GAME THREAD: New Jerseys! vs The Dunkin Parkers

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Re: GAME THREAD: New Jerseys! vs The Dunkin Parkers 

Post#101 » by HiRez » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:37 am

Speaking of crazy, here's another stat I saw:

Jarrett Jack is the first player in the NBA to come off the bench and score 30 points and dish 10 assists since Magic Johnson in 1996. I can't confirm that's true, but if so, WOW.
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

Post#102 » by TaylorMonkey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:50 am

HiRez wrote:This is kind of crazy, here are the NBA top teams by record:

1. San Antonio
2. Miami
3. Oklahoma City
4. L.A. Clippers

Warriors have wins against all 4 of the top 4 teams in the NBA, has any other team done that? Of course the #5 team is Memphis, Warriors really need to figure out how to beat them. But pretty impressive.

Warriors should just offer Jack a new contract right now.

This. We finally got our swag/irrational confidence guy. He needs to be made a team captain even if we already have 3.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#103 » by HiRez » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:29 am

Still trying to figure out why the Spurs tried to run that exact same out of bounds play again later in the game. That was pretty dumb for a smart team. Fortunately the Warriors learned from their mistake the first time and were ready for it.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#104 » by Coxy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:59 am

Great win, wow.
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach
And1: 53

Post#105 » by cellomac1212 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:17 pm

Wow!!! I was telling my wife before the game, i can't remember the last time we beat the Spurs. I knew it was a long time, but 5 years??? Sheese... Great game!!!

PS-I thought I would hate those uniforms a lot more from the pictures. But they weren't half as bad on the TV... But my wife did notice the discoloration between shorts and tops. If they fix that, these might become reputable... and oh, luckily the pinstripes can only be seen in the close up, because those got to go too...
Onyros
Starter
And1: 10

Post#106 » by Onyros » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:21 pm

I actually liked the uniforms in action. Stills weren't flattering. Would love one of those in blue, though.

I was in absolute dismay that we managed to win this one, but I didn't think it was a pretty win. Jack was outstanding, imagine if he had played within himself... That's another 15pt loss right there.
DUMP JACKSON! (formerly DUMP DAMP --> DUMP HARRINGTON --> DUMP CRAWFORD --> DUMP JACKO --> DUMP MAGGETTE. Don't wanna break my mojo)
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#107 » by old rem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:23 pm

HiRez wrote:This is kind of crazy, here are the NBA top teams by record:

1. San Antonio
2. Miami
3. Oklahoma City
4. L.A. Clippers

Warriors have wins against all 4 of the top 4 teams in the NBA, has any other team done that? Of course the #5 team is Memphis, Warriors really need to figure out how to beat them. But pretty impressive.

Warriors should just offer Jack a new contract right now.

To me...beating the Spurs is big,because they especially OWNED GSW. GSW got W's last year vs Miami,OKC, but had not won vs SA for 3 yrs. The Spurs...don't have "off nights" You have to GRAB a win cause they won't drop it in your lap.

HUGE games by Lee and Jack. I'm starting to get concerned about Barnes...He has had these games where his production is...hardly anything. Look at the numbers....Reggie Williams was regularly well above that and was basically a 6th man. Green...seems to have misplaced his scoring skills but the rebounds and D...are a plus.
CENSORED... No comment.
Jonatton Yeah
Veteran
And1: 4,062

Post#108 » by Jonatton Yeah » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:05 pm

I'm most impressed with the toughness the Warriors displayed last night. I was complaining about that a week+ ago whilst on the losing streak. The answer? Jarrett Jack. He has that oft-irrational, "I can do this and I'm going to do this and it will work out." That approach is sorely lacking when he's off the court.
That's hilarious and co
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#109 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:20 pm

I'm still exhausted from being at the game. It was too stressful. Most fun I had at a game in a long time though. Hopefully it will lead to a big turn around and a solid road trip. It'd be nice to go 3-2 and come back for the long home stretch.

Rip Curl spring suit uniforms FTMFW!
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
LeonGenesis
Sixth Man
And1: 344

Post#110 » by LeonGenesis » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Jack was the man ...without him...we would have lost the game.

That was an entertaining game...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#111 » by FNQ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:39 pm

W's MVPs last night

1) David Lee
2) Jarrett Jack
3) Klay Thompson
4) Andrew Bogut
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#112 » by watch1958 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:42 pm

Funny thing about Barnes. He was totally out of sync on offense (again), but the team did better when he was on the court.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,035

Post#113 » by Jester_ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:50 pm

I was wary early on when we struggled out of the gates and hit our stride once Bogut was taken out -- but it's disconcerting to see that this late in the season we seem to play so poorly with Bogut in tow. We will need him as a cog in our starting lineup to make any kind of noise in the starting lineup, and it's disappointing to see that they haven't been able to gel him in.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,131

Post#114 » by Onus » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:22 pm

The warriors should keep the ball in currys hand. He might not be able to get a shot off but he gets people wide open looks. I understand he's the best shooter in the world and want him to shoot but he creates so much more havoc when the defense has to double him. The warriors need to stop hindering curry by playing off the ball, just cuz he can do it doesn't mean he should.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#115 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:36 pm

I don't recall the Warriors committing to one real double team all game which ment that the three point shooters were never WIDE open. I think I counted at most 5 stand still threes shot by Spurs all game. Warriors drove them off the three point line over and over again. Great defensive effort.

Klay was all over Parker and I think Parker's only mini run offensively came when Curry was on him. Big time defensive effort from Klay....

Barnes didn't shoot well..but both he and Jack to to the line....which is huge for the Warriors...

Draymond Green...again...just so intelligent defensivelly.....made winning defensive plays down the stretch....

Playoff like game....and the Warriors just MIGHT play the Spurs in the first round..ya never know.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Jonatton Yeah
Veteran
And1: 4,062

Post#116 » by Jonatton Yeah » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:01 am

Agreed about the lack of double teams and how much better the team looked. I'm of the opinion that we double as an adjustment, not as the standard approach from the get-go. If someone is getting crushed, fine. But I like it when Jackson/Malone let the guys be. Worst case they learn what not to do. A better case is no wide open threes and no 140 points in 48 minutes embarrassments.
That's hilarious and co
hodgy#11
Sixth Man
And1: 663

Post#117 » by hodgy#11 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:16 am

Hi guys,

OKC fan here, just stopping by to say that was a fantastic W last night.

Jack was amazing, he has that crazy confidence in himself that contenders need from their bench sparkplugs.

Must admit the bit I enjoyed the most in that final minute of OT was that amazing rebound off the FT from Draymond Green. He skied above the pack and basically sealed the win. You guys seem to have 4 or 5 guys in your team whose stats don't jump out at you but just do the little things needed for a win.

The other part I was surprised to see is just how much Lee has improved defensively, he was giving Duncan fits in 4th & OT.

Hope to see you guys in the conference finals in a few months time!!
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#118 » by Mylie10 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:49 am

watch1958 wrote:Funny thing about Barnes. He was totally out of sync on offense (again), but the team did better when he was on the court.

I'm not worried because he was very aggressive and those shots will eventually fall.....he shot 6is free throws and should have went to the line on another drive.

Just a shooting slump.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors