that risk. I know he's a nutcase but who else out there can help us more at the guard position - on both sides of the ball? No one from the D-League.

Most of basketball is mental, and having West and K-Mart presence on the floor helps the team get tough. It also allows Jason Kidd to rest because I suspect he's not 100% in some regard but is playing anyway. And Delonte West is a better decision-maker than Shump & JR Smith. And like others have said earlier, West can play both guard positions for spot minutes. But, I wouldn't cut James White before cutting Kurt Thomas. We have Kenyon Martin now, KT is more expendable.

Hey, since we are collecting old vets, I would explore what kind of shape Mo Evans is in and dust him off to see if he's still better than James White. :lol:
Revolution starts in the mind...
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#123 » by Pharmcat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:41 pm

another guy Id throw out there is Mo evans

is this guy available?

he meets all the criteria: SG, old, vet, experience with playing under woodson

Id start him at sg, ease the pressure of SHump and let him come of the bench
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,342

Post#124 » by kane » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Oh F it lets just sign gilbert arenas too while were at it and we can all eat vaseline together :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#125 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:10 pm

moocow007 wrote:Absolutely...I've been bitching like a little girl for Andersen, Martin and West for quite some time now. Andersen went to Miami and has basically played a huge role in re-igniting that team. We got Martin (hopefully to do something of the same in NY). West is the last one. Go get him. Crazy is the last thing the Knicks need to worry about. Right now they need someone with balls of steel and that's West. They need a fighter and that's West. And West does EVERYTHING that the Knicks are needing right now of their perimeter players (ball handling, shooting, defense, toughness, passing) that they are rarely getting.

This is all Dolan who wants good "quality" people on his team. It's only out of desperation, IMO, that he buckled and signed Fugazy.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#126 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:15 pm

HawthorneWingo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:Absolutely...I've been bitching like a little girl for Andersen, Martin and West for quite some time now. Andersen went to Miami and has basically played a huge role in re-igniting that team. We got Martin (hopefully to do something of the same in NY). West is the last one. Go get him. Crazy is the last thing the Knicks need to worry about. Right now they need someone with balls of steel and that's West. They need a fighter and that's West. And West does EVERYTHING that the Knicks are needing right now of their perimeter players (ball handling, shooting, defense, toughness, passing) that they are rarely getting.

This is all Dolan who wants good "quality" people on his team. It's only out of desperation, IMO, that he buckled and signed Fugazy.

If Dolan took the quality of the person into account, our roster would be very different. I've seen no evidence of that, unfortunately.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#127 » by GONYK » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
HawthorneWingo wrote:

If Dolan took the quality of the person into account, our roster would be very different. I've seen no evidence of that, unfortunately.

It would be Layden's Knicks if character was the main criteria
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#128 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:20 pm

GONYK wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:
HawthorneWingo wrote:

It would be Layden's Knicks if character was the main criteria

Maybe there's a middle ground where players who are simultaneously marginal AND douchey can be avoided, so that the douche quotient isn't higher than it has to be.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,018

Post#129 » by moocow007 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:50 pm

HawthorneWingo wrote:

The Knicks basically got smacked in the face by the Pacers right off the back the other game. Instead of fighting back they basically curled up in a fetal position and cried themselves to a loss. The time for being prissy about character is long past. For those that say "must be a reason why no one wants him so I dont want him either". Same could have been said about Chris Andersen and hes turned out to be the match that has helped reignite the Heat after they spent about a month yhemselves playing like ass. So shouldthe Heat not have signed him cause he had character problems andno one signed him up until then? If a 10 day contract for West to see what he can do can destroy this team then this team definitely has more problems than West can help with. Dallas was at a different point than the Knicks are now when they cut him. No West isnt going to single handedly do anything but tgats not the purpose to add him...never was. Anyone thinking along that rationale is just blurry minded.
KingzAndQueenz
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#130 » by KingzAndQueenz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:54 pm

Na, lets hang on to the dunk contest failure instead.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#131 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:57 pm

moocow007 wrote:
The Knicks basically got smacked in the face by the Pacers right off the back the other game. Instead of fighting back they basically curled up in a fetal position and cried themselves to a loss. The time for being prissy about character is long past. For those that say "must be a reason why no one wants him so I dont want him either". Same could have been said about Chris Andersen and hes turned out to be the match that has helped reignite the Heat after they spent about a month yhemselves playing like ass. So shouldthe Heat not have signed him cause he had character problems andno one signed him up until then? If a 10 day contract for West to see what he can do can destroy this team then this team definitely has more problems than West can help with. Dallas was at a different point than the Knicks are now when they cut him. No West isnt going to single handedly do anything but tgats not the purpose to add him...never was. Anyone thinking along that rationale is just blurry minded.

If this team was "prissy about character" (not sure why caring about character is "prissy," but whatever) it wouldn't have Jason Kidd, J.R. Smith, and Kenyon Martin.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#132 » by GONYK » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:59 pm

I'd sign Pistorious if he could defend the perimeter
NyKniCKs2010
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#133 » by NyKniCKs2010 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:31 pm

Actually alan hahn said on his twitter that warrick was released. Cut thomas and sign him!
iHeartKNicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 111

Post#134 » by iHeartKNicks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:13 pm

NyKniCKs2010 wrote:Actually alan hahn said on his twitter that warrick was released. Cut thomas and sign him!

We dont need another big man, we need a wing player that is capable of at least giving effort on defense, can handle the ball and can knock down an open shot.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFABQ3s5_lA[/youtube]
while I take this mix with a grain of salt, one thing you'll notice is that he's very aggressive defending the P&R which would be valuable to us.
Twitter: AntBloom
IG: Antbloom
THE KNICKS WILL PREVAIL… eventually
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#135 » by GONYK » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:31 pm

NyKniCKs2010 wrote:Actually alan hahn said on his twitter that warrick was released. Cut thomas and sign him!

Warrick is ass
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,047

Post#136 » by RHODEY » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:58 pm

iHeartKNicks wrote:

We dont need another big man, we need a wing player that is capable of at least giving effort on defense, can handle the ball and can knock down an open shot.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFABQ3s5_lA[/youtube]
while I take this mix with a grain of salt, one thing you'll notice is that he's very aggressive defending the P&R which would be valuable to us.

Hmm...think I'm on board. Still doesn't change the fact that we don't know how far off mentally Delonte is. But from a basketball standpoint he probably could help immensely.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#137 » by Tron Carter » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling
Woody plans to meet w/ Grunwald soon to discuss roster. Sims will likely not get called up. Focus more on backcourt. West, Gaines or Pargo?

pargo signed with the lolcats. west might be on the radar.
R.I.P Black Mamba
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 125,997

Post#138 » by god shammgod » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:14 pm

HakeemKnicks wrote:
Woody plans to meet w/ Grunwald soon to discuss roster. Sims will likely not get called up. Focus more on backcourt. West, Gaines or Pargo?

didn't expect this.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,018

Post#139 » by moocow007 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:16 pm

HakeemKnicks wrote:

Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#140 » by Tron Carter » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:18 pm

god shammgod wrote:
HakeemKnicks wrote:

didn't expect this.

neither did i, pleasantly surprised. just hope zwerling isn't throwing **** up against the wall hoping it sticks like that kennedy kid.
R.I.P Black Mamba

Return to New York Knicks