Poll: Is it acceptable to boo your own team?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Is it acceptable to boo your own team?

Yes, whenever I want, as loud as I want.
38%
Yes, but only on rare occasions.
50%
No, it's never acceptable.
12%

Total votes: 143

geminiz
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,431

Re: Poll: Is it acceptable to boo your own team? 

Post#41 » by geminiz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:38 am

Bargnani apologist needs to stop expanding this topic to the whole team, cuz it's not the team, it's just Barney alone, quit dragging everyone down and exaggerating. Fan can boo whoever they think deserved it, especially when they pay these $$$ tickets. If you dont wanna boo your lover boy that's fine, but quit being a nazi trying to pressure everyone else to stop booing Barney.
mysticbb
Banned User
And1: 713

Post#42 » by mysticbb » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:07 am

Nate505 wrote:I would counter that with that American fans are far better than Euros, who blindly follow anything regardless of the crap product they put on the court/field.

Wouldn't that rather depend on the money they spend respectively for the respective team?

If you as a fan are unhappy with the decisions made by the team (and Bargnani was signed by the Raptors!), you probably shouldn't pay for your tickets in order to make the team realise that they are at fault (in your opinion). But what exactly does it change, if Bargnani gets a treatment like that? Is he going to be any better? Will that raise his trade value? What exactly do fans expect in such a case?

geminiz wrote:Fan can boo whoever they think deserved it, especially when they pay these $$$ tickets.

Yeah, they can, but what exactly do they want to accomplish with that? What kind of influence will that have on the decisions by other players to play for such a team? Does any fan ever thought about the possible consequences?
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#43 » by Sharcm1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:46 pm

If the team loses fine. All teams lose games. But if they lose because they gave no effort then you have the right to boo them.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#44 » by Jake0890 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:12 pm

I think there's a difference between booing your team's performance and booing a player.

Bargs deserves it.
dan_atko97
Lead Assistant
And1: 287

Post#45 » by dan_atko97 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:13 pm

i reckon only if the player comes out and requests trade, then its acceptible
Ax2SG
Bench Warmer
And1: 191

Post#46 » by Ax2SG » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:16 pm

I remember a game Chicago fans booing Boozer for poor performance. I remember a game Chicago fans booing the team for poor performance and getting blown out. That's fine with me. I'd boo if my team is underperforming horribly.
BackseatBoss
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,269

Post#47 » by BackseatBoss » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:35 pm

I am almost guaranteed that people, who are defending Bargnani, barely even watch any of the Raptors games. We had to suffer with watching him play on our team for more than 6 years now. He has absolutely no heart and if you know anything about Raptors fans, they value heart the most. That's why Amir is one of the fan favorites and why the fanbase hated seeing Davis get traded. Bargs doesn't play ANY help defense, doesn't rebound (4.5 rebounds per 36 minutes for a 7 footer), is incredibly inefficient and can't hit any shots in the clutch. I completely understand all of the fans frustration, because this was the first time that it actually looked like Bargs was going to get traded, but he's still with us. At least he's not in the starting lineup anymore, but it's very frustrating to watch Jonas, who's fighting for every rebound and is leaving his heart on the court, get benched for someone like Andrea. Someone compared Bargnani to playing a similar role on the team as Blatche did on the Wizards and I completely agree, only Blatche at least could get some rebounds.
Kyrama
RealGM
And1: 649

Post#48 » by Kyrama » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:19 pm

Yes. Bargnani is a bum.
KDgoat
Senior
And1: 19

Post#49 » by KDgoat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Absolutely. When they are playing like trash, not putting in proper effort or acting like divas not caring about the fans who show up for their games, then you boo the **** out of them.
Baester
Rookie
And1: 58

Post#50 » by Baester » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:21 pm

DatBoiCapspace wrote:Booing a team or player thats underperforming is fine. Booing a bench player trying to come back from injury and worwk their way into the rotation because youre secretly pissed that the team is finally winning because it means your GM wont get fired, so the only way to express youre frustrations is to boo said player, thats just pathetic bro.

So what you're saying is Bargnani is not underperforming?
Baester
Rookie
And1: 58

Post#51 » by Baester » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:25 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:
SalamiNCheez wrote:
Kariya wrote:
I know he's not going to be the next Dirk and he's got some limitations, but I just want him to at least put some effort out there and pretend like he actually cares about basketball. If he had the heart and hustle of Amir Johnson, he'd be one hell of a player.

You want him to play better, so you boo him before he even enters the game? Brilliant!

What do you guys gain from booing him exactly? I don't get it.

Might light a fire under his ass, who knows. The guy played 13 minutes tonight and put up 0s all across the board. Why even show up to the game?

If fans are going to the game to boo their own players, why even show up to the game?[/quote]
Player. Not players.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#52 » by spearsy23 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:39 pm

It's stupid, childish and pathetic in this case. What's the end game? You think he's going to retire from 10mil/yr just because he's getting booed? You think Casey's going to stop playing him? You think colangelo is going to cut him? All you're doing in the end is tearing a guy down because he's not the great player you want him to be, he's coming off the bench and trying to work himself into some kind of role that can help the raptors, but you choose NOW to do this?

Sure, you're allowed to do it, but that doesn't make you any less of a jerk for actually doing it.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#53 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:43 pm

spearsy23 wrote:It's stupid, childish and pathetic in this case. What's the end game? You think he's going to retire from 10mil/yr just because he's getting booed? You think Casey's going to stop playing him? You think colangelo is going to cut him? All you're doing in the end is tearing a guy down because he's not the great player you want him to be, he's coming off the bench and trying to work himself into some kind of role that can help the raptors, but you choose NOW to do this?

Sure, you're allowed to do it, but that doesn't make you any less of a jerk for actually doing it.

Wah, wah wah... Trade the guy and be done with it. You'd think even his fanbois would be tired of making thousands of excuses for this chump.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#54 » by spearsy23 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:46 pm

You know there has to be a team willing to take him on, right? Also, i don't think bargnani has any fan boys, or even fans. The fact is, you're an idiot for doing it, if there's no endgame then it's plain childish.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#55 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:49 pm

spearsy23 wrote:You know there has to be a team willing to take him on, right? Also, i don't think bargnani has any fan boys, or even fans. The fact is, you're an idiot for doing it, if there's no endgame then it's plain childish.

Wrong, the guy has dozens of fans, and most of them post on realgm. Only an idiot would think him being booed is going to be what determines whether or not he can be traded.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#56 » by spearsy23 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Neutral 123 wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:You know there has to be a team willing to take him on, right? Also, i don't think bargnani has any fan boys, or even fans. The fact is, you're an idiot for doing it, if there's no endgame then it's plain childish.

Wrong, the guy has dozens of fans, and most of them post on realgm. Only an idiot would think him being booed is going to be what determines whether or not he can be traded.

The trade deadline is over... He can't be traded for at least a few months anyway. And who said booing him had anything to do with his trade value :-?
TONY_YAYO
Pro Prospect
And1: 324

Post#57 » by TONY_YAYO » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:57 pm

Yes its acceptable to boo just as its acceptable for players to get paid its comes with the territory of being a sports team
“I didn’t come for the massage, Funk; I came for the facial.”-Stacey King
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#58 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:00 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:

The trade deadline is over... He can't be traded for at least a few months anyway. And who said booing him had anything to do with his trade value :-?

He can't be booed in the offseason. Booing him mercilessly makes it abundantly clear to management/ownership of a team that a guy needs to go. His fanbois will cry for weeks. Hopefully they take their brand of irrational garbage to his new team. In Italy!
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#59 » by spearsy23 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:02 pm

You think colangelo will be like 'oh crap they're booing bargs, gotta ship him out!'?it's Bryan colangelo, his thought process is 'yeah, they're booing Casey because Andrea shouldn't have ever been on the bench!'
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#60 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:16 pm

spearsy23 wrote:You think colangelo will be like 'oh crap they're booing bargs, gotta ship him out!'?it's Bryan colangelo, his thought process is 'yeah, they're booing Casey because Andrea shouldn't have ever been on the bench!'

And that is precisely why a guy like Bargnani is being booed! He should have been traded ages ago, and fans have been driven to their breaking point. Maybe this will get Colangelo fired as well? That's what should happen. Both of those clowns holding hands, riding off together into the sunset.

Return to The General Board